Asherah Tarot, originally the Sarah Magdalene Tarot

Grigori

Sorry to say, but something about this card was bothering me. I've been mulling over it since seeing the card, and I couldn't work out what is was... Today I cracked it, its about how the edge meets the border!

The edge of the card seems to have the flames painted from its edges inward, which strikes my eyes as strange. I hope you can forgive me, but I played with it and extended the border slightly so that the edges of the flames ran out of the image into the border as if there is more fire that you can't see beyond that line. And now I am a very happy chappy :D So just a suggestion, I'll put the idea out there in case it's of use.

Other than that little thing, I love the card! I painted something a bit similar myself when I made a Tower card with a background of flames and a black silouette of a Bear and Wolf. But mine was crap :laugh: Love the horse!

Attachments

• KoWedited.png
    KoWedited.png
    208.8 KB · Views: 321

salamandrina

It does look a bit messy doesn't it. I probably will work on it a bit, but it did occur to me that the way the flames end like that behind him symbolizes his inability to turn back. Maybe everything behind him is a black and charred waste land.

Thank you though for your suggestions. I always welcome feedback. It makes me think about the cards from a fresh perspective and that is invaluable. You were quite right about the wider border on the LUST print too...it looked great!

I posted that card rather quickly because I have been so engrossed in my POWER card. It took form largely yesterday and may well be ready to post before Easter. The annoying thing is, I have progressed so far in doing the Minors that I may well be forced to do the MAJORS again! :D

Grigori

salamandrina said:
You were quite right about the wider border on the LUST print too...it looked great!

It does, doesn't it! My print arrived :D :party: Though I can't take any credit for that idea, it was the priner shop ladies suggestion for easier framing. But it does look great, and I'm someone who doesn't like borders remember ;)

It is stunning in person, more than I imagined. I can't wait to get it framed so I can put it up on my wall, I'm too scared to leave it out of the wrapping now in case I damage it, so the roll is taunting me with hidden LUSTy goodness! :D The image is beautiful and such a great print, the detail is just gorgeous. I'm now tempted to start finding more free spaces on my walls }) Thanks so much!

I posted that card rather quickly because I have been so engrossed in my POWER card. It took form largely yesterday and may well be ready to post before Easter. The annoying thing is, I have progressed so far in doing the Minors that I may well be forced to do the MAJORS again! :D

Happy painting!

salamandrina

I'm very glad you like it! :)

Might be a good idea to flatten it out, or at least loosen the roll.

The Majors are all very detailed works which doesn't really show up in the small online images or ultimately when they are printed as cards. I realize now I will have to try and sell them as prints as well to do justice to them, so I am going to look around for places to hang them for sale. If you can think of anywhere Tarot friendly let me know.

Thinking also about publishing the Majors as a glossy photo book, but that will have to wait till I've got the final versions done. Though I have a complete set already, I feel I need to do a few of them again.

Grigori

It's been a crazy few weeks for me recently and haven't had a chance to get to a framing store. Finally went last weekend and in 2 weeks time will be able to pick up the framed finished product! I can't wait to be able to put it up on the wall.

We choose a really nice frame, dark wood with a barely there metallic sort of finish/wash. Will have to post a picture when I have it back again.

I think the framing place owner may be your next print customer, he was asking a lot of questions about the image :D

salamandrina

Sounds perfect, especially for that card. I love wooden frames.
A photo would be wonderful! :)

Grigori

Got the frame back yesterday :D I'm really happy with how it turned out, and eager to get it up on the wall. It's going in my bedroom, though I need to be a bit careful hanging it as the other side of that wall is the ensuite and I don't want to burst a water pipe :laugh:

Sorry the photo's aren't wonderful, taken on my phone and also hard to manage the light off the glass. You get the idea at least though :)

EDIT: it's on the wall! :)

Attachments

• lustfull.jpg
    lustfull.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 284
  • lustcorner.jpg
    lustcorner.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 231

salamandrina

Oh wow! You've got great taste. That looks fabulous! :)

I went to the meet up today btw. They were very nice people so thanks for sending me that link. It was good to connect with some real life tarot people. A good first step to manifestation.

Grigori

I saw some post-tarot-tribe excitement about you work. Disappointed I couldn't be there, have had an atrocious flu this week and not up to the trip yet. Had to have a nap after exhausting myself putting a photo hook into the wall :laugh: Hope to see you there another time :)

catboxer

That's an absolutely awesome set of cards by a professional artist.

I hope you finish them.

In my own experience, I found the only way to do that is to lay everything else aside and push on relentlessly, with the goal of producing a completed card each day.

Working at that speed, you don't worry about perfection, but just getting it done.