natal chart question

rubikon

I'm following Greer Tarot for Self pages 146-147 to record natal chart info. I used astrolabe to obtain the data. On pages 146-147, Greer says:

Aries: The Emperor is on the cusp of House #_

Taurus: The Hierophant is on the cusp of House #_

etc, etc.

It seems like Aries would always be House #1, Taurus #2, ....Pisces #12.

Does the HOuse number assignments vary from person to person? If so, what would the numbering be for me, a Gemini??

AquarianGoddess

Yes, the cusps vary depending on one's sun sign and time of birth.

First check to see if you have any interceptions (two signs covering one house). Example: Gemini is on your 1st house cusp (ascendant) and let's say Leo is on your 2nd house cusp, that indicates that Cancer (the sign between Gem & Leo) is intercepted in your 1st.

The Magician would be your 1st house card then you proceed from there and if you don't have interceptions, just keep going around the wheel until you cover all 12 houses.

AG

rubikon

AG: thanks for the input!

My chart is:

Rising Sign in 29d Sagittarius
Sun in 12d Gemini
Moon in 26d Cancer
Mercury in 1d Gemini
Venus in 26d Gemini
Mars in 18d Virgo
Jupiter in 9d Gemini
Saturn in 16d Pisces
Uranus in 10d Virgo
Neptune in 18d Scorpio
Pluto in 13d Virgo

Would Sagittarius be House #1,
Gemini #2
Cancer #3
Gemini #4, etc.?

(And how do I fill-out Greer's chart beginning with Aries: the Emperor is on the cusp of House #_ ? It seems like the Emperor wouldn't correlate with any of the above?)

AquarianGoddess

The Emperor is the 1st house (ascendant) regardless of the ascending sign because the 1st house is an "Aries" house.

You're not looking at the planets for this exercise, only the house cusps. Check what sign is on the 2nd house cusp, is it Capricorn or Aquarius, then follow Mary's instructions.

rubikon

There's a black line on the astrolabe chart that goes from Aries across to Libra (with an arrow pointing at Libra). There's another black line going from Gemini to Sagittarius. There's four grey lines too. I think these lines form the 12 house cusps. (Actually I'm not sure what a cusp is.)

Starting from Aries and following where the lines connect to the outer circle, the cusps would be #1 Aries, #2 Taurus, #3 Gemini, #4 Gemini-bordering Cancer, #5 Cancer, #6 Virgo, #7 Libra, #8 Scorpio, #9 Sagittarius, #10 Sagittarius-bordering Capricorn, #11 Capricorn, #12 Pisces.

Is this right, or do I go clockwise or something else? AG, from what you mentioned, it sounds like I should go clockwise. I think I'll go clockwise.

AquarianGoddess

A cusp is the sign on the outside of the house, beginning with the ascendant.

If you would like to post your birthdate and time, I'll check your chart and let you know.

rubikon

OK here 'tis, thanks AG
6-2-65 8:50 PM
Des Moines, Iowa

AquarianGoddess

I forgot to ask where you were born because that does make a difference.

raeanne

Rubikon,
You were born in Des Moines? Really? Do you still live there? I was born in Webster City, Iowa. Small world.

rubikon

raeanne: I was born thereabouts, and family moved to the West coast when I was a toddler. Can't say I remember much about it. :-D