Ghost Spreads.

BleuReynard

Hey guys.

I feel awkward asking for this, but does anyone have any ghost spreads? Just a spread to find out if a place is haunted.

It started with my sister claiming her 2 year old daughter has been talking to with a ghost. When my sister asked who she was playing with, (thinking it was some imaginary friend,) my niece pointed to the urn with her father's mother's ashes on the top cabinet in the living room.
The boy in the apartment above them says he was attacked by a male ghost. His mother found bruises and odd marks on her child's body. Since then he sleeps in the same room she dose. He still has random attacks during the day.

There are two less creepy situations, again involving kids.
One being a little girl belonging to a friend of mine saying she's being watched in her sleep. They just moved into a new house where the last resident died (they found out from the neighbors after buying the house). The mother is into Tarot as well. She has a large crystal cleansing wand that her daughter actively seeks when she feels she is being watched. With it under her pillow the uneasiness goes away.
My Fiancee's cousin had a new house where her son feared sleeping in his own room. Since owing the place to when they sold it, he couldn't enter that room alone. He never mentioned ghosts, but he did get a feeling of deep dread.

In all four situations, I have been at the houses with my cards. I could have done a read, but had no clue what spread to use.

Currently I'm suffering with the paranoia of someone walking my hall. From the corner of my eye I see someone walking back and forth down and up the hall. I have been alone all day, so this could easily be a "Dryad" type syndrome. It's common when the brain tries to make people out of shadows so you don't feel as alone.
Speaking of Dryads, my Fiancee uses the Faerie Oracles by Brian Fraud. Maybe it has something to do with that.

The children's ghosts could be the children's imagination. I don't mean to sound crazy there could be perfectly logical answers to every one of these.

So again, is there any spreads that could help? Please, no Yes/No spreads. I'd like to get a more detailed read then that.

celticnoodle

Bleu, I would recommend a number of things to pass on to these people--perhaps protection and a blessing of their home, with the children involved in the activity as well. there are a lot of ways to do this, but here are a few websites to give you some ideas, and you can also do a search here on AT, looking for "protection rituals", as tehre are plenty described here on this site too.

http://www.mojomoon.net/protect.html
http://www.wiccanwisdom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1476

As for tarot spreads, you can just ask specific questions and lay out one to however many cards you wish for the answer per question. no real need for a spread to find out. however, if you want a spread, you can also look here for one that satisfies your needs:

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=56

Its not unusual for children to 'see' and 'talk' with spirits, really. their innocence makes it so they are easily able to see and talk with spirits. Usually, they grow up and forget all about this and lose this ability.

I would be afraid for the boy who is getting bruised and such though. that doesn't sound good. So, I think perhaps a good cleaning of the house and a house blessing is very much required. Also for the little girl who has to sleep with a wand under her pillow. Good Luck!

I always bless our home(s) when we first move in, with holy water, (I get mine from the Catholic Church, free of charge, but you can also make your own holy water), by making a cross above every window and door in the house--including the interior doors (bedroom doors for example). I also put a St. Benedict medal above every door and window too--as he protects from burglaries and home break ins. and, I have various other 'blessings' we do as I was taught in my family & my family did for generations.

Bhavana

Children do have wonderful imaginations, this is true, but they also have the ability to see things that their little minds have not yet been taught to shut out. My aunt lived in a house where strange things happened, and my cousin Missy, who was a toddler when they moved in and 7 or 8 when they moved out, would have long long conversations at night with someone she called "Hyata"....then during the day, while playing in the yard, she would look up at her bedroom window on the 2nd floor and talk to him, as if he were standing in the window. Other odd things happened there, the house was old, a rowhome in a small city - but no one really knew the full history of it. I think, though, that if there are ghosts, a child is the one who will be most likely to see them.

While I don't know any specific spreads on hauntings, you could probably find one doing an online search, or do as CN said, just try a general question asking thread. One thing I recommend for those involved is that they do not make too much of a big deal about it in front of the kids...most spirits are not going to hurt anyone.

Amanda

I think you need a medium, not a tarot spread! :)

But, if you want to investigate these happenings further with tarot, I would sit down and write down your most burning questions and logically formulate a spread customized for each situation.

Do you want to find out more about the entity, or do you want to find out more of a way to help the living dealing with the entity or entities?

I think if you're simply curious about the entity, you could formulate a small spread like:

1. Describe the strongest ghostly presence that resides in this house:
2. What do they want?
3. How can I help them?
4. Additional information:
5. Additional advice:

If you want to help the living people involved, I would really recommend a medium who can interact with the spirit(s), and do any removal, blessings, or cleansings that might need to be done.

amethyst57

first of all, protection is needed for your whole family and your house....
sage incense works for me....
and after your reading, salt the four corners of each room and the house
itself...and each floor....

any bad spirits will leave and stay gone....

to communicate...do you have a pendulum?
do you have a konxari deck?
use them after the protection is put up...

as far as tarot, i just use random cards, and ask the W's and the H....

who is here with me?
what do you want from my family?
when did you pass away?
why are you still here?
where in this house are you?
how can we help you?

questions like that, anyway....

any good familiar spirits will stay if you want them to....
a lot of imaginary friends turn out to be passed family members...

the one i in the hall is residual....could be banished if you ask it to go, remind
it they are dead....no it sounds silly, but some don't know, they passed
suddenly....
good luck!

BleuReynard

Well I'm glad this has been given serious consideration.

As for protection, some things have already been set in place:

My friend in town who's into the Tarot (the one with the crystal wand) has smudged her house several times. Sadly, she has taken a guilty religious turn on me. She feels she has turned her back on the church by using the Tarot and hasn't touched the cards in months. This is upsetting as her owns both Guided and Rider decks. Both are very "Christian safe" in my opinion. Getting the holy water might be her best choice. Thank you, Celticnoodle.

The other 3 have not done anything as far as I know.
My sister might be hesitant to cleanse her apartment if it is indeed her mother-in-law.
The cousin has moved last month, so that room is someone else's problem now.

The more serious problem with the attacking ghost, I'm wondering about. The child is a typical hyper boy and his mother is... odd. I don't want to say abusive, but my sister choose not to have her as a babysitter anymore after she almost physically attacked my brother-in-law. This woman seems to have a bipolar man hate about her. The marks could be from normal rough playing around or from the mother herself. You have to wonder if it's a male ghost, or it's because of men he's being hurt.
Also, would cleansing the top apartment remove my the ghost one apartment down?

As for my own place, my landlord lives upstairs from us. His wife gets sick every time I burn incense. When I asked her if I could burn sage she looked at me like I was some kind of freak. The real pain is that she hasn't been here for the past week and I just found out when she came back. It's like Ganesha likes throwing obstacles in my way. I have been able to cleanse my divining area, but that's it.

I do indeed have a pendulum Amethyst57, coincidentally it's amethyst.

The spread I would like is one to tell me IF THERE IS something supernatural going on. Not a "WHY is this place haunted, and please give me the details".

I have already checked the Spread listings months ago for something that might help. The one ghost spread I found takes for granted that the house is indeed haunted.

I'll look over the index again. It seems there are some I missed the last few times.

Thank you everybody who replied. :) I'm happy there is a place I can ask such questions and get advice. You guys are great.

Added:
The Wiccan Wisdom link is interesting. The Angelica oil is new to me. Seems popular from a quick Google search.
Mojomoon is worth reading over. Thanks. :)

Amethyst57, I agree that the hall images could be residual. They, or it is weak. There is no sound or interaction, only movement. My apartment building was a "party house" renown in this town. The former owners would live upstairs where my landlord is and use the lower apartment for guests and parties. The far bedroom door is covered in childish scribblings and comments about sex. I imagine a teenaged girl had that room for a time. The septic tank had a layer of floating condoms we had pumped out. What I'm trying to get to is that this house had had a fair share of activity before the bank took it over. It had been unoccupied for 4 years before my landlord bought it. A residual haunting is not out of the question.
As well, (I'm reluctant to say) I've seen a ghost before. I was at a friend's place, sitting at a card table beside the stairs. She came walking down the stairs toward me. I thought it was my friend returning from the kitchen with pop. When I called his name and looked up, he walked out of the washroom and the ghost disappeared. It seems I can't look directly at them.

Please, if anyone has anything extra to add it is welcome.
I'm thinking about making my own Cross spread if I can't find one here, not that I have any way to find out if it's correct or not. LOL

amethyst57

Well I'm glad this has been given serious consideration.

As for protection, some things have already been set in place:

My friend in town who's into the Tarot (the one with the crystal wand) has smudged her house several times. Sadly, she has taken a guilty religious turn on me. She feels she has turned her back on the church by using the Tarot and hasn't touched the cards in months. This is upsetting as her owns both Guided and Rider decks. Both are very "Christian safe" in my opinion. Getting the holy water might be her best choice. Thank you, Celticnoodle.

The more serious problem with the attacking ghost, I'm wondering about. The child is a typical hyper boy and his mother is... odd. I don't want to say abusive, but my sister choose not to have her as a babysitter anymore after she almost physically attacked my brother-in-law. This woman seems to have a bipolar man hate about her. The marks could be from normal rough playing around or from the mother herself. You have to wonder if it's a male ghost, or it's because of men he's being hurt.
Also, would cleansing the top apartment remove my the ghost one apartment down?

As for my own place, my landlord lives upstairs from us. His wife gets sick every time I burn incense. When I asked her if I could burn sage she looked at me like I was some kind of freak. The real pain is that she hasn't been here for the past week and I just found out when she came back. It's like Ganesha likes throwing obstacles in my way. I have been able to cleanse my divining area, but that's it.

I do indeed have a pendulum Amethyst57, coincidentally it's amethyst.

if not incense, may be a oil infuser or something it....i use stick incense, not 'bundle' of sage...kinda strange it gets to another room....makes me wonder if she's knows and just complains to be nitpicky, or really allergic,idk...

a firm voice at the spirits can be a help too....even if you use a bit of profanity...
tell them to leave YOUR home and family...to leave your building right now...
this worked for me to rid our building of wandering spirits of the cowboys and natives that
use to bother me and my son in my apartment....no more whispering, pacing, thumping,shampoo bottles getting knocked down into the tub, etc...

Hiding in Shadows

The pendulum is the best thing mentioned so far, IMO. I judge that using sage is out of the question. If it's residual, you won't be able to get rid of it anyway. Do you only want to know if the place is haunted, or are you looking to identify who it may be? Unless your intuition is in high gear, tarot will probably only confuse you in this situation.
However, why not do some investigating to see what you come up with? It's really easy to do and you probably have enough equipment already. Take pictures, either digital or film, and look for things that dont belong. You're looking for shadows, light, blurrs, figures, and little balls of light. Watch out for dust, bugs, and reflections. I take two pictures at a time to compare. If something looks out of place, try to find a logical explanation first, before jumping to any conclusions.
A digital recorder is the next thing you should get your hands on. Just sit in each room and talk to whatever you feel may be present. Give a few seconds between questions. Make sure animals are outside and the environment is as quiet as possible. You'll have to listen to every second of the recording closely. You'd be surprised at what you can get this way. Warning: It may scare you. If so, let a third party evaluate the recording.
A High EMF Field emitted from an electrical device will cause feelings of being watched and dread. These meters can be purchased for as low as $25.00. Handy, but not necessary. If there is a high EMF field in the house, that can be fixed.
Just some tips. You may want to contact a local paranormal group. Most will investigate for no charge. Watch a few episodes of Ghost Hunters to get a better idea of how an investigation goes.

amethyst57

don't really need an emf meter...an ordinary compass will let you know if spirits are around...the needle will stop pointing true north, point elsewhere, wave erratically, or go in circles...
get a creepy,watched feeling?
watch your compass...

i use my pendulum and konxaris more when talking to spirits....
pendulum used with a ouija board is even better than used alone....
if you want more than just yes or no answers....

BleuReynard

I said "screw it" and smudged the whole damned apartment. I heard some extra talking from upstairs but they never came down to complain.
My apartment is bad for sounds and smells. I can hear the landlord's answering machine when they are out of town, and nearly every word of conversation he has with his wife. When they cook supper, you can tell. That is why she can smell my incense. I can't blame her; I use cones and they get oily. This is also why I'm reluctant to do recordings. If I don't pick up my cats, I'll pick up the Landlady above me (she's currently unemployed).

Since smudging I noticed that my apartment is less dark. It's odd. In the dead of night with all lights off I could see clearly down the hall. There are no windows to allow moon light. Maybe it's just me, but everything seems more clear, like getting new glasses. Who knows? That was just one night.

My pendulum is very attuned to me, but I am unsure if I can trust it. I have experimented with around 20 of them over 6 months before choosing the one I own. It holds dead still then slightly swings in reply.
There are three reasons I don't trust it.
1, Pendulums have been proven to work with the slight movement of the body. They give you answers you already know but might not know. Amnesia patents are given them to help bring back lost memories.
2, When buying it, rather then asking it questions I outright told it "give me a yes" or "give me a no". It answered perfectly, I shouldn't have been giving it orders.
3, I have been using a right to left swing as no (like shaking your head), and a towards and away swing as a yes (like nodding). The diagrams on-line show different results. I should trust my own judgment, but I am unsure if I'm getting the right answer or the one I want. Later I will test it.

If I was to choose between the pendulum and the Tarot, I would choose the Tarot. I find the cards are more brutally honest.
The type of spread I am looking for should be a bit more detailed then "yes it's haunted, or no". If I was allowed to be picky I'd want one that answers more like, "Yes, this is possibly why." and "No, this is possibly why not".

As far as checking for electrical interference resulting in feelings of dread, I agree. I too watch Ghost Hunters :). I would trust the two American hosts with background in electrical then I would a machine that I operate. When my sister told me about the boy's problem I looked into various "Ghost hunting" equipment for shits and giggles. Most reviews were bleak. If you don't know what you are doing you could buy a crap tool or easily misuse it. Most ignorant users find that their microwave is haunted. Revenge of the Pizza Pop, or is it the high electrical out put? Some tools work on tilt. Say you feel your bed is haunted. You would lean towards it when looking at the reading. The machine would pick this up and give you a desired reading.