My second trip to the Arkansas quartz mines. :)

AJ

Oh bless your heart. Every single thing I've tried to share with my mother has turned out the same way. I'm finished, what's next? And my foot barely out of the car. At least the mines will be there next time you go...

We have some petrified wood forests reasonably close, maybe we could swing a trade one day?

raeanne

Hi everyone,
Oh how I could relate! Trips with my mother and sister were always trying on my patience. However, my only sibing, my sister, passed away in 1992 and mom passed in 1993. I would give anything for one more road trip with them! Morticia Monroe - please let this frustrating trip age like fine wine. Cherish it. It IS golden! (But then, I get the feeling you already know that. ;-) )

enchantedmoon3

I wanna go too!!! Its only a few hours for me but I can never get anyone to go.
I end up getting alot of my stuff from the local "Rock Shop" :) Great place but not as fun as digging your own.

Aulruna

Sorry, I know this is awfully frustrating for you, but I laughed so hard tears splashed on my keyboard... Your account of the events was really, truly hilarious!!

My mother also has taken to crossing each and every of my schemes. She only started to do this recently, so I still haven't adapted an am caught off guard quite often!!!

Keep the next outing a secret mission :D