Sex and The City... what are their signs?

january

I really don't watch much TV but one show I never miss is "Sex and the City" on HBO. For those of you who are not familiar with the program, it's a half-hour show, based in New York and focuses on four thirty-something women and their loves, losses and adventures in being single in the Big Apple. The show is pretty much a comedy yet manages to make some poignant points.

Well, I'm no expert, but here's my astrological takes on the four characters...

Samantha Jones - the sexy public relations executive who just can't get enough of men! My guess is that she's a Leo, always eager to be front-and-center and not at all shy about her sexuality. But watch out if steal her cab! This lioness will let no one get in the way of her goal, be it a man, cab or business deal.

Carrie Bradshaw - a sex column writer who over-intellectualizes every relationship. She needs the security of having a partner yet just can't bring herself to make a TOTAL committment. And Carrie is also totally obsessed with fashion! Being a writer and having dualistic concepts of realtionships, I'd say she's a Gemini.

Charlotte York - she just wants to live happily ever-after with Prince Charming! Very feminine yet conservative, she's looking for the man who completes the picture. But he has to make the big money and provide her with the "Vanity Fair" home and children. Her search for a secure home and family says Cancer to me.

Miranda Hobbs - Virgo! She's an attorney and treasures her independence yet is accused from time to time of being too critical although when she's "criticizing" she actually feels she's being so for her friends' own good. I think out of the four of them, Miranda had her head on the straightest.

I just thought this was a fun little Astrology/Archetype game for those who know the show. Or, what Court Crad would each one be?

~ january

AquarianGoddess

Hi January,

I've never seen Sex and the City so I can't comment on the people, but it sounds like you did a great job.

When I'm watching a movie, I'll immediately think oh he's a sexy Scorpio, or she's a loud mouth Aries! Someday when I find it, I'll post a humor piece that I wrote a few years ago on..Soap Operas Around the Zodiac. A take on the real soaps with a zodiac twist.

AG

Kissa

Hi january,

great job you did here indeed !

I have to disagree on one point though : I would have given Charlotte an earth sign for that need she has to make things just like they are supposed to be, like people expect them to be and material security means so much to her. I think if Charlotte was a Cancer, she would somehow be hypersensitive and I guess, more into her own family, the one she comes from (Cancers are said to have strong relationships to their mothers). Charlotte looks to me like a Taurus maybe or a Capricorn but she doesn't look fragile enough to be a Cancer (although I'd put her many water signs influences in her birth chart).

For the rest, I totally agree with you. I think you put your finger straight on Carrie's sign as I was bothered to give her one when I read the beginning of your message. She is most definitely a Gemini.

Now what do you think the actresses' star signs are as, from what I have read, your sign can be also "spotted" in your body/body language/manners etc. ? I guess we could find that on the Sex and the City webpage ... I would be funny if they had the same signs you just gave their characters above ;)

Kissa

Kissa

got them !

I am not the kind of people who get easily obsessed :D but I found the signs of the actresses of Sex and the City. Now if the moderator wants to delate this message as it has very few to do with the original post .... ;)

Anyway :
"Carrie" Sarah Jessica Parker 25.3.65 -
"Samantha" Kim Catrall 21.8.56 - Leo
"Charlotte" Kristin Davis 24.2.65 - Pisces
"Miranda" forgot her name 9.4.66 -

I am sorry, I don't remember the english name for the sign that comes before Taurus.

Anyway, I had fun searching for totally useless info on the web ;)

Kissa

january

AG - I'd love to read that humor piece.. please post it! I too find myself wondering what sign a character is whether in a movie or book. It has actually helped me to define types while studying Tarot and Astrology, believe it or not!

Kissa - Yeah, Charlotte stumped me too. My first thought was actually Capricorn - conservative, fine clothes and very faithful - yet too idealistic - in realtionships. Now that I think of it, she's really not a nurturing Cancerian mother-type but more of someone who needs the child and husband to complete the picture for security's sake. Definitely an Earthie! And in real life, it looks like Samantha/Kim is really true to her character, being that Leo! The others, unlike their roles, are Pisces and Aries. I suppose that's what being an actor is all about. Thanks for doing the search!

~ january

jade

kissa,

your post has lots to do with the original post!

i would never delete you unless you were being hurtful to another member, just so you know! :) (((hugs)))

love
the moderator chick

Kissa

Delirious idea

Now what sign is Ed (Tom Cavanagh) ? What signs are Dharma and Greg ??? What about MacGyver ??? And the Simpsons ???? ;)

This could be a very interesting endless thread !!! :D

I always try to spot on some hints when a tv-hero is having a birthday party : how long ago did they have their X-mas dinner and when was the 4th of july etc. but i still cannot get reliable results. I think we should write to the production companies to make them give astrological signs to their heroes. I mean, they do research and hire doctors for emergency series, why can't they get a good astrologist who would give credible astro-informations to the viewers ? We would then understand why the hero always does this or that and is afraid of this or that. Don't you think ??? Am I being delirious ??? I must admit at this point that I have a nice cold and my temperature is 39* but still, I seem pretty sharp to myself !!!

Kissa (going back to bed with tea and honey)

amyel

I'm a Cappy, so....

january said:

Kissa - Yeah, Charlotte stumped me too. My first thought was actually Capricorn - conservative, fine clothes and very faithful - yet too idealistic - in realtionships. Now that I think of it, she's really not a nurturing Cancerian mother-type but more of someone who needs the child and husband to complete the picture for security's sake. Definitely an Earthie!
~ january

Of course Charlotte should be a Cappy! All the love of fine things and art and wanting to better herself socially!

Not that I'm biased or anything...LOL

Charlotte character is the one I can most relate to, followed by Miranda.