HELP!

purplelady

Back when "What's Your Sign?!" (And maybe rising sign and moon) were enough , I used to Think I knew a lot about astrology, and could even successfully guess people's sun sign on occasion. But now I feel rather lost , and I admit I haven't made the time and effort to even try and figure out all the aspects and geometry and what it means in a chart.This stuff really is complicated!
I turned 39 on Jan 15 th.(I'm a capricorn) My boyfriend is a Libra and is about driven me Nuts! One site I went to in the past took both our birthdays and did a compatability chart and it came out well . But lately I wonder what ever made me even Think of being with a Libra!!! ? (Sorry to any Libras out there!) . Does anyone have any wise witty advice on Dealing with a Libra? Any HELP is appreciated! <) :-D :-( ;P . Also , maybe something's going on in my chart? p.s. my rising is aquarius

purplelady

One thing I do remember though , it's the aspect that is Opposite the midheaven , can't remember correct name , but it's the very bottom of chart. We both had the same exact sign or aspect as either 0 or 1 degree Aries. It said that could be past life. That we would have the Exact same degree and sign for this is scary!

Scorpion

purplelady (19 Feb, 2002 04:34):
Does anyone have any wise witty advice on Dealing with a Libra?

Hi, Purplelady!

As for wise witty advice, unfortunately I've just got in and it's gone midnight here (I'm a real wimp if I don't get enough sleep - but of course I just HAD to check the site before collapsing!) and I can't put my hand to the book I want, but I suggest if you can get hold of Linda Goodman's Love Signs it would give you some pointers and I love it because she's humorous with it. It's a very thick book cos she matches each sign up with the others: generally, then man/woman followed by woman/man so you get all aspects. When I find it I'll see if it has anything useful.

As for anything going on in your chart, I don't know, but didn't you say you're job hunting and it's not going too well - I think you used the term "stressful" could your dissatisfaction in the relationship be an overspill from that?

Will be back tomorrow!

I don't know about

AquarianGoddess

Hi Purplelady,

I'm sorry to hear that you're under duress in your relationship. Having a quick look at your chart, I'm not surprised that you're upset, probably feeling trapped and at the end of your rope. Now calm down and take a deep breathe!

You're under several (difficult) Saturn influences which is a time that can be utilized to take stock of your life, accomplishes, mistakes (for learning purposes) and plan a course to get where it is you wish to be. It's a time of constructive change.

Without having your boyfriend's data I can't say for certain, but I'm inclined to believe that what you're going through is stemming from you, but is being set-off by him.

There's a possibility you may have a Libra Moon (don't know your birth time) and that's why you're attracted to Libra's.

It's not an easy time (it won't be hanging around for too much longer though) for you, but you can get through it. It may help if you have someone to confide in, or write down your feelings. I'm sending light and good energy to you. Good luck.

God Bless,
AG

purplelady

LouiQ , AG , thanks for responding! AG , everything you said is right on, unfortunately! :( . BTW I'm almost positive I have a virgo moon. Every book puts it at virgo, Except the one I have put it at Libra. So I did some research and determined that the moon changed signs the day I was born , but was in virgo at the Time I was born.
LouiQ, yes, job search is probubly one of the most stressful things in life. I haven't read Linda Goodman's Love Signs, but I've read other books like it . I've read Linda Goodman's Sun signs. There was one I read a while ago from the Library , if I come up with the name I'll post it , because I liked it. And it was different. One of the premises was that Earth signs and Air signs go best together because they are more "Logical" . And Fire and Water signs were more suited to each other on the "Emotional " end . Also a lot of talk about Mars(male ) and Venus (female) and how much of each of these energies a person has . It said that some men are just Too mars to get along with!
AG , I sure hope you are right and that this will pass!

purplelady

I know people who get along smoothly with their spouse, but have a heck of an impossible time dealing with and disciplining the children! I am the absolute opposite! My kids (BOTH earth signs as am I) and I get along very very very well. Also , the relationship guidelines are clear. I am the parent , you are the child , you do as I say, any questions (NOT!). They know and trust that what I tell them to do is for their own good , and things pretty much go smoothly with a minimum of b.s. and upset."Go get dressed , clean your room, be home at so and so time etc etc. They do it and also get straight A's in school and are happy! All is as it should be!
But it seems the spouse relationship is eluding me, to the point of absurdity! If I looked up "Stubborn Airhead" in the dictionary , his picture would be there! It goes something like this . Let's just have a general example , a theoretical example: There are some papers that He needs to get and fill out for our whole family. (And unfortunately it's something that HE has to do , I can't , because if I possibly could do it on my own I would to avoid the hassle!)It's important. Day 1) I ask him to get and fill out his portion of the papers. He is Sooooo agreeable , says he'll do it tomorrow right away, even talks for 3 to 4 hours about it animatedly (Not an exaggeration!). Day 2) Honey, did you get those papers? Him) OH! I forgot , I Promise I'll do it tomorrow! Day 3) Did you bring home the papers? Him ) 'Ya know , I had a super busy day , had a meeting with so and so , I forgot! Day 4 ) Honey , I REALLY need the papers! Did you get them?! Him 5) OH! I didn't get to (Insert excuse) Day 6) Did you bring home the papers?! Him "QUIT NAGGING ME!!! Another day passes Day 7 or 8 Honey WE really need to do this I NEED the papers!!! Him- "Honey you are totally right I Promise I will do it tomorrow (3 hour dicussion ensues about how he promises he'll do it ) ..............Next week , repeat steps 1-8!!!!!!!
This is how many many things go , some small of little importance , others BIG , important things.
Sorry to vent , but I just couldn't help it! I'm feeling really frustrated and ineffective (I read that in a book somewhere for capricorn too!) . I guess I thought Maybe some astrological secret about Libras could be the magic answer!!!
Truthfully I'm not especially attracted to Libras, but more often attracted to Leos! Maybe I can blame the aquarius rising for that?

Pollux

purplelady: "truthfully I'm not especially attracted to Libras, but more often attracted to Leos! Maybe I can blame the aquarius rising for that?"

SURE you can! Your 7th house "happens" to fall in Leo, therefore it is almost mathematic that way. Generally, we tend to get (or make so that we get... :) ) sorrounded by people whose Sun sign corresponds to our Descendant or Ascendant.
For more informations about this, try and look at the other post: "Meaning of the Descendent in Natal Chart" or something similar in the Astrology section.

As for taming your Libra partner... I think you should take the meditative and hermit-like part out of him, the one that should be the most similar to your Saturnine sign.
Otherwise, try with something more "physical"... you know what I mean: Libra likes playing the game of seduction... Capricorn just wants to win it, and lead: make him understand YUO are the Cap, and therefore YOU lead :D

purplelady

Thanks Pollux, I don't know , nothing works , I think it's beyond help! Truthfully I feel kind-of disgusted at this point.
<<<I wonder what kind-of saturn influences I'm under exactly?>>>
Just because I take charge of my kids doesn't mean I want to Always be in charge , if 'ya know what I mean............but with my boyfriend I feel compelled to TRY and take control of his life , mainly finances , which he is a notoriously bad manager of. But he just does the opposite of what I say , then everyone in my family has to pay. Other things that I feel I would do better at managing. Oh well , life goes on , right ? I just give up and try to work on managing my own life .
That is one thing I've decided to work on , learning that I cannot control the actions of another , as much as I feel I need to or have to or whatever (Another adult). That I can only control and manage myself. I am really working on this lately! It would be a lot easier if the person was just a friend , someone who I didn't live with . It's a real challenge when what this person does has a direct effect upon you , your kids , and your family.

AquarianGoddess

Purplelady, you're reading my mind. I'm in the process of writing about the Saturn/Pluto opposition (that we're all under) and one of the first things I mention is realizing that one can't control anyone but oneself.

You're under a Saturn/Venus opposition; Saturn square your Pluto and square your Jupiter. However, there's a bright light that will be shining with Jupiter trine your Jupiter and Saturn trine your Saturn. It should be a good time to find a good job.

AG

Scorpion

Agggggghhhh! I HATE hitting the wrong button when I've already composed my answer once!

Well, Purplelady - I managed to locate my Love Signs and according to Linda Goodman part of the problem is that you're on a 4-10 vibration (sorry - no idea: AG?) and you both like to lead but in different ways and for different reasons. She mentions "undeniable basic differences of motivation and personality" and says that "these major differences of outlook and goals will always remain". Apparently hard work but worth it if you can master it - and you're well on your way to a halo if you can stick the course!

Unfortunately there's far too much to post what she says in full and I suggest if you can sneak a look at a local bookstore you might find it makes sense to you.

Hmmmmmmmmmm - I see me and my partner are also 4-10s: I'm sure that's an unearthly band of light forming over my head.................. (NOT)!