Sacred Days of Midsummer 2017

csmith0406

I'm enjoying pulling the cards, thanks for putting this together. I have to catch up posting because I've been a bit under the weather - but I have a quiet day tomorrow so should be able to type up my reading and get it posted.

Scarlet Woodland

Phew, all caught up on my posting. It's still too hot to think but will try and appreciate it tomorrow, as the hottest day of the year may actually fall on midsummer (good chance of being hottest June day for 40 years!).

Laid out my spread so far for the first time tonight and it's absurdly pretty. The Chrysalis is so perfect for midsummer.

Mi-Shell

On Sunday I juuuust got missed by a tornado/ micro-burst and am now facing the aftermath of that. It sure comes out in my cards and what i recognize in them.

RavenOfSummer

On Sunday I juuuust got missed by a tornado/ micro-burst and am now facing the aftermath of that. It sure comes out in my cards and what i recognize in them.

Oh my goodness that sounds frightening! I hope you're doing ok in the aftermath of that...sending peaceful vibes your way.

RavenOfSummer

This exercise is just swelling my heart with the feeling of being blessed. I sure want to thank you, Raven of Summer, for hosting this. And I want to thank everyone who is participating. Sharing the journey and reading the posts has so enhanced the experience for me.

It is truly my pleasure :) I am so grateful for everyone sharing this journey :love:

RavenOfSummer

I've been enjoying reading everyone's updates on their draws.
Mine is definitely digging deep and it was so needed! It's not all butterflies and rainbows but rather I'm finding it a truly enlightening experience!

I love the plan of a wrap up and/or final pics of our spreads. Mine is under plexiglass and I've added some herbs as I'm harvesting them as well. It's a work in progress. :D
I hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am. :)

My experience has been similar. I tend to be less introspective during the months of warmer weather, so a summery spread had me thinking of sunshine, smiles, and warm fuzzies. Silly me! The cards are succinctly honest, as always, telling me exactly what I need to know. I've enjoyed working my way through the spread so far. :)

I feel very similar as well. I was definitely expecting this reading to be lighter than it has been, but it seems to be giving me just what I need. And I'm find it's in line with the poem I shared..."shed layers...Now is the time to blossom." I'm learning that to allow myself to truly experience the energy and power of this season requires some work.

I've also shifted my reading ritual from the time of day I originally intended. I thought I would be drawing in the mornings. But I've found now that I'm drawn to working with the reading before sunset. I've always found those liminal times of day, sunrise and sunset, to be have so much potency and potential for magic and illumination. So that's when I'm now doing my draws since that time of day seemed to really call me :)

I'm also really glad I went with my chosen deck, Prisma Visions. This deck just has a unique take on some cards that really resonates with me. Yesterday I pulled the 7 of Wands, which shows someone navigating over water by jumping from top of wand to top of wand. It is challenging, but they know what they need to get through it.

Luxa

That's me all caught up again too, phew! I had to keep it short though, I'm busier than I thought I'd be, tomorrow as well, so i might miss another day.

Scarlet I agree, Chrysalis is perfect for this! Its such a beautiful deck and so deep, just what this spread deserves.

RavenOfSummer

A very happy and blessed Solstice to all! :love: :love: :love:

Prism

Yes, Happy Solstice everyone!

I've never done a group reading before, and I have been enjoying reading all the posts.

This reading is really great for me right now -- difficult in some ways but so enlightening, as appropriate for the season.

lantana

Happy Solstice! I love that we're at the bottom of the spread now. Perfect placement!