Aleister Crowley's Curried Rice Recipe

Grigori

That sounds great actually, though I'll skip the glacier curry until I'm up a mountain LOL

Babalon Jones

Hah, I have two ghost pepper plants loaded with peppers. Wasn't sure what to do with them, short of making tear gas. Maybe a curry!

ravenest

Blerk !

Sounds terrible ... tastes like blasphemy (of course)

no chiili so not hot ... just the flavour of cloves (YUK!) turmeric and cardamom (better in Indian sweets than curry ) ... if I made that and called it a curry at work - sacked!

I prefer he spread it on an artist's canvass (might be an improvement on his usual art ? ).

I much prefer the celebratory multi-course meal he outlined ... somewhere ?

Cant find it as I thought it was 'Crowley grill' and all hits are about 'Crowley's Grill ' or Crowleys Bar and Grill.

I remember 2 thick pork sausages overlaid with criss-crossed anchovies ... and something decorating 2 lambs kidneys ... and continual courses like that ...

kwaw

Sounds ok -- very similar to how I occasionally cook rice, depending on the curry dish to go with it -- shame we don't have his curry recipe(s) too.

Zephyros

Not many know that towards the end of his life Crowley channeled Liber Alimentum, also known as Liber XXXXXVVVVIIIIII, a collection of received recipes from the Secret Chefs.

kwaw

One of Crowley's recipes suggests a bhyriani style with vindaloo okra on bottom layer, topped with a layer of madras chutney and then a layer of lamb with red and green chillli's and 'usual rice' on top.

ravenest

Okay guys ... thats enough !

Satanism, drinking cats blood, ****ing a goat, surreptitiously placing deviate magical sigils throughout the tarot that will cause the collapse of descent civilisation until we all degenerate into Baphomet worshipping subs ... is one thing ...

But vindaloo okra ! Sorry ... thats the limit !

<hands back sash and apron>