A New Focus Spread - Wheel of Change Level One

thorhammer

The Magician represents undirected power in this deck, so this spread is about finding a way to direct one’s personal power. It highlights a part of the person’s life that requires attention, then speaks of the gifts that person has to tackle the challenge.

The deck is divided into Majors and Minors; the first card is drawn from the Majors and represents the gate, as in the tiles at the Magician’s feet in this deck. The other four cards come from the Minor Arcana and represent the tools or gifts the Magician has in his/her hands.

1: The Gate – The area of life that requires attention. This card may be drawn at random or chosen, but it must be from the Majors.

2: Gift of Earth – The first step, the practical action. What you can see and touch.

3: Gift of Fire – What motivates you to do this. Inspiration, promise of further enlightenment.

4: Gift of Water – Emotional implications. This might be either your emotional tendencies that hinder you, or consequences of making the move.

5: Gift of Air – How this will change your outlook on life. At the end of the process, you have to fit this into your worldview – this is where it will go.

I'd love to hear how people go using this one. :)

\m/ Kat

Zelmira

Question

Kat:
I have some questions about your interesting series of spreads:

1. Are these spreads that use a specific deck?
2. Is there a #3 spread?
3. In the positions where the title is one of the Majors, does that mean that is the card I have to select, or do I pull any card and interpret it according to the energies of the particular major?

I love the series and I will try it as soo as I have a chance. Thank you for posting it. Peace,

Zelmira

thorhammer

Zelmira said:
Kat:
I have some questions about your interesting series of spreads:

1. Are these spreads that use a specific deck?
2. Is there a #3 spread?
3. In the positions where the title is one of the Majors, does that mean that is the card I have to select, or do I pull any card and interpret it according to the energies of the particular major?

I love the series and I will try it as soo as I have a chance. Thank you for posting it. Peace,

Zelmira
Hey, Zelmira :) I'm glad you like my spreads - yes, they're based on the Wheel of Change Tarot. The creator of that deck rearraged the Majors into the Tarot Tree, which has six levels, plus Level 0 (The Fool). I've done spreads for all six and they should all be linked (soon, I hope!) in the index for that deck's Study Group.

I think this spread was the only one where I used the Majors and Minors separated, and you can either choose a Major card to reflect what you want to work on, or draw one as you would any other card.

Thanks for your comments!

\m/ Kat

Zelmira

Kat:
Thank you for your clarification. I will visit the Study Group to get more information. Peace,
Zelmira