Leo Sun, Scorpio Moon

Minderwiz

I would be careful in treating these as kites - the aspects for at least one of the linkages is extremely loose (which is why my program does not show them).

The Mars Saturn link is over 8 and a half degrees - its a very wide for a trine, though there may still be some effect - I don't treat aspects as having cut offs, but the strength is likely to be very low.

The Mars / Moon is a bit better at just over six degrees but it's still widish so the energy flow is on the low side.

The issue is will the kites function effectively - I would tend to say that they are not going to, mainly because of the wide orb on the Mars / Saturn link. However orbs are very personal to Astrologers so I'm certainly not in the position of saying that there is no kite - others may well take the view that the Mars / Saturn trine is fully effective.

Adele

Minderwiz...

the program I have shows them as grand trines and kites. I do have A LOT of creative energy and abilities.

All Is One

Scorpio Sun ~ Leo Moon

I know some of what the Leo Sun~ Scorpio Moon people are like because I had two longtime boyfriends (live-in) with that combination and it was eerily attractive to me, but I had never done their charts. Years later I find out their planets and it would be funny if those relationships were not so insane and obsessive on both sides. Seems they both had a history of girlfriends who happened to be Scorpios.

I struggle with the conflicting nature I have and it is even worse having a Gemini ascendent.

Born: Oct 31, 1961 7:51 pm in New Orleans, Lousiana.

Minderwiz

An interesting reversal :)

I have seen claims, I think it was by Carol Rushman, that woman are attracted to men with the same Sun sign and Men are attracted to women who have the same Sun sign as their Moon soon. So you having relationships with Scorpio men seems to support her!

You have an interesting chart - Saturn in Capricorn, Mars in Scorpio and Venus in Libra - three planets in their own signs. Now that's an interesting ruling committee! A fair element balance but very fixed. It's a good job that you do have a Gemini Ascendant - Mercury's needed to keep the communications going between those three!

All Is One

Actually I think I was unclear. I have never had a relationship with a male scorpio or even met any that I can think of except my father, and we are very close, but very wary of each other's bounderies and extremely careful not to hurt the other's feelings - ever. I guess two Scorpio's in one family would be that way, and yet he does not believe in astrology (he is a Prof of Biochemistry)

I meant that my past choices were men with Leo sun, Scorpio moon. My permanent choice, Andy, is a Libra sun, I think he may be a Scorpio moon...I haven't looked at his chart in quite a while. (he will be the father of my yet to be conceived child...I should take another look.)

Minderwiz, I see that people are all asking you to basically do their charts, but if it is not an imposition, could you explain what you said about the three planets in their own signs? Because I was born a Scorpio on Halloween, I have always wondered if I couldn't find something more specific in my chart than the computer programs reveal. I would really appreciate any comments or clues you might find.

I am hoping to have a Scorpio child, but there is no controlling destiny - I would never try.

Minderwiz

All is One,

Yes, I'll be happy to give you some comments. I'll post them tomorrow, as I'm just off to bed :)

Minderwiz

All Is One

The main chart shape is a bowl, this suggests that you find life a more or less continuous series of choices, often between your own self interest and having to sacrifice this for others..

You have a strong representation of fixed signs / succeedent houses – once you have started on a course of action it’s not easy to change direction, you can be quite stubborn.

Venus, shows how you relate to others and how you see beauty and harmony. Venus is in Libra, its own sign and has strong essential dignity plus good accidental dignity in the fifth House It is also conjunct your Ascendant ruler Mercury. You tend to communicate to others through your relationships (of all types) and see relationships as a means of expressing yourself. You have a love of language, a love of beauty, have a love of art and may well express yourself artistically. Venus is placed in the fifth house, where it traditionally ‘joys’. This is a good placement for Venus and it also trines the Ascendant. Venus and Mercury are the strongest planets in your chart. Although not in its own sign, Mercury rules the Air triplicity by night and is also in its own terms in Libra. Both planets have about the same essential dignity and gain accidental dignity from their fifth house placements. They are therefore likely to be the arbiters in‘settling’ the different pulls of Mars and Saturn. You probably get on well with children and from a Venus point of view are at your best in a romantic relationship. You also enjoy hobbies, pastimes and sports which strongly involve relating to others or which appeal to your sense of harmony. Again ‘artistic’ hobbies are more likely than athletic ones.

If Venus represents your desire to relate and to harmonise, Mars represents your desire to assert yourself. You have Mars placed in Scorpio, one of its traditional rulerships. Mars was given Scorpio to ‘cool it down’. Rather than Assert directly and possibly confrontationally, as Mars would do in Aries, Mars in Scorpio asserts in a more indirect way, based on feelings, intuition and emotions. This is a much more ‘sympathetic or empathic form of assertion and is therefore less likely to be resisted by others. However it can be a highly intense and single minded form of assertion, in which case it might well raise hackles. Mars has more essential dignity than Venus or Mercury as it is also the Triplicity ruler for Water – however it has some accidental debility when placed in the sixth. However traditionally Mars ‘joys’ in the sixth. It was considered better for Mars to be in a nocturnal sign (Earth or Water) and preferably placed in a nocturnal chart in a nocturnal house (below the Ascendant / Descendant line). Here it’s influence is moderated and its power to do harm is lessened. So your Mars placement appears quite positive. In the sixth though and as ruler of the sixth it suggests you may well be accident prone, possibly more at an emotional level than a physical one. Mars is also your Sun’s ruler. Your Sun is also conjunct Neptune – never an easy placement and whilst it may bring strong creative and artistic talents it can also make the choice between self and others even more difficult because it’s often not easy to separate self from others.

Mars is in sextile to Saturn, the last of the three planets in their own signs. In Saturn’s case it is in Capricorn, in the eighth House. Although it has strong essential dignity, it has accidental debility in the eighth. Of the three Saturn is the weakest. Whereas Venus and Mercury are placed where they can act well, Mars will have some trouble in focusing in the sixth (though this is perhaps a good thing) and Saturn will have more problems in the eighth. Saturn also only disposits Jupiter, the rest of the planets are disposited by Mars (four) and Venus (two). Nevertheless, the conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter is one that I usually treat as being good. Saturn represents restriction, limit, control, fear as well as construction and system. Jupiter represents growth, enlargement, joy, expansion. Bring these two together and there is a real possibility that Jupiter’s growth can be harnessed and directed by a strong Saturn. Unfortunately, Jupiter is weakly placed in Capricorn (in Fall) and this suggests that the ‘marriage’ needs to be worked on almost continuously if the result is not to be the higly negative ‘large fears’ and ‘large worries’. Saturn’s sextile to Mars may well add an assertiveness here that enables Jupiter to be well directed. Saturn is the traditional ‘ruler’ of the eighth house. so this placement has some mitigation. Whilst the eighth has association with death, in an every day context it is interpreted more as the second from the seventh. The material resources of the marriage or partnership. You may therefore seek self protection through the material resources of a partnership (this should not be taken as saying you will marry for money – with your fifth house that would be very, very, unlikely). However a partnership either business or marriage which provides security will be well in tune with your needs.

Mars and Saturn may well get on with each other (given their sextile) however neither finds it so easy to get on with Venus / Mercury. This is not a confrontational situation but more one of a low level niggle. I wouldn’t rate it too highly but it probably requires a little effort to co-ordinate Mars / Saturn on the one hand and Mercury / Venus on the other. Indeed with Venus dispositing the Ascendant (through Mercury) and Mars dispositing the Sun the Venus / Mars relationship is taken to your Ascendant (how others see you) and Sun (Creative will) relationship – the theme is again the needs of self versus the needs of others.

All Is One

Yay Minderwiz!

Thank you, Minderwiz, that was great. I have used the "do it yourself" books and the computer programs, but for the math and science impaired, the trines and sextant and such is almost impossible to grasp, it is very clear that astrology is a complex blend of science and art, and you are extremely kmowledgable.

Do you do this for a living? And if you care to share this, how many years have you studied astroplogy?

Thanks, and you are quite accurate. I called Andy in just now to show him the beginning where you mention stubborness. He sees me as extremely assertive and absolutely immovably stubborn when it comes to something I really care intensely about.

I used to disagree, but after over two years with him, who is a true Libran and will give in often and gracefully, to maintain harmony, I have had to admit that I see his point.

Interesting - I am marrying him, and his career being very stable with a fairly good income means that I can continue to pursue my artistic career without having to compete commercially in selling my work for a living.

A very accurate and helpful interpretation that I can use in practical ways.

I will print and save your work for future aid :) :) :)

Celtic_Dragon

Minderwiz, if it's not too much trouble could you read my chart?
I've run accrossed it several times but never managed to understand what all the shapes and numbers mean.

Minderwiz

All Is One,

Thanks for the feedback - I started studying Astrology about 35 years ago but didn't do more than scratch the surface and when I started teaching a couple of years later I virtually gave it up. When my daughter was born (she's 24) I took it up again but career demands meant that it did not last long.

About 5 years ago I was made redundant and although I got another teaching post, I no longer had managerial responsibility and the pressure was much less. This time I decided to take up Astrology again and see it through. I did a couple of distance learning courses and a hell of a lot of reading and practice.

I would like to do it professionally but only part time and as I retire in four years time that seems an ideal time to launch a part time career.

Celtic Dragon,

If you don't mind waiting a little, I'll do a reading for you. post your time (hh:mm) date (dd/mm/yyyy) and place (location) of birth.

I have someone that I've promised a reading to but I will have a go at yours afterwards.