Solar New Moon combined with progressive New Moon

214red

i tried pinpointing when events would happen but to be honest i think its a bit too advanced for me, i think you do need a certain amount of knowledge to even attempt it, instead i am looking at themes, and see if they occur in all charts , and major triggers.

Perhaps the first thing to do it looks at all the up and coming new and full moons for the duration of the SR, especially the eclipses and see if they trigger anything. Also look at them against your natal and progressions.
cancer is on your DC of your SR to moon cycles are likely to be important in your personal relationships.

Mars is zig zagging over your venus as you say , venus rules your 4th and 9th house, mars rules your 3rd house. i would check online and find out when mars first was conjunct venus as its been in virgo since nov 2011 and stays until june, so its likely already passed over your venus direct and is now retrograde. so you can go back and see what happened at that time to see whats going to happen. i found out the dates if my return and i looked at my journals to see what happened.

Ronia

Ah! OK, I'll do the moon cycles now, thanks!

214red

I have plotted all planetary movement for march on all three charts, now i feel equipped!!

dadsnook2000

A closed loop of conversation

You two have had quite a discussion about Moons conjoining Suns in charts without really getting down to satisfying conclusions. Perhaps I can offer a few comments that may help your discussions.

There are several types of "return" charts or situations:

** A Solar Return wherein the transiting Sun returns to the natal Sun position. Actually, there are three types of solar return charts: A) the Tropical Solar Return which is probably the type of chart you two are discussing. B) the Sidereal Solar Return which differs in two distinct ways from the Tropical Solar Return --- the sign and degree positions are displaced by some 25 or so degrees, and the "time" of the chart is quite different (6 hours at age 18, 12 hours at age 36, 18 hours at age 54, a whole day around age 72 due to the precession factor which moves the time of the Tropical S/R to an earlier time). C) a precession corrected Tropical Solar Return which displays the same signs and degrees you are used to but times the chart so that the time is like the sidereal solar return chart.

In these types of charts the Moon will be at differing positions due to the "time" variations, and the planets as a group will be oriented in differing houses, again because the time of the chart will alter the MC and Ascendant. Solar Returns (as a single chart) portray our will, intent, attitude, overall circumstances (theme) for the year, health, vitality and ability to integrate the planets that it aspects. All of the planets need to be read in relation to what the Solar Return means.

** A Lunar Return wherein the Moon returns each 28 or so days to its natal position. Again, we can cast either a Tropical, Sidereal or precession-corrected Tropical chart which determines the time and angles of the chart. The Lunar Return points to the emotional and habit-formed responses we are likely to exhibit relative to our (natal) basic needs, fears, response and socializing triggers, habits, learned practices and old beliefs.

** A Solunar Return in which the Moon returns to the position of the Moon in the current Solar Return chart. In this type of return chart we have to nuance the Moon's interpretive meanings in terms of the role that the Moon plays in the Solar Return chart. As an example, if the Moon conjoins the Sun in the 5th house of the Solar Return, each Month when the Moon returns to that conjoining position it will point to a new set of planetary patterns which will show how we have tried (and are trying) to balance our sense of self, will power, direction, intent and actions with the Moon's capability to change its reactions to the world around us.

** The Progressed (day-for-a-year) Moon in a Solar Return chart will move about 12 or 13 degrees over the course of a year and in that time may make some aspects. Many Tropical astrologers use this approach. I'm not personally too crazy about it, having found better ways to do prediction.

** There is a "new" form of Return chart which I have come across and am exploring now on a new blog site http://www.astroreturn.wordpress.com/ which is a Moon-to-Sun Return chart. Actually, this monthly return has two sections, the other being the Moon-opposite-Sun Return chart. Together, these two Return charts show how one will balance or might try to balance their current life style, plans, actions, attitude with what life seems to bring to them. The house position(s) of the transiting Moon-conjoined-natal-Sun or of the transiting Moon-opposite-natal Sun play a key role in pointing to the areas of life endeavors that will be the theme of the chart, while the transiting Part of Fortune will show how one actually seeks to act and express the chart's theme. These charts can be advanced in day-increments to predict the happenings in one's life through out the following weeks.

Comment: while the Lunar Return charts are easy to advance day-by-day to see what may happen, the Solar Return charts are not so easy to advance on a day-by-day process for most early-studies astrologers. The day-by-day chart angle calculations are mad complex by the mathematical nature of the series of Solar Returns --- the Sun advances a degree (almost) a day while the MC advances by a degree and a quarter (more or less, literally) per day. This results in a 12 month cycle for the Sun and a 9 month 2 week cycle for the MC --- a double, intertwined cycle. My soon to be released book and my blog site http://www.ninthhouse.wordpress.com/ explains this complicated cycle and its calculation.

So, as you ponder the meanings of the Moon and Sun in your charts, keep in mind the two-fold process: The type of chart defines the type of theme for the chart, and the actual Moon and Sun relationship (plus any planets involved) defines how you will act out or express the theme's detail. Dave

214red

Hi Dave, thank you for chiming in! I have been reading about the different styles of returns ! The whole thing was very confusing so I have been asking spirit to give me some pointers on where to start. I found that I don't really need the lunar returns, so I am now working with two charts to look for patterns and trends.
I do like your return chart and look forward to the book as your example on your blog was really goods.
I have decided in needed to be a bit systematic in how I work through these to see what works for me. I have a moon journal I already use which is working for me.
I have noted all moons until August in a list specifying where they fall in the charts and what major angles the make. For this I have stuck to conjunctions, sex tiles, oppositions, squares and trines.
I have looked at major themes in my solar return , trying to find the match in my natal chart, alsos because I am a summer baby I look for continuations of things that start in this sr and how the pan out in my next sr.

My progressed new moon is on jan 2013 so I can already see what is building up to it.

I have investigated my Jupiter and mars returns as they have a big effect on me, I also have 3 mars returns this year.

All in all I am starting to see a picture emerge of that's happening and where, mostly the moons have helped me work on timing which has been really interesting, i have started to kpredict what is going to happen.

I have plotted all the planetary movements for march on all charts and I will be noting down what happens, and matching it to what happens.

So I may not have come to any conclusions but rather now I know where I am going to look for information, also have a rough timetable for when things will physically manifest.

I decided I don't need to know the small day to day things but more the themese and when these might be triggered. It does feel like your sr is a progression, that's is very interesting, I have traced back a few events.my chart is too complicated for me really be able to look at it for day to day things.

So I have a plan of attack am hoping this works! I started to learn about vertex and anti-vertexs too and it's interesting.i have also learnt the slightly different way predictive aspects can be read in sr which is fascinating.
The one part of my chart that looks horrible is it looks like a death of my father or grandfather ith Pluto hugging the ic, and it being linked to Jupiter which I see partly as money's from inheritance, or a partners money, also the 8th house theme continues on my next SR.

I am finding that the patterns are my sign post, as an analyst it helps me work through it by looking at things that confirm each other, double whammys as they say....then putting it down into something that's makes sense

214red

I had an omg moment, I realised that the reason I am being so impacted by Jupiter and mars, I looked at my progressed and I noticed that I have a stellium in virgo (including my sun which has just changed signs) also Venus is sitting on my 6th house cusp which Virgo rules.
I also checked and Jupiter, sun, asc, are all at critical degree 0. So now I understand why the energy is focused where it is.

214red

fab new moon, lots of OMG moments!

I have also managed to find the key to my progressions and SRs and how they all tie in with the transits, and made a heirachy of which ones are the most important.

have started re-reading stephen arroyo's books on spiritual astrology, and started on the Dane R something books on lunations, and have started to understand the cycles and how they are relate, am amazed at how it all ties in. i love the older approach of looking at cycles asn progressions, it makes them more human, also i find that the way they talk about processes rather then events works for me.

if your intune with your cycles you wont be surprised by whats happening, you will start feeling the transits as they process.

I have also recently heard about profractions that also work, and the whole idea of 'lord' of your chart works well for my SR, also found hte link between how the SRs work as a continious story and managed to link these together for myself and for friends to test it out.

i did also find out i am not so fond of the modern approach, i find there is more depth in the older books about astrology, also the concepts bring things alive for me.

i now can zero in on the important aspects in a natal chart, and also look at all the returns etc and know what transits will be important to them coming up (or rather some of the important transits)

next on my list is harmonics, but after i have finished with cycles