Planet Series: Neptune . . . how do we express it in our charts.

dadsnook2000

It's time to pick on Neptune. Neptune: illusionist, dreamer, deceiver, visionary, dramatist, liar, blissful, impressionable, sympathetic, sensitivity, vagueness, easily influenced. Neptune: the reality of illusion -- (Saturn represents the illusion of reality).

HOW DOES NEPTUNE OPERATE IN YOUR CHART?
I've put together a list of thoughtful and not-so-kind phrases that might describe Neptune's effects in a house within your chart. This is done to prompt discussion and not to necessarily reflect precisely accurate statements. "precisely" and "accurate" are not Neptunian words, so the words I've used will have to do for starters.

FIRST House: A delicate nature and body, socially inclined, overly sensitive, one who dreams or sees things not as they are but as they should be.

SECOND House: Exhibiting good taste, unseen sources of income, distorted ideas of other's values compared to one'w own values and resources.

THIRD House: Strong sensitivity to other's words behind their words, inspired by news or readings, happy within a busy environment, imaginative.

FOURTH House: Deep feeling, spiritual perception, an inner union with those around you.

FIFTH House: Enthusiasm, love of art and drama, a closet healer, one who can over-state an issue.

SIXTH House: Blends dreams with intellectual assessment, follows causes, helps others.

SEVENTH House: In love with love, dreams of an ideal partner while putting up with "less." Hopes for a better tomorrow.

EIGHTH House: Metaphysical leanings, sensitivity to that which is unsaid and unseen, poor investments, encouraging of others.

NINTH House: Seeking greater understanding, studying of philosophy and psychiatry, an active mind, a storyteller.

TENTH House: Expressing a flair for public exposure, having strange goals, being a charismatic leader, searching for a holy grail.

ELEVENTH House: Looking for soulmates, noble aspirations, promoter of causes and follower of frauds.

TWELFTH House: Mysticism, artistic pursuits, self-delusion.

Well, thats the list. How do you compare? How are you different? Does an aspect from another planet modify your Neptune's expression? Dave

huredriel

Hi Dave,

Well I have first house Neptune ........ thought your words sounded familiar ;)

dadsnook2000 said:
FIRST House: A delicate nature and body, socially inclined, overly sensitive, one who dreams or sees things not as they are but as they should be.
Would agree with all of the above to be honest!

Soooo, some brief thoughts re aspects (please let me know if I'm veering down the wrong way!):

Sun square Neptune ......... Sun can magnify Neptune's dreams, and then when they come crashing down, illuminate the hurt even more ........ leading to repetitive cycles because the lessons aren't learnt, always hoping for the best?

Saturn quincux Neptune ......... according to astro.com, a neutral position ...... so Saturn not really bringing in the reality, allows Neptune to carry on with its dreaming ......... a mix too because my Saturn is in Aries, House 6 ........ so, so long as routine is kept too, drama minimised ....... Saturn aint too bothered? Hmmm a thought, this planet is retrograde in my natal chart ...... would that make a difference?

Uranus sextile Neptune ........ I like this one :) ....... harmonious receptiveness of the intuitive facility? Learns a lot through society (Uranus House 11) ....... although of course can lead to wishful thinking about utopia etc!

Neptune sextiles Pluto ....... with scorp asc Pluto my chart ruler ..... Houses 1 & 11 ...... great capacity for change (even though I hate it!) ...... eventually accepting what needs to be accepted ....... especially when it comes to aspects of the inner self?

x Huredriel

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

I have Neptune conjunct the Sun and opposite Saturn and square Jupiter. Sun and Neptune would suggest a dreamer, an idealist. The Neptune-opposite-Saturn works to build bridges between reality and concepts. The square from Jupiter looks for opportunities to apply this reality-concept pattern to. Sun adds focus and intent. The result, strong imagination and an ability to bring diverse elements together to meet a purpose, solve a problem, create something new, etc.

Neptune is like Mercury in that it can be greatly altered by the planets that aspect it. We have to keep in mind that symbols have a sneaky habit of exhibiting a variety of behaviors at many levels, they are not cut-and-dried.
Saturn will typically be a downer when linked to Neptune, while Jupiter will be an upper. Venus will be an upper, Mars and Mercury have a hard time affecting Neptune. Sun will add clarity and/or purpose, Moon will join in with whatever Neptune is up to.

So, we have the manner in which Neptune most often works for/against us, but there will be portions of our lives where Neptune will work in other ways. So, it looks like you have a good handle on your Neptune and all of its friends. So often we find confusion or distraction with this planet. Dave

stardancer

I have Neptune conjunct the Sun in the first house. Buried in the first house, meaning it's below the horizon. I always think 12th house and horizon rising planets more powerful, than 'dark' ascendants. But anyway, the Sun and Neptune are semi square to Mars in Pisces in the 5th/6th cusp. I am definitely a dreamer and creator. I love the arts, writing, movies, theater, seeing things in a different light. Sometimes I choose to believe in the better verson, and sometimes it's very melodramatic to believe in the dark side. Life's a stage. Life is strange. But I'm not a flake. I believe in bringing to reality a dream, or ideal. But I also know a dream can be undo-able. Then it goes to the nice thought, but no cigar category.

Dave: I always thought a Neptune Saturn connection was like a Christ complex. I don't mean that in a negative way. It's someone who sacrifices for the good, feels like the Hanged Man, always waiting for that special moment, knowing it will come sooner or later. Or worried that it won't. It's diligently working towards tangibles. Sensitive and quiet, plodding on towards goals. But there's always a sense of martydom or sacrifice involved with life.

dadsnook2000

Saturn and Neptune

This pair is the Hamlet of the Zodiac -- doom and gloom themselves, generally speaking.

In terms of being Christ-like, I note that Ebertin sees this pair as having the priciple of Suffering, Renunciation, Asceticism. A readiness for sacrifice, taking care of others, self-restraint, cautiousness, foresight.

I'm a bit familiar with these two, having them in opposition with Neptune close to my Sun. For me, this pair works like building bridges between fantasy and practicality. Dave

sweet_intuition

In my case, I have my Neptune in the third, conjunct to my Sun in capricorn. Both of them are sextile to my 5th house mars (aqua), as well as, my first house pluto (scorp..although my rising is libra).

In a way I feel my sun is so close to neptune (barely 2 degrees difference) that for some strange reason, despite having no planet there, I tend to identify myself with piscean traits (in a scarily close way), plus the fact that they are both in the third house of expression (among other things) doesn't help. Perhaps that's why this "ol goat" is a really dreamy fish.

However, is it possible that with such a neptunian placement in my chart, I have a tendency to delude myself a lot? Considering the sextiles to mars and pluto, could this make me a passive person, or some one too lazy to kick up their heels and do something. I've always been puzzled about this

Madwenaya

My favorite pal Neptune

I have Neptune in the 10th conjunt midhaven.

All of Dave's points apply to me although they tend to not happen all at the same time. Lately it has been more of the holy grail variety. And these 10th house gifts? tend to look much better on paper than in real life.

I try to keep the Neptunian influence in my pocket because it just isn't socially acceptable to be such a character. In my life it has been wiser to dream the big dreams but keep them to myself. Bosses and such don't like people like me - there just isn't enough "reality" in me.

I also feel misunderstood. I have nagging problems with people who think that I am trying to hide my "real motivations". As far as I know I have no hidden agendas. But there is always someone who thinks I am trying to do something subversive.

So, on one hand I am keeping my dreams/imaginative goals a secret because they are just too fantastic for most people and on the other hand I've got people telling me that I am hiding something (other than those dreams). It is a catch-22 situation. Either my head is in the clouds (I'm a loser) or I'm a liar. It doesn't matter what I do, it will be wrong for someone. And all of it seems absurd to me. i.e. - why would I have to suffer real consequences for what other people think of me? Especially when those beliefs don't seem to me to be valid.

I also think Stardancer's comments about Saturn/Neptune also apply to me. I don't have have any contact between the two planets but the correlation between Saturn and the 10th house seems appropriate. Martyrdom and sacrifice.

Indigo Rose

stardancer said:
Dave: I always thought a Neptune Saturn connection was like a Christ complex. I don't mean that in a negative way. It's someone who sacrifices for the good, feels like the Hanged Man, always waiting for that special moment, knowing it will come sooner or later. Or worried that it won't. It's diligently working towards tangibles. Sensitive and quiet, plodding on towards goals. But there's always a sense of martydom or sacrifice involved with life.

I relate to this completely. I have a deep connection to Christ...though I wouldn't call it a Christ complex. That's not saying I haven't played the Martyr ..I have...but am learning to grow beyond that.

As a Sun in Pisces, Neptune is a ruling planet….although Mercury is ruler over my Natal and Lunar charts. Birth Data Thread Quote #41

Here are the Pisces elements in my chart:
Sun Pisces 16°40'24 in house 10 direct
Mars Pisces 28°34'44 in house 10 direct
Saturn Pisces 19°28'41 in house 10 direct
Medium Coeli Pisces 1°02'04
Neptune Scorpio 22°07'54 in house 6 retrograde
12th House Taurus 15°13'25
12th House:Jupiter Gemini 21°56'04 in house 12 direct
12th House: True Node Taurus 28°03'56 in house 12 retrograde

Here are my Neptune Aspects:

Sun Trine Neptune 5°28
Moon Sextile Neptune 3°35
Jupiter Quincunx Neptune 0°12
Saturn Trine Neptune 2°39
Uranus Sextile Neptune 4°30
Neptune Sextile Pluto 4°57
Neptune Quincunx Ascendant2°5

dadsnook2000 said:
It's time to pick on Neptune. Neptune: illusionist, dreamer, deceiver, visionary, dramatist, liar, blissful, impressionable, sympathetic, sensitivity, vagueness, easily influenced. Neptune: the reality of illusion -- (Saturn represents the illusion of reality).

SIXTH House: Blends dreams with intellectual assessment, follows causes, helps others.

How do you compare? How are you different? Does an aspect from another planet modify your Neptune's expression? Dave

Yes, I feel the statement on 6th House Neptune fits me well. There is another connection to that 6th house: Moon is Virgo 25°42'35 with a Moon Sextile Neptune. 6th House is Virgo’s house, with Mercury the 6th house ruler….I am a double Mercury person with my Natal and Lunar charts are ruled by Mercury. I am not entirely sure how that works yet, but I know it is important. I do think the dynamics at work between the Pisces/Virgo help create a balance between the illusory Neptune influences and the Mercurial logical thinking. It helps me stay on top of the dream world I might otherwise get lost to with all of the Pisces/Neptune energy in my chart.

This summary here from Café Astrology is a good description of the effects of the Moon Sextile Neptune for me…….You are very much attuned to the feminine side of life, and this is one of your greatest assets. Your refined sense of feeling, your sympathetic understanding of others' unspoken emotions and troubles, your receptiveness and your gentleness are all aspects of this…..

….Your psychic abilities are also highly developed, and could be tapped and further refined to the point of clairvoyance, telepathic communication, and so on. Periodically, throughout your life you are apt to have a deep involvement in mysticism, dreams, and inner exploration.

I have vivid pre-cognitive dreams, am a receiver of information…I can read people very well and pick up on their energy; sometimes even key words connecting to their thoughts….especially those close to me. I have had and continue to have remarkable psychic experiences…which have intensified with maturity and spiritual work. I think perhaps the Neptune also being in Scorpio adds to the intensity. When Cheekyminx posted a poll on Psychic gifts and Astrology I decided to explore the topic. I discovered that according to the statistical results, I have significant Astrological indicators of Psychic gifts. It explained a lot to me in discovering that information.

Here is an excerpt from that thread…..

Indigo Rose said:
I was doing some research and came across this Astro Psychic Study

From what I read the 8th house(Scorpio's house) placements are actually more statistically significant than 12th house placements in looking at psychic abilities in the chart.

In the study these key aspects to Mercury and Moon were found to be statistically significant. Keep in mind it is a very small sample.

Mercury Sextile Mars
Mercury Sextile Jupiter
Mercury Sextile Venus
Moon Sextile Uranus

Another key link: Moon Sextile or Trine Neptune

Looking at it from this angle, I have a Mercury Sextile Venus...with Venus in the 8th House; a Moon Sextile Neptune with Neptune in Scorpio. :bugeyed:

dadsnook2000

Test posting

I had written a long posting to address several of the questions involved. When I clicked on the "Submit Reply" I got a message box with the number 401 and a phrase that said that I was not authorized to address the server ????

A half hour of effort down the drain. Lets see if this test posting goes thru.
Dave

PS, I've tried again and failed. Too much time lost. I'll contact the moderators.

star-lover

dave

if you're machine has been left on since you last posted and you haven't visited tonnes of web pages, the post/draft may still be there - click on the left arrow/back button on top left of browser - until it gets shaded out - then you can't go back any more

this has happened to me and that's how i got it back/copied it- although it was immediately that i tried

Re Neptune - I have it in scorpio on the cusp of 2nd/3rd depending on the house system used and I can relate to both the meanings - especially the 3rd house sensitivity to words - the plain written word and also that spoken by a person - i'm quite a sensitive person anyhow and neptune sextiles my ascendant as well quite closely - i think it may have something to do with hating loud noises as well especially when they come out of the blue, but sometimes just the general *noise* of everyday modern life it gets to me unless i totally switch off to everything - the other thing that springs to mind is to do with reading between the lines, hidden meanings, this goes from sharp perception at its best to muddled thinking and paranoia at its worst and that is bad news

as for the 2nd house - I do have very fine taste but what I think this placement reflects in me is that I have an aversion to anything financial like stock markets, book balancing, anything about finances and the world of business - I just switch off - I have never understood it and don't want to either - that's for other people to do, not me lol - perhaps something to do with difficulty engaging in the real world

i have a very wide conjunction to venus in libra in the 2nd too so that adds to the love of fine things, penchant for airy fairy type art, pre raphaelite paintings, antiques

the only other thing i would say is those interpretations are so very interesting if taken as expressions of transiting neptune through our houses