Triple Virgo

Professor X

le.jour.obscurcit said:
I understand that you are just explaining how you function, however I don't believe there is any need for you to regard people who think and act differently to what you do as "stupid" or "foolish".

Precisely. More than anybody YOU know. I'm a Sagittarian and I read and study and research moreso than the people I know, but I still keep in mind that there are other people out there that devote heaps more time studying/reading, etc. than what I do. And how do I even know they don't do that in their spare time? Or how do I know whether they have the time to do it or not?

You learn things faster than anybody YOU know. Again, this does not cancel out the people you do NOT know. I know an Aquarian and an Aries, with no tint of Virgo whatsoever, and they dominate the classroom when we're learning something new. Or anything at all for that matter.

As I said in my other post, this is a matter of subjective perception - not reality.

I have Mercury conjuncting my Ascendant, which is ruled by Jupiter in Libra conjuncting my Moon, which both trine my Venus in Aquarius which is conjunct Saturn squaring my Pluto which trines my Mars which is in opposition with both My Neptune and Capricorn that also square my Moon and Jupiter. Do you see me insulting other people because they do things differently to what I do?

My bestfriend has her Sun and Jupiter in Virgo, along with her Mars and Moon in the sixth house, and she doesn't speak so ill of people like you.

Here we go once again with this stuff. I didnt insult anyone at all.
I never actually called anyone out by name I just gave some thoughts about how I felt about what I see in other people. This brings up another point I see about people when dealing with us Virgos......... YOU CANNOT HANDLE HOW REAL THAT WE ARE.

We say what we think most of the time. We generally do not mince words when we say thing. Me being a triple makes me act real as hell when I am around people.I dont put up fronts and fakery whether I am in real life or whether I am on the net. You are showing that you cannot handle my realness and upfrontness about things. Because that it all that it is. I AM REAL WITH MYSELF AND I ADMIT WHAT I THINK ABOUT THINGS.

A lot of the other zodialogical signs are into flattery and putting on a good show for people. THATS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE FOR SAGITTARIUS! Sagittarius is all about making sure people view them as being a certain way whether or not that way is real or not. Sagittarians will put on a good show and good image but whether that image is true or not will have to remain to be seen.

You are a true Sagittarian. My mother was one so I know what I am talking about. You dont like what I am saying merely because it doesnt fit your viewpoint of how you think the world should be. I suppose that is to be expected.

I am just not into flattering people. Just because I said I think a lot of things I see people do are foolish I am now being abusive towards people?? LOL!

People cannot handle it when you tell them the truth straight up. People want the flattery and all the pomp and circumstance. Well I am just not into all that stuff.

Then because I say I learn thing faster than anyone I know you accuse me of saying I learn faster than anyone on the planet. LOL. You must control your Sagittarian tendency to see everything turn out jovial and festive.

By the way I like Sagittarians. You guys are a blast to be around. You can have a LOT of fun with a Sagittarian.

Professor X

Cactus said:
Well, I guess I'm more than a triple Gemini. I have Sun, Mercury, Mars AND rising in Gem. And I'll tell you, I am definitely infused with Gemini. I'm an English major with impeccable spelling and grammar, can't stand when someone abuses the English language. I can speak in many languages without an American accent. I just have that "thing" for language.

I talk a lot, like to verbalize everything...all the traits of a Gemini. I can imitate actions and voices like you would not believe. I'm also sarcastic as heck and when angry, my words can cut deep. I can debate and seem like I've won, even if I don't know what I'm talking about. It's just crazy.

BUT. There are other strong influences in my chart that make me almost a different person. My Moon, aspecting almost all planets, is in Pisces. I have Neptune in Scorpio very strong in my chart (angular, aspecting almost all planets in a major way, esp. trine my Moon). And I have several planets in the 12th house, plus N. Node, Lilith and a few asteroids if you want to count them.

I think my Moon (watery planet) in Pisces (watery sign) trine Neptune (watery planet) in Scorpio (watery sign) gives me so much emotion and creativity, empathy to the extreme, and complete dreaminess and an imagination that can do absolutely anything. All of that plus Neptune and the 12th house make me extremely emotional, sensitive, artistic (I play piano, LOVE music and am inspired by beauty and must be surrounded by beautiful things and art). I cry at the drop of a hat and take on the suffering of the world. I can't watch the news...I've been extremely empathic all of my life.

I've learned to shield it and turn it off and my life has improved drastically. Soooo, the point is that while I feel my Gemini majorly, I also am infused with the emotional sensitivity of the Pisces/Neptune going on. Talk about duality, there it is!

So try to look at other elements and see where you embody those. I'm sure you are not completely a Virgo...Believe me, sometimes I focus so much on how I hate my Gemini traits (talk too much, bore everyone with my repetition) that I cry. Then I realize the reason I'm crying is because of my watery side. Then I remember my other non-Gemini traits and I feel better!

Thanks for this post. Very well done. I love to learn new things about people.

You are correct I am not all Virgo.
My Mars is in Gemini so I have A LOT of Gemini in me as well. Because of Mars I have great mental dexterity and can use words to express myself very well when I need to.Gemini is also on my Midheaven so the effect is even greater.
Sometimes I find myself switching my personality on people when I get in a bad mood. I know that is just the Gemini that is in me. I use my hands a lot when I speak which is another Gemini trait.

Your Pisces Moon definitely makes you very very intuitive with deep feelings for people. Your 12th house influence is why you like things like the Tarot. That is the house of the Occult/Hidden side of life. I have a LOT of 12th house influence as well which is why I love ALL things occult.

Having a waterly nature is good for a woman. The crying acts as a valve to relieve all the excess emotional energy. The crying helps to keep you in balance otherwise you might have a energy overload. See if you generate emotional energy you must have a release point or else it can make you combust and you would lash out at people.

Minderwiz

Professor X, it might help the discussion if you posted your natal details, then we can make an assessment of just how Mercurial you are (or are not). As several posters have pointed out there's more to a chart than the Ascendant, Sun and Moon (though these are obviously important. The process might also enable you to get a better insight into the workings of Astrology.

le.jour.obscurcit

Professor X said:
Here we go once again with this stuff. I didnt insult anyone at all.
I never actually called anyone out by name I just gave some thoughts about how I felt about what I see in other people. This brings up another point I see about people when dealing with us Virgos......... YOU CANNOT HANDLE HOW REAL THAT WE ARE.

I understand that you weren't insulting anybody in particular, but you were insulting people (in general) who perform tasks or think differently to what you do.

I've just said that my bestfriend is a Virgo.. If I couldn't handle how REAL Virgoans are, I don't believe I'd be friends with her. This has nothing to do with how REAL you are at all. You can be REAL without seeming to insult or appear narcissistic to others.

Professor X said:
We say what we think most of the time. We generally do not mince words when we say thing. Me being a triple makes me act real as hell when I am around people.I dont put up fronts and fakery whether I am in real life or whether I am on the net. You are showing that you cannot handle my realness and upfrontness about things. Because that it all that it is. I AM REAL WITH MYSELF AND I ADMIT WHAT I THINK ABOUT THINGS.

Saying what we think is a trademark of a Sagittarian as well. We are quite well known to be blunt and untactful. I have my Sun and Mercury in Sagittarius! However, if I'm being blunt with somebody about what I think, I convey it in a way so that I'm not offending anybody.
I, personally don't put up with fake people either. Nor am I showing you that I cannot handle your realness or upfront-ness. I can't stand people that regard people as foolish or stupid all because they act or think differently, that's all. I, as a Sagittarian, have had to learn the hard lesson of becoming more tactful, and still slip-up at times. So don't tell me I can't handle you "upfrontness".

Professor X said:
A lot of the other zodialogical signs are into flattery and putting on a good show for people. THATS IS ESPECIALLY TRUE FOR SAGITTARIUS! Sagittarius is all about making sure people view them as being a certain way whether or not that way is real or not. Sagittarians will put on a good show and good image but whether that image is true or not will have to remain to be seen.

I don't know where you got the idea of Sagittarians liking flattery. As a Sagittarian I dislike it immensely, and I've read else where that it's common for Sagittarians to be turned off by it, because they perceive it as "over-indulgent" on other person's behalf, which in turn becomes "over-bearing".

Sagittarians are not about making sure people view them as being a certain way at all. Sagittarians couldn't really care much for what people think of them, however, if people do give constructive criticism - that is NOT conveyed rudely - even if it is bluntly, they welcome it.

Professor X said:
You are a true Sagittarian. My mother was one so I know what I am talking about. You dont like what I am saying merely because it doesnt fit your viewpoint of how you think the world should be. I suppose that is to be expected.

Thank you. :) I like letting people know that.
Even if you're mother was a Sagittarian, you still haven't experienced being Sagittarian firsthand. You don't know what they think or what they're intentions are and why they do what they do. You've perceived what your mother has done with your own opinion, etc.

If somebody does or says something really nasty to me, for no APPARENT reason at all, yes, I will be shocked and hurt, or even angry, however, I think about the reasons why they did what they did or said what they did. And if I can't figure it out, I ask them, so then (best case scenario) things can be cleared up between the two of us.

Understanding involves experiencing or discovering something externally and then objectively defining it, internally. You then gain something insightful.

You cannot understand something without experiencing or discovering how and why another person thinks and acts.

If you had of conveyed your opinion in a less narcissistic and "no one else is as good as me" way, I wouldn't have had a problem. Sagittarians are known for their open-mindedness. ;)

Professor X said:
I am just not into flattering people. Just because I said I think a lot of things I see people do are foolish I am now being abusive towards people?? LOL!

All I'm trying to say, is perhaps what you perceive as foolish isn't foolish! Just because people act or think differently to yourself, does not mean you should consider them foolish. Do you understand that?

Professor X said:
People cannot handle it when you tell them the truth straight up. People want the flattery and all the pomp and circumstance. Well I am just not into all that stuff.

I know that. I'm Sagittarian. Sagittarian's trademark is of BLUNTNESS and HONESTY.

Professor X said:
Then because I say I learn thing faster than anyone I know you accuse me of saying I learn faster than anyone on the planet. LOL. You must control your Sagittarian tendency to see everything turn out jovial and festive.

No, I did not accuse you of saying that you claim to learn faster than anybody on the planet. I was merely suggesting to you that there are other people out there that you do NOT know of, that may learn faster than you - and are even a different sign!

I consider myself a fairly realistic person, but there is nothing at all wrong with hoping for things to turn out for the best. So don't tell me to control my tendency to see everything turn out jovial and festive.

Professor X said:
By the way I like Sagittarians. You guys are a blast to be around. You can have a LOT of fun with a Sagittarian.

Thank you. :) I like Virgoans for their very close-attention to detail - they pick up on things we miss out on because we're too busy looking at the big picture!

Bernice

Professor X: ...You must control your Sagittarian tendency to see everything turn out jovial and festive.
The above quote highlights the now-popular idea that if a Planet 'rules' a Sign, both Sign & Planet are of the same nature. But they arn't.

Jupiter the planet, may indeed be expressed as joviality, depending on its contacts. But Sagittarius the zodiac Sign, as with the other zodiac signs, might best be regarded as an 'atmosphere'. It is because Jupiter finds it's most comfortable expression in the 'atmosphere' of Sagittarius it has therefore been deemed to be the 'ruling' planet for Sagittarius.

Similar (if not more) confusion and/or an overlap of meanings exist about the Houses. Basically the only two points that appear have a reliable validity are the Ascendant and the Mid-Heaven, the many House systems are constructed around them.

Regarding this topic of 'Triple Virgo', it might be more enlightening to consider Virgo as an 'atmosphere' which may or may not, allow a comfortable expression of any planet(s) which is located there. It goes without saying that assessment of the planetry *aspects* would be a primary consideration.

Bee :)

Minderwiz

I've long since been of the opinion that describing people by their Sun Signs is a dangerous and wrong headed approach. It's an approach that had an advantage of being a form of shorthand but it's become so widely accepted by people who have no other knowledge of Astrology, that it no longer fulfils that purpose. A symbol should evoke a complex situation but these symbols actually stop an Astrological exploration.

Even otherwise quite competent Astrologers will carry out an 'element' count to help assess personality. In effect this counts all planets as the same and the only important information is the triplicity of the sign. Yes, some may try and be a little more adventurous by adding extra weight for the Sun and/or Moon but essentially this approach treats Saturn and Jupiter, Venus and Mars, and of course Sun and Moon as being essentially the same. Any competent Astrologers of the past knew very well that they were essentially different!

In modern parlance, I'm a Libra (Sun 29,45, and if you insist Neptune 11,15) but I might be a Scorpio (Mercury 21,15; Venus 13,01; Jupiter 29,59 and if you insist Chiron 11,55). I might alternatively be Leo (ASC 23,27; Mars 12,40; Saturn 21,07 aand again if you insist Pluto 14,49). And there's always Aquarius (Moon 17,21) Gemini (Uranus 25,58) and Taurus (MC 9,18)

If you think about it, that information tells you virtually nothing of real meaning till you start looking at house placements, aspects and dispositorships. A traditional Astrologer would also look at essential dignities and accidental dignities (such as being retrograde, fast or slow, angularity, aspects from benefics and malefics and relationship to the Sun).

Assessing character or temperament involves using a complex of factors, whether you use a more modern or a traditional approch. You don't need to look any further than Dave (Dadsnook2000) for a first class way to analyse natal charts using modern methods. I hope that I'm a not incomptent example of how to use traditional methods - neither of us emphasises a Sun sign approach or even a sign approach in the way that crops up so often here.

Sun signs have become a quick fix - but they are not a good approach for someone who wants to learn about Astrology - let go of them and start to look at planets' placement in the charts and use the signs to modify how those planets will express their roles in a chart.

dadsnook2000

Very PRIVATE comment to Minderwiz

Since I indicated that this was a PRIVATE message, I'm sure that nobody else will read it. Like you, I am wondering why some of those who claim to be interested in astrology and those early-studies student who are putting time and effort into learning astrology don't follow our lead and stop making such a big deal out of sun signs and lots of fringe-stuff like black moons, etc. Don't they see that the basic stuff we use, although we each use it differently than the other, is what works.

Astrology is in many ways very simple. But simple doesn't equate to taking the simple way out by detouring around the learning curve. Some portions of our craft do require serious effort --- for many, that is understanding the math and the celestial mechanics that must be understood before one can go too far and too deep. But, the wealth of methodologies beyond and besides the natal charts such as mid-points, progressions, directions, solar and lunar returns, phase relationships and others all need a basic grounding in planets, aspects, houses, cycles and (lastly, perhaps) signs. Then, they can (like us) specialize in modern, psychological, classical, medieval, hellenistic approaches to astrology or go into special applications such as prediction, horary, medical, gardening, herbal, weather, etc.

If only they realized the scope of what they could explore if they first took the time to really learn the basics. Dave

ncefafn

I didn't read what Dave posted, since he asked us nicely not to read it, but I did read Minderwiz's post before that. Being an enthusiastic amateur astrologer, I have to confess that what got me interested in astrology was not that my Sun sign described me so well, but rather that it described me so ill. In the first astrology book I ever got my hands on, a year forecast for Libras when I was 10, I found out that there were other planets and positions that had a bearing on personality, and so I went in search of them. It was hard in those days finding ephemerides in public libraries, and it wasn't until I was in junior high (that shows how old I am now) that I found a bookstore that sold Grant Lewi's Astrology for the Millions and then found out where all my other planets were. I devoured everything I could get my hands on, looking for information about, of course, myself.

What I came away with was the assurance that I was no more "A Libra" than I was "A Blonde." I am a complex assortment of signs, planets and angles. And quite honestly, when I look at a chart, the first thing I search for are the hard aspects, not the signs.

Hi, my name is Kim. I'm a fixed t-square.

dadsnook2000

For Kim, and others

My post to Minderwiz was my way of teasing the list participants. It was my thought that the "private" bit in the title would assure that everyone read it. It may have been a touch heavy-handed but it seemed to be a nice way of saying "follow what works." Just a nudge to those who are infatuated with Sun signs to move onwards towards what astrology really is. Dave

le.jour.obscurcit

dadsnook2000 said:
My post to Minderwiz was my way of teasing the list participants. It was my thought that the "private" bit in the title would assure that everyone read it. It may have been a touch heavy-handed but it seemed to be a nice way of saying "follow what works." Just a nudge to those who are infatuated with Sun signs to move onwards towards what astrology really is. Dave

I read your post and did not realise what you were talking about when you said "since I indicated this was a PRIVATE message.." until I'd finished reading your post and looked up and down the page several times, trying to see what you were talking about.

I agree with Bernice's, Minderwiz's, and your post. And when reading Professor X's post, I indeed felt like saying "why are you only judging me by my Sun sign?" but felt it futile, as this character knows what they're talking about.

I also admit, that when initially interested in Astrology, I only pursued the meanings of the Sun signs, but THEN found out about the Moon signs, Venus signs, etc. and then about the houses, aspects and other points like the Nodes and the Black Moon. This was when my SEVERE interest in astrology occured, and you could say this interest became an obsession. Although I do not possess as much knowledge as I would like to and compared to you and the other people on this forum, I believe I do share the same amount of passion for the art. And it is users like you, that I look up to, gain inspiration from and learn from.