Death Times

kerri28

Im just totally blown away by learning that there is such a thing as a Death Chart???!!!! Can you seriously pinpoint the date and time of your death?

dadsnook2000

For kerri28 and the death chart

In your phrase, ". . .the death chart" there is no THE. Astrology is the study of patterns and of cycles. I would offer these observations:

** Your natal chart has important links to cyclic phenomena that occurred before your birth and which will play a role in your life.

** Your natal chart is a static frozen picture of cycles-in-progress. As such it represents both a pattern that is important to you and linked to you -- as well as it implies movement within "time" to the seasoned astrologer.

** There are a multitude of methods that permit the astrologer to look forwards and backwards in time, all relative to your birthchart, which can illustrate growth, development, change, and events. Some are more specific and useful than others for certain tasks.

** There is no singular Death chart. There is no singular Death pattern or signature that always shows up in a chart for one's death. Perhaps this is because there is no singular form of preparing for, or experiencing, death.

In a forthcoming book I have examples of charts that portrayed the death of individuals. While there are several/many patterns that correlate with death, these same patterns can be found in a great many more non-death charts. The type of chart, the context of the person's environment, all seem to be involved. Like a lot of "astrology" it is often true that a collaboration of death indicators seem to come together. In almost all cases there seems to be no single precipitating element. Dave.

rainwolf

Have you heard that famous people die in three's? I heard that from my mom a long time ago. :|

mollymawk

No, I've just heard the 'bad things come in threes' version.

Dave is right--in Western astrology you're unlikely to find a single indicator of death--there are generally multiples, and in some cases it can be mitigated--like being far away from ground zero (wherever that happens to be on earth for you) at the time of certain transits.

Note: This will NOT make you immortal! But it might help you avoid some serious nasties.

Also, Charles EO Carter wrote that we're not going to suss all of it, and I agree with him, even if we've come some ways since then. Think of a plane crash that kills 400 people. It'd be daunting (and fruitless) I think, to try to find 'death aspects' in all those charts. Add in natural disasters, or things like Dresden or Nagasaki...well, you get the idea.