Why was today full of extremes for me??

punkangelgcm437

LOL. The prayers is great...go Sag's & Libra's!

The animals too...hmm...am I a cat or a dog person? I just can't decide! But in that section...I dont relate to the Sag's cuz I'm very very scared of horses! (along with ladybugs, spiders, storms,...).

Pisces..a fish cuz if you forget about em you can replace em. LOL. So Piscesish. I think Rene is lucky she remembers to feer her dog (well...most of the time).

Cancer's...anything as long as it needs nurtured. There has got to be some Cancer in me...I love nuturing animals LOL.

Moongold...I wanna ask your opinon. I read somewhere on here that when people are stressed or something they turn the opposite of their sign. So I'd turn into an Aries sun cuz I'm a Libra. And I'd turn into a Gemini Rising cuz I have a Sagittarius rising. My question....do you think that's true??

Moongold

Sarah,

I haven't heard that anywhere.

This might sound corny, but we are always ourselves in my opinion, and most of the time we have choices about how we act.

That sounds a bit precious, I know. For me, as time goes on I develop more insight and can choose how I act. Astrology can show us where the energy lies and then we can develop a strategy to deal with the day's events.

For instance, with my transits the way they are today, I'm going to take a low profile and not do anything too contentious! It will be a stressful day, I know.

To answer your question, I haven't heard that at all. Aries Suns are fairly confident people. You can develop those qualities if you want to, but I think you're fairly confident anyway.

You're great just as you are, Sarah, and there's a huge amount of talent there, in you, that will just keep growing.

Keep laughing too. :)

punkangelgcm437

Hmm. I'll find it on here later...I know I read it on here somewhere.

Yeah Aries is kinda the sign of action&confidence...I got enough of that in my moon LOL.

Thanks for your opinon tho...it's appreciated.

And as for the laughing...I always. Life's too short to not laugh...especially at yourself.

Hello Everyone. My name is Sarah and I'm a klutz. I admit I have a tripping problem. (Anyone recognize the AA form there..LOL.)

I'm an angel I swear...the horns are just there to keep the halo up straight! :-D

Ok...now that I've let out my lame jokes...I'll start to end this post.

**How would yall feel about a thread listing the days major transits?? Like...a list and what could potentialy happen. And if I were to do that...would it go under astrology or study groups?? What do yall think??**

~Much Love~
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

Sarah, I've also been thinking about doing a transit/progression application group after the signs have finished.

The reasoning behind the 'acting your opposite' might have something to do w/an opposing sign having qualities that are not as well developed and therefore would come out under times of stress. A 'shadow' if you will. For example, a Capricorn getting overwhelmed by Cancerian emotions? A giving Libra suddenly becoming self centered like an Aries? This is just a guess.

punkangelgcm437

Isthmus...Looks like great minds think alike! :)

Hmm...looks like you have an idea there.

~Sarah~

Elle

Why Did the Month of August (Leo) Make me Miserable?

I have an astrology chart that was done for me a while ago and I can't remember where I put it.
I am a Virgo sun sign, but I have had a miserable August (down in the dumps) and I think it had something to do with living in the limelight of Leo. I think Virgos shun this sort of thing.

Just my Virgo take...

Elle

Moongold

Isthmus and Punkangel - cooee!

isthmus nekoi said:
The reasoning behind the 'acting your opposite' might have something to do w/an opposing sign having qualities that are not as well developed and therefore would come out under times of stress. A 'shadow' if you will. For example, a Capricorn getting overwhelmed by Cancerian emotions? A giving Libra suddenly becoming self centered like an Aries? This is just a guess.

I think I am beginning to understand some of what you are suggesting Isthmus. Rael and Rhudyar speak about this in Astrological Aspects: a process oriented approach. They say that the polarities represented by strong oppositions operate in the life pattern unconsciously and compulsively perhaps through the genetic costitutions or personalities of the parents or in situations over which the person has little or no control.

They say the person must first become conscious of the manifestation of the conflict, and then to allow the dissatisfaction resulting from the conflict to generate some psychological or spiritual change. What comes next is very interesting.

They say the person then must agree to become the field in which the conflict resolves itself rather than insisting on an external or technical solution. Objectivity and acceptance eventually y become detachment, which breaks the spell of the unconscious compulsion binding the operation of the opposing planetary functions

Wow, I've just realised how deep this is, and it is talking about planetary oppositions rather than sign oppositions.

One thing that did interest me about your comment re Capricornians being overcome by Cancerian emotions is that it seems to imply that Capricornians may not have emotions to the same extent, or at all :laugh:. I know that is too simplistic a response to your comment but I still struggle a little with the analogy. Help me?

It might be interesting to look at this idea is from the point of view of North and South Nodes which are located in opposite signs.

I don't know whether this discussion will answer your question, Sarah, but you have opened up a really interesting discussion. I must confess, I am flying by the seat of my pants, and learning on the hop (what a terrible mixed metaphors ...duh). And I could be quite wrong with all this. Perhaps I'll open up another post about Nodes.

I take your advice on this Isthmus. The nodal stuff is quite complicated. There is a great book on it Sarah. It's called Astrology for the Soul by Jan Spiller. Your North Node is in Aries and your South Node is in Libra. Spiller says tha attributes that people with North Node in Aries might consider developing are

* Independence
* Self-awarenessTrusting one's impulses
* Courage
* Constructive self-interest
* Moderation in giving
* Self nurturance

Tendencies to leave behind may be:

* Seeing oneself through other's eyes
* Debilitating selflessness* Being Mr. or Ms Nice
* Obsessive attchment to fairness and justice
* Co-dependence: attcahment to external harmony
* Tit-foe - tat mentality.

Sorry this an awfully long thread. So much to learn, so little time (me that is, not either of you :)

punkangelgcm437

I cant reply much becuz I have school...but I will when I get home.

But Moongold dear...we are all learning. I dont think I know anything more than you do about astrology...I prolly just have a different view. :-\

Love Yall!!!
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

Re: Isthmus and Punkangel - cooee!

Elle, yes, I'd say Leo and Virgo aren't exactly on the same page. Signs right next to each other tend to have little in common whereas opposing signs will at least share their modality.

Moongold said:
Wow, I've just realised how deep this is, and it is talking about planetary oppositions rather than sign oppositions.
I would think this 'acting opposite' makes more sense if you have an actual opposition since there it is activated.
I'm not sure how much I'd apply this theory. True, stress brings out the shadow side, but some ppl crack under pressure and others don't... and you can never really tell til you're there.

One thing that did interest me about your comment re Capricornians being overcome by Cancerian emotions is that it seems to imply that Capricornians may not have emotions to the same extent, or at all :laugh:. I know that is too simplistic a response to your comment but I still struggle a little with the analogy. Help me?

Oh, didn't mean to imply that; it's more like a Cap who is usually reserved suddenly breaking down and feeling overwhelmed by sentimentality or something like that. Not being able to maintain that stiff upper lip.

I take your advice on this Isthmus.
Advice?.... Sorry, what advice are you refering to?.......

And naturally, as Sarah says, we are all learning :) I know next to nothing about nodes!

Moongold

Re: Re: Isthmus and Punkangel - cooee!

Advice?.... Sorry, what advice are you refering to?.......

Just a rhetorical statement usually meaning, I would seek your opinion on this.

The comment simply reflects a question as to whether it would be helpful to discuss Nodes at this point.

It seemed to me that the concept of the Nodes fitted the question posed by Sarah about signs in opposition to to each other on the chart, which you had picked up partially in your reference to shadows

The idea of shadow in astrology is interesting, but I'll leave it there. :) Sounds like a whole new thread.