Planets & Cards; reading for Batchicken

dadsnook2000

Batchicken
Sun @ 6 Cancer in the 8th, Moon @ 8 Sag in the 1st.
I have been feeling anxious lately, and am hoping to shed light on things I might think about to help me move through those feelings.

ASTRO READING:
Sun in Cancer, in the 8th suggests that you tend to often be deeply concerned about the feelings and reasons about those feelings in other people. What motivates them, what values do they have, what role do they play in your life, what’s the price paid and gained? Emotions play a role in helping you empathize with others but their emotional issues can have equal access into your feelings.

Moon in Sag in the first paints your heart on your sleeve, so to speak, but the Sag influence suggests a “flaunting” of feelings, perhaps to hide an inner vulnerability. The problem of being overly casual on the outside is that others can read you wrong.

The phase relationship between these two places you in the ANALYST phase – you are finding out more about how feelings work and how to refine actions-feelings and thoughts. You can use pre-planned strategies in some cases if you can control your feelings and reactions. You are in a phase of learning to control feelings better that you have in the past.

In this past week, transiting Sun has opposed your natal Sun; you have been looking at things differently, seeking alternate perspectives, understanding different points of view. At the same time Moon has been moving in opposition to your natal Moon, adding depth and comfort to what you have come to learn about yourself. To get in on this game, Mercury has also been opposing natal Sun, adding to the thinking and evaluative process. All of this present self-evaluation has followed the prior several weeks of emotional turmoil (Mars opposing natal Moon) and is probably strongly needed to get you re-balanced.

This is the right time for things to become better, for you to be happier and more comfortable about your feelings and sensitivity. The flip side is to not let expectations get to large, for yourself or for others.

TAROT READING:
Card #1: What has been behind your recent anxiety? King of Pentacles.
Card #2: What is your best tool for understanding and shaping your feelings? King of Wands.
Card #3: How do you need others to cooperate and support you? Emperor.

This initially seems to be the most extraordinary set of cards I’ve ever drawn. The King of Pentacles talks to us about managing physical values. This card can also be about mis-managing people while taking care of the well-being of the family, home and work. We have to look at these areas (perhaps off-list) to better understand which of several paths are best to pursue. This King partially faces the 2nd card, the King of Wands.

The King of Wands, as a tool for dealing with your feelings, points toward being generous with praise, large in imagination and applying lots of enthusiasm to life’s tasks. This King sits in dignity and openness and is directly observing the King of Pentacles.

The Emperor is another strong figure, one of great intellect who understands the basics of managing wide spread endeavors Being a major arcane card, this probably represents you or some portion of you, especially in the area of particular skills and your ability to exercise those skills with ease and effectiveness. The Emperor looks ahead, uncaring about the two Kings.

So, how can we put this tarot-story together? It could be that your partner (husband, work collaborator or some professional) is having problems relative to income or control of resources. This person hasn’t fully faced the issues that you suspect as needing immediate attention. This will required you to treat this anxious situation from a stance of dignity, of being open to all aspects of feelings, constraints, resources and confidence. Knowing the facts will help you deal more forthrightly with the emotional issues and disappointments you uncover. You will need to use all that you have learned recently to take charge, set the rules and move forward on a path that suits your life’s vision for yourself.

SUMMARY:
The Astro-pairing of Sun and Moon points towards you being a very supportive, empathizing, person who really seeks to understand others – but you often can pay a price for taking on to much of other’s emotional baggage. You adopt a persona that hides some of those deep feelings, Does this, in any way, contribute to the anxiety that you have experienced? All of the personal planet transit, recently and right now, point to a reflective stance and efforts to self-evaluate your situation. The Tarot spread really threw me at first, and my interpretation could be off. Yet, these strong card figures point to fundamental issues being faced at this time. My sense is that you need to provide guidance to another important person in your life at this time. Guidance may be too weak a word; perhaps planning and direction is a better choice of words. I know that you are being challenged right now, and I feel this reading has also challenged me. I do hope it helps you. If further dialog is needed, feel free to go off-forum and e-mail or PM me. Dave.

dadsnook2000

How it's done.

I thought that this astro-tarot reading would be a good one to review in terms of the structural process used to develop the reading. One of the points of this exercise is to demonstrate and learn about how we can use our tools to extract good, helpful information.

Now, I'm not sure what Batchicken will say in response to this reading. I may be more-or-less correct, or I may have gone off on a tangent. The result is not an issue for this posting, as my intent is to just review the process used here.

When we are born we share a Sun SIGN with about 8% of the population. We share a Moon SIGN with another 8% of the population. But we share a Sun and Moon combination with less than 1% of the population. Now, factor in the House position of each of these bodies and we find that, while not unique on this earth, we are relatively unique in terms of Sun-Moon-Sign-House placement. Now, if astrology is valid, we should be able to read that "uniqueness" in terms of words and phrases that are meaningful to the querent. In other words we tell a person what their general make-up is, how they tend to approach life, what areas they might have issues with that make them uncomfortable.

The second step is to look at any transits to the Sun and Moon. We interpret those transits and then relate them to the basic Sun-Moon make-up of the querent. We have to give them some context in terms of time, last month into this month, last week, now, over the next couple of weeks, etc., as well as indicating how the transit will play out. Conjunction aspects will of course relate to the natal Sun and Moon houses, but the transits that form other aspects (opposition, trine, square, etc.) will redirect those energies into other houses or areas of life-expression.

The third step is cast the querent's question into a statement that can be addressed by a three-card spread. Just as i chose to use Sun-Moon natal and transit factors for the astrological portion of these readings, the 3-card spread is also a basic approach to using Tarot. This small spread is very focused and it is also highly flexible. I would reccommend that everyone read the book Tarot Tells the Tale by James Ricklef.

I have found that the Astro portion of the reading, in Batchickens case, to be highly helpful in interpreting the three cards drawn. The two Kings and Emperor cards really threw me at first -- how do you go about reading a spread of that nature? It's like the astrology stuff -- you break it down into position-meaning of the card, the card's basic meanings (possibilities) and then what that card might mean in that position. You do the same for the other two cards. Then, using Robert Place's flow method, you relate the cards one to the other to see who plays what role relative to which card. In this case the 2nd card (King/Wands) looking directly at the 1st card (King/ Pentacles) with the first King not looking directly at the second King said to me that Batchicken was assessing someones conduct and that they were perhaps avoiding that assessment. The Emperor was looking straight ahead, and as a Major Arcana card (representing fate and must-experience situations) I felt that Batchicken would arrive at a point where decisions would be made, actions taken, and no interference tolerated.

The final step was to reassess both the two portions of the reading together and to summarize their impressions.

THE POINT OF THIS POST is to encourage the list members to either do this on their own or to feel more comfortable in adding their thoughts to my readings. This is a sharing, learning experience for each/all of us. Dave

Bat Chicken

Thank you for this reading, Dave!

dadsnook2000 said:
Batchicken
I have been feeling anxious lately, and am hoping to shed light on things I might think about to help me move through those feelings.

ASTRO READING:
dadsnook2000 said:
Sun in Cancer, in the 8th suggests that you tend to often be deeply concerned about the feelings and reasons about those feelings in other people. What motivates them, what values do they have, what role do they play in your life, what’s the price paid and gained? Emotions play a role in helping you empathize with others but their emotional issues can have equal access into your feelings.

***This is me on a very deep level and to a large degree a cause of anxiety. As I am also an INTP personality, seeking that 'reason' can create a lot of inner conflict and a tendency to personalize things that have nothing to do with me - and yet I am driven to understand others and what is important to them. Coming to terms with that is a constant challenge - and boy do I have to withdraw sometimes to avoid that empathic crossover you suggest here when I am 'feeling' too much myself... I need my head to 'catch up'! :)

dadsnook2000 said:
Moon in Sag in the first paints your heart on your sleeve, so to speak, but the Sag influence suggests a “flaunting” of feelings, perhaps to hide an inner vulnerability. The problem of being overly casual on the outside is that others can read you wrong.

*** I do get read wrong quite often! I am not always pleased that my emotions are on my sleeve! :laugh: So off I go to hide them and 'create' another face. Counterproductive ....:) It can exacerbate my confusion when I 'read' others' responses. Duh...:confused: I was told I was smart once...;)

dadsnook2000 said:
The phase relationship between these two places you in the ANALYST phase – you are finding out more about how feelings work and how to refine actions-feelings and thoughts. You can use pre-planned strategies in some cases if you can control your feelings and reactions. You are in a phase of learning to control feelings better that you have in the past.

*** This is true - I am trying to better control them - I think this phase is an excellent to describe me. The following cards are of special interest to me in relation to this. More in the Tarot part below...

dadsnook2000 said:
In this past week, transiting Sun has opposed your natal Sun; you have been looking at things differently, seeking alternate perspectives, understanding different points of view. At the same time Moon has been moving in opposition to your natal Moon, adding depth and comfort to what you have come to learn about yourself. To get in on this game, Mercury has also been opposing natal Sun, adding to the thinking and evaluative process. All of this present self-evaluation has followed the prior several weeks of emotional turmoil (Mars opposing natal Moon) and is probably strongly needed to get you re-balanced.

*** Emotional turmoil - understatement! Yes - I am seeking balance right now and it does seem to be coming more easily in the last several days than it did for the last several weeks! The upside is that what you have said is spot on. A huge emotional turmoil resulted in some of the best lightning fast personal insight I have had in ages, maybe ever? The result is better separation of what's mine and what's belonging to another. I can feel more empathy and less responsibility. I realize that's a strong thing to say, but as you suggest, there was a great comfort when the seas settled and the evaluation was made. Now I have to 're-program' the reactions and not let my emotions run so high. Clear thinking means not ignoring emotions, but having more control. Now the Kings come into play.....

dadsnook2000 said:
This is the right time for things to become better, for you to be happier and more comfortable about your feelings and sensitivity. The flip side is to not let expectations get to large, for yourself or for others.

**That IS the key - keeping my expectations in line. I expect A LOT from myself and that occasionally washes over onto others if they are involved with me in a project. I am demanding and inclined to burning myself out. If I allow myself to be a little more human and not feel the need to overcompensate for my sensitivities and emotional nature, I'll be fine! ;)

dadsnook2000 said:
TAROT READING:
Card #2: What is your best tool for understanding and shaping your feelings? King of Wands.

***Before I offer direct feedback on the reading - I think it is important to note that my Soul card is the EMPEROR. I think that might offer another way of looking at this spread? Here is where things could get more interesting, yes??

dadsnook2000 said:
This initially seems to be the most extraordinary set of cards I’ve ever drawn. The King of Pentacles talks to us about managing physical values. This card can also be about mis-managing people while taking care of the well-being of the family, home and work. We have to look at these areas (perhaps off-list) to better understand which of several paths are best to pursue. This King partially faces the 2nd card, the King of Wands.

***I am not quite sure I understand what that implies...(Let's examine that?) On the whole, I tend to live in my head at the expense of my body - my health has suffered for it. However, my husband - he IS a King Of Pentacles - to a "T".

dadsnook2000 said:
The King of Wands, as a tool for dealing with your feelings, points toward being generous with praise, large in imagination and applying lots of enthusiasm to life’s tasks. This King sits in dignity and openness and is directly observing the King of Pentacles.

*** When I am feeling myself, this describes me and what I aspire to. This also reminds me of my Mentor. I am a painter and I am studying with a Contemporary Realist to improve my work. He very much embodies this.... I think he would get along well with my husband!

dadsnook2000 said:
The Emperor is another strong figure, one of great intellect who understands the basics of managing wide spread endeavors Being a major arcane card, this probably represents you or some portion of you, especially in the area of particular skills and your ability to exercise those skills with ease and effectiveness. The Emperor looks ahead, uncaring about the two Kings.

***This is my Personality/Soul card as I mentioned....My intellect and ability to organize lives here - although he can be stifling. I think I have need to return to his qualities. I have to be careful that I don't get too rigid while working here...

dadsnook2000 said:
So, how can we put this tarot-story together? It could be that your partner (husband, work collaborator or some professional) is having problems relative to income or control of resources.

***Quite the opposite, actually. If anything, I am the financial disaster! :laugh:

dadsnook2000 said:
This person hasn’t fully faced the issues that you suspect as needing immediate attention. This will required you to treat this anxious situation from a stance of dignity, of being open to all aspects of feelings, constraints, resources and confidence. Knowing the facts will help you deal more forthrightly with the emotional issues and disappointments you uncover. You will need to use all that you have learned recently to take charge, set the rules and move forward on a path that suits your life’s vision for yourself.

***If there is something here, it is not financial. Can't imagine what?

dadsnook2000 said:
SUMMARY:
The Astro-pairing of Sun and Moon points towards you being a very supportive, empathizing, person who really seeks to understand others – but you often can pay a price for taking on to much of other’s emotional baggage.

***Absolutely.... I have been a hermit since getting ill because of that very thing....

dadsnook2000 said:
You adopt a persona that hides some of those deep feelings, Does this, in any way, contribute to the anxiety that you have experienced?
**YES!!!

dadsnook2000 said:
All of the personal planet transit, recently and right now, point to a reflective stance and efforts to self-evaluate your situation. The Tarot spread really threw me at first, and my interpretation could be off. Yet, these strong card figures point to fundamental issues being faced at this time.

***I am certain this is correct, but I am not sure we have uncovered the situation. I am certainly blind to it - I keep drawing the Moon on my own....

dadsnook2000 said:
My sense is that you need to provide guidance to another important person in your life at this time. Guidance may be too weak a word; perhaps planning and direction is a better choice of words.

***I am wondering how that might apply.....

dadsnook2000 said:
I know that you are being challenged right now, and I feel this reading has also challenged me. I do hope it helps you. If further dialog is needed, feel free to go off-forum and e-mail or PM me. Dave.

***Yes, challenged, but also very close to a solution. I am glad I could offer you a challenge! ;)

I think I will do that based on some of the questions that this reading has brought up. I find in examining my chart in light of what you have said, it would seem I am constantly torn into opposites and I need to find a way to integrate them. This is highlighted by the feminine nature of the astro part and the heavily masculine nature of the Tarot part. I find I am baffled by so many Kings...

I think I have a plan, but, I question if I have the necessary discipline to execute it - it will require overcoming (integrating??) the very over-sensitive nature that this reading alludes to. This experiment has certainly added a lot of depth to the experience and certainly a lot to think about. My question was of a deeply personal nature and the result was certainly powerful.

Thank you so much for this. I look forward to further discussion and to watch the progress of this experiment!:)
BC

dadsnook2000

Those Kings . . .

Those Kings . . . one thing that I should have realized when I saw the Emperor was that a King can represent another aspect of you; a shadow self, a portion of yourself that you don't take time to appreciate or focus on, a part of your life that is being shortchanged, etc. I did sense that there were two others in your life that played important roles. It is quite possible in this very complex situation that the three of you switch roles (cards) in certain circumstances and that you will need to contemplate the cards on two/more levels.

If so, or if you aren't sure, then perhaps this simple exercise can give you both further food-for-thought and an appreciation of role-laying. Lay out three vertical columns on a sheet of paper with a lot of room beside them to make notes. At the top of the columns write King/Pentacles, King/Wands, Emperor.

Down the side make a list of phrases that describe various aspects of your life.
** Too involved in art studies to notice other peoples needs.
** Too involved in art studies to notice other peoples feelings.
** Overreacting to the pressure of studies.
** Overreacting to comments of art instructor.
** Overreacting to complaints by husband of time/effort put into art studies.
** Ignoring day-to-day family/home functions.
** Not managing own role in financial concerns
Etc., etc. -- make or change or add to this list as appropriate.

Every day or few days, make a note in each of the three columns about who (you, husband, teacher) if acting out that card. Following are a few key words for the Kings and Emperor taken from Joan Bunning's book, Learning the Tarot.

King/Pentacles: Enterprising, adept, reliable, supporting, steady, practical, successful, opportunistic, dependable, generous.

King/Wands: Creative, inspiring, forceful, charismatic, bold, originality, inspiring, confidence, result oriented, dramatic, center of attention, risk taking, courageous.

Emperor: Fathering, structured, authoritative, regulation, sternness, authoritarian, structure, order and organization,

We also have to consider the interpersonal roles we play with others and with ourselves. For this, we can reference Kate Warwick-Smith's book, The Tarot Court Cards for the following possibilities of how the King/figures play their roles in a relationship context.

King/Pentacles: As a supporter: a Mentor As a detractor: a Miser. As a Resource: Generosity. As a challenger: Greed.

King/Wands: As a supporter: a spiritual elder. As a detractor: a zealot. As a resource; a spiritual visionary. As a challenger: an illusionist.

We can extrapolate these views for the Emperor: As a supporter: a trainer. As a detractor: a critic. As a resource: strategist. As a challenger: task master.

If you think this exercise might be helpful, it might show you the various and changing roles that your and/or other take in various situations. Its just a tool to help you analyze situations and to find the basis for developing strategies to cope with emotional complexities. Just a thought. Dave

Bat Chicken

Fabulous info... I'll get that into my journal and try it. Thank you!
I hope doing this reading has been of value to you as well!
Thanks again... back to studying...;)
BC

Tara2007

From the tarot slant of the reading...

dadsnook2000 said:
Batchicken

ASTRO READING:

TAROT READING:

So, how can we put this tarot-story together? It could be that your partner (husband, work collaborator or some professional) is having problems relative to income or control of resources. This person hasn’t fully faced the issues that you suspect as needing immediate attention. This will required you to treat this anxious situation from a stance of dignity, of being open to all aspects of feelings, constraints, resources and confidence. Knowing the facts will help you deal more forthrightly with the emotional issues and disappointments you uncover. You will need to use all that you have learned recently to take charge, set the rules and move forward on a path that suits your life’s vision for yourself.

SUMMARY:
The Astro-pairing of Sun and Moon points towards you being a very supportive, empathizing, person who really seeks to understand others – but you often can pay a price for taking on to much of other’s emotional baggage. You adopt a persona that hides some of those deep feelings, Does this, in any way, contribute to the anxiety that you have experienced? All of the personal planet transit, recently and right now, point to a reflective stance and efforts to self-evaluate your situation. The Tarot spread really threw me at first, and my interpretation could be off. Yet, these strong card figures point to fundamental issues being faced at this time. My sense is that you need to provide guidance to another important person in your life at this time. Guidance may be too weak a word; perhaps planning and direction is a better choice of words. I know that you are being challenged right now, and I feel this reading has also challenged me. I do hope it helps you. If further dialog is needed, feel free to go off-forum and e-mail or PM me. Dave.

Let me give this a try. First, my knowlede of astrology is good but not expert, so I do have respectable understanding of how to interpret Sun/Moon influences in a person's chart. My way of reading tarot and including astrology is based on my initial snapshot of what I see. So, bear with me.

Batchicken, you've got water and fire here. Your personality is fluid, you are subject to sudden changes, prone to being a bit too critical of yourself more than others and this is in contrast to the fire in your heart that wants to be impulsive and go-for-it. You have a love of reaching for that carrot that is usually just out of your reach, and there is a spirit of unsettledness in your heart that sometimes throws you off balance as you are so very much a hearth and home person in your pursuits. Again, that's what I'm seeing from my seat.

I take this tarot reading as a "what's going on??" type...you'd love to get that answer that speaks to you and makes sense out of what you are experiencing.

What has been behind your anxiety is The King of Pentacles. Money, career, finances....building a nest?....making some kind of big purchase or committment to a job that is making you wonder how you are going to accomplish all this? Worrying about this king makes me go back to the idea that Cancers are not ones to step forward with confidence, when it comes to money matters or anything else. The Saggittarius in your Moon gives you a lighter touch, makes you a bit bolder perhaps, but there's still that niggling feeling that you need a safety net before you proceed.

The best tool for understanding and shaping your feelings is The King of Wands. Appropriately so, I think. Since you did not draw the Queen, I think that that is important here. The male influence, you know, is supposed to be bolder, more confident, more optimistic. Think of the man with the grocery list. He leaves the house, kisses his wife goody-bye and is on his merry way to the store. When he comes back his wife is amazed at how much her husband bought - and how little of what she asked for is there! That is this king at work on an everyday basis. He doesn't need a list - he "knows" what he should buy, thus he rarely consults it. Does it all turn out all right? Of course. His wife no longer has the ingredients for lasagna but finds all she needs to make beef stew. The moral of the story is go with your gut. You may surprise everyone around you - they have may have to change the "menu" of things a bit....but it can all turn out beautifully just the same.

How do you need others to cooperate and support you? The Emperor speaks from a mighty lofty seat, up there in the Major Arcana. He is the ultimate male authority figure. This card says, and quite firmly I might add, that you want others to stand up with you and for you as necessary. You can be a bit unsure of yourself, not weak mind you! , just get caught up in the "what-ifs?", but with the powerful Emperor surrounding you like a force field (or shell perhaps?) you can shine your brightest. That vote of confidence is something you want to hear - sincerely put and often spoken. In this situation, I think it may be that you are perhaps waiting for that element to be seen. I get an image of someone placing hands on your shoulders, looking you square in the eyes, and telling you that you have everything you need to succeed.

In summary, I would say that you are worried about material matters. You find something rather hard to wrestle with right now, a mountain if you will or so it seems right now. You have a spark of fire in you, a desire to get somewhere, do something that is different from what you are seeing today. The cards are telling you to use that spirit of restlessness to your advantage. And this will all turn out well for you, when you know in your heart that you have the support and committment of the person (people) around you that are so very important to you.

Well...I hope this is helpful to you in at least some way! All the best to you!

huredriel

Hi Dave & BC,

Some thoughts, dunno if any use :)

Batchicken
Sun @ 6 Cancer in the 8th, Moon @ 8 Sag in the 1st

Since you've given degrees, I would also tend to look at the sabian symbol and see how they play in :) (Please note I don't have a lot of astro or sabian symbol knowledge as yet)

Sun at 6 Cancer, 8th house .......... A homebody ...... someone who feels most comfortable with those loved ones surrounding them. Possibly insecurity issues to do with same & future loss. Emotional person, interacts well with children/comes from a large family given Sabian Symbol (in spring game birds are feathering their nests)

Moon at 8 Sag, 1st house ........... shows self to be emotional, heart on sleeve ......... however when prodded could retaliate either by fire or walking away ....... a thought of moods to be like ebb & flow of tides? A traveller, constant searcher .......... someone to likes to go deep into things, curiousity intense (symbol of deep within the depths of the earth, new elements are being formed)

TAROT READING:
Would say here, trying to form a solid base from which to progress in future. However, not been easy, possibly felt hemmed in & restrained. At odds with the ego self of water & emotional self of fire. Earth is dampening down the natural instincts within.

To follow the heart .......... the fiery Moon :) ........ Aries, the I am of the Zodiac ......... fire of fire, personality part of Emperor (IMO) ........ work intuitively, follow the course you *know* is right for you .......... whilst considering the mechanics of what is actually needed. Be more spontaneous, recognise that you are an individual, whole and not needing anyone to validate you.

This one has had me stumped a wee bit to be honest, esp on how to relate it to astro ......... Dave would you be able to use the midpoint of the Sun/Moon for this position? However, with the previous 2 cards as being aspects of self, and this being the soul & personality card ........ this shrieks to me of the Aries *I AM* ........ that whilst you need to recognise self, have confidence in self ........ *self-validation* route ......... here I see a projection of this outwards ........ I hope I don't express this wrongly (or offensively :eek:) but here I would say that you are the one in control ......... in charge of your own kingdom ..... the King of Wands sitting in his rightful place ......... with others bowing down before you ......... i.e. recognising your control, authority & power ......... allowing this to happen, not challenging your role ......... do you normally take the lead in decision-making? The number 4, a square ..... solid foundations, rules & regulations of own making ....... no other numbered cards in the throw ...... so the quint is also 4/Emperor ...... this being the most important position as the only major to boot. Hmmm, something here I can feel but not verbalise ....... have you got something going on that needs acknowledgement/recognition?

Also added note of Sun in Water, Moon in Fire ........ external/internal ......... masculine/feminine ........ father/mother ....... would you say you could see a push/pull between these attributes .......almost an opposite to what would *normally be expected* as water is normally seen to be quiet & feminine ....... fire brash & masculine?

Am feeling a bit out of my league with this actually .... oops :)

Bat Chicken

I want to respond to this as it seems to answer my question exceptionally well. Dave created a road map, pointing me in the right direction - it seems these interpretations, although different have been very powerful and extremely useful. The power of this mix of astrology and Tarot would seem very evident here.... I want to expand on my own thoughts that all of your posts brought up in another post as well.....

Tara2007 said:
Let me give this a try. First, my knowlede of astrology is good but not expert, so I do have respectable understanding of how to interpret Sun/Moon influences in a person's chart. My way of reading tarot and including astrology is based on my initial snapshot of what I see. So, bear with me.

Batchicken, you've got water and fire here. Your personality is fluid, you are subject to sudden changes, prone to being a bit too critical of yourself more than others and this is in contrast to the fire in your heart that wants to be impulsive and go-for-it. You have a love of reaching for that carrot that is usually just out of your reach, and there is a spirit of unsettledness in your heart that sometimes throws you off balance as you are so very much a hearth and home person in your pursuits. Again, that's what I'm seeing from my seat.

***Scary accurate.... the opposition in me is well described here.

Tara2007 said:
I take this tarot reading as a "what's going on??" type...you'd love to get that answer that speaks to you and makes sense out of what you are experiencing.

***Yes...

Tara2007 said:
What has been behind your anxiety is The King of Pentacles. Money, career, finances....building a nest?....making some kind of big purchase or committment to a job that is making you wonder how you are going to accomplish all this? Worrying about this king makes me go back to the idea that Cancers are not ones to step forward with confidence, when it comes to money matters or anything else. The Saggittarius in your Moon gives you a lighter touch, makes you a bit bolder perhaps, but there's still that niggling feeling that you need a safety net before you proceed.

*** We have already made that big purchase in support of my developing career - you are so accurate here I am blown away.... This purchase commits me to moving forward NOW (no more planning) and it scares the **** out of me! :laugh:

Tara2007 said:
The best tool for understanding and shaping your feelings is The King of Wands. Appropriately so, I think. Since you did not draw the Queen, I think that that is important here. The male influence, you know, is supposed to be bolder, more confident, more optimistic. Think of the man with the grocery list. He leaves the house, kisses his wife goody-bye and is on his merry way to the store. When he comes back his wife is amazed at how much her husband bought - and how little of what she asked for is there! That is this king at work on an everyday basis. He doesn't need a list - he "knows" what he should buy, thus he rarely consults it. Does it all turn out all right? Of course. His wife no longer has the ingredients for lasagna but finds all she needs to make beef stew. The moral of the story is go with your gut. You may surprise everyone around you - they have may have to change the "menu" of things a bit....but it can all turn out beautifully just the same.

***This how I need to approach it to eliminate that uncomfortable sense of anxiety, I think. Go with the flow is great advice that I rarely have the courage to follow - and yet wouldn't it be easier to do that???;)

Tara2007 said:
How do you need others to cooperate and support you? The Emperor speaks from a mighty lofty seat, up there in the Major Arcana. He is the ultimate male authority figure. This card says, and quite firmly I might add, that you want others to stand up with you and for you as necessary. You can be a bit unsure of yourself, not weak mind you! , just get caught up in the "what-ifs?", but with the powerful Emperor surrounding you like a force field (or shell perhaps?) you can shine your brightest. That vote of confidence is something you want to hear - sincerely put and often spoken. In this situation, I think it may be that you are perhaps waiting for that element to be seen. I get an image of someone placing hands on your shoulders, looking you square in the eyes, and telling you that you have everything you need to succeed.

***I already have that external support - now I need to do that for myself.

Tara2007 said:
In summary, I would say that you are worried about material matters. You find something rather hard to wrestle with right now, a mountain if you will or so it seems right now. You have a spark of fire in you, a desire to get somewhere, do something that is different from what you are seeing today. The cards are telling you to use that spirit of restlessness to your advantage. And this will all turn out well for you, when you know in your heart that you have the support and committment of the person (people) around you that are so very important to you.

Boldly go....! Big things can come out of this if I don't falter... including the release of this obsession with my health.

Bat Chicken

I want to address Huredriel's thoughts when she is finished, but a couple of things she has brought up have influenced what I have come to see in this. I want to tie together, perhaps mostly for myself, but also possibly for this exercise, some of the things that jump out at me....

The points about the way I handle my feelings as suggested by the Sun & Moon that were made by Dave make a huge amount of sense to me as an explanation of my anxious nature in general. The phase (analyst) seems to support where I get myself into trouble in a broad way. So this is the big picture - to me.

Huredriel's point about the Sabian symbols the birds feathering their nest and the deep earth where new elements are being formed is a great symbolic extension of Dave's emotional picture. Tara ties it all together into a story.

That restless spirit that everyone has picked up on in my Moon seems so difficult to reconcile with my Sun - and it can be unbalancing. So they key is how to balance them. So the problem in it's most general sense has been addressed by the 'Astro' part - and the Tarot offer the solutions. With me flailing about in a rough sea of emotions and unbalanced directives - three wise men are certainly required, aren't they?? ;)

For the first card - the King of Pentacles - my Cancer Sun is here. Tara and Huredriel paint the picture wonderfully. The King has one more level of meaning for me that makes him significant here - health - which is security to me. My health is an obsessive concern and it has not been good for some time. I have spent more than a couple years battling stress related illnesses. As I pull out of what has been a difficult time physically (and at times financially), it seems hard enough to get well, never mind embark on a new phase of life without having to deal with ulcers and chronic fatigue not fully healed. I know it won't improve until I begin according to the next Wise Man.... I can't keep waiting..... (SOURCE)

One thing that I feel the King of Wands has always represented to me is the Arts. His confidence and creativity are fully developed - and for me, this card can represent my goal. That career I am training for and will be moving into a completely new phase is as an artist. I have been working as one for some time as an artist - mainly a graphic artist - and gradually developing a fine art career. Art is a great way to balance emotions. My instincts are with him, the confidence I require and the energy. I have a solo show coming up and I have to resist 'planning' every detail. The paintings will have to be like that 'trip to the grocery store'! My fiery Moon is reflected in this card. His lesson is to believe in oneself...(TOOL)

The fact that the last card is the Emperor - major arcana and my Personality and Soul card makes me think that it is not through 'others' that I need to overcome this. Like Dave pointed out, he has focus and all the skills necessary. From Tara's comments.... it is ME that needs to put my hands on my shoulders and tell myself I have what I need. My personal feelings about this card may have a lot to say about why I keep getting tossed around in the water with much undirected fire. I resist getting to know my Emperor. I can't have an iron hand by any means, but FOCUS. That is what I need to bring to this. He is how to bring the Nature of my Sun & Moon together. None of this would have had the same level of context without the astro aspect. Merging the different forms has indeed painted a powerful picture. (HOW)

I love Tara's conclusion:
I would say that you are worried about material matters. You find something rather hard to wrestle with right now, a mountain if you will or so it seems right now. You have a spark of fire in you, a desire to get somewhere, do something that is different from what you are seeing today. The cards are telling you to use that spirit of restlessness to your advantage. And this will all turn out well for you, when you know in your heart that you have the support and committment of the person (people) around you that are so very important to you.

That support is ME. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Time to actually do something differently!

This reading indicates that there is a way to work WITH my nature (astro) to address an issue in a specific manner (Tarot). There is a lot to be said for the mix of intuitive, symbolic and intellectual approaches to this - all of which have been offered. Thank you all - this has been both a productive exercise for me personally and a wonderful learning experience in astrology and another way of using the cards.....:)

dadsnook2000

Great!

Isn't it great how we can all put our bricks in place and help to build a wall or a monument or whatever. This is our AT community at its best, each bringing their own views and skills to bear -- and each of us learning from the others. Thanks, everyone. Dave