Asherah Tarot, originally the Sarah Magdalene Tarot

salamandrina

So I'm getting closer to completion now (yes it always takes much longer than you'd think). I'm glad I didn't rush anything. Came to the decision that I won't use the name Sarah Magdalene. For two reasons; firstly it gives people the impression I am creating a Mary Magdalene theme deck , which I am most certainly not; and secondly because it feels a bit arrogant labelling myself a Magdalene. It's a bit like calling yourself the Messiah. Well, I'm not the Magdalene I'm just a very naughty lady. Sarah Magdalene feels like a cocoon that I have now out grown. Really I'm more of an Inanna than a Magdalene. ;)

I've started writing the book to go with the deck and that process is changing the deck itself so I am still going really. Who knows when I'll publish...hopefully early next year.
I've decided to use my real name Sarah Wheatley and haven't yet decided on a name for the deck. I opened a Facebook page where I am putting updates...please like if you are interested:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Wheatley/1412409295654775

Sarah Magdalene Wordpress is still there as well but I don't update that very often. I am in the process of figuring out what kind of site I will need. Perhaps I will look for a publisher before I do that.
I'd say the likelihood is I will DIY though.
Thank you all for you encouragement and support <3

FLizarraga

Your Facebook page has been liked... :)

The few cards I have been able to see are really beautiful. :thumbsup: Please, do keep us posted.

salamandrina

Thank you! :)
I still have some images on my Wordpress...
http://sarahmagdalene.com/

though some of those have changed quite a bit.
Everything is in flux right now but hopefully approaching some kind of conclusion.

One thing I can say is I haven't stopped working on it for 8 years, pretty much full time.
Madness!

Grigori

It's great to see this continuing Salamandrina, I look forward to seeing a finished deck :)

salamandrina

Its never stopped continuing...I just went underground for a while because I got so deep into it. I have to say I just get more and more fascinated by the project as time goes on.

Grigori

Great seeing the new cards salamandrina. I just had air con installed in my bedroom to cope with the heat, and am still worried the air con guy may be coming back to steal that Lust print off my wall haha He was keen to make is a present for his girlfriend

goldenquince

Love your concepts and all the detail in the artwork...very intricate without taking away from the meaning. Awesome.