Ghost Spreads.

amethyst57

As far as checking for electrical interference resulting in feelings of dread, I agree. I too watch Ghost Hunters :). I would trust the two American hosts with background in electrical then I would a machine that I operate. When my sister told me about the boy's problem I looked into various "Ghost hunting" equipment for shits and giggles. Most reviews were bleak. If you don't know what you are doing you could buy a crap tool or easily misuse it. Most ignorant users find that their microwave is haunted. Revenge of the Pizza Pop, or is it the high electrical out put? Some tools work on tilt. Say you feel your bed is haunted. You would lean towards it when looking at the reading. The machine would pick this up and give you a desired reading.

all the more reason to get a compass...even a breaker box does not interfer with them....so you get only spirit presence detection.....and they are cheaper....

celticnoodle

Well I'm glad this has been given serious consideration.

As for protection, some things have already been set in place:

My friend in town who's into the Tarot (the one with the crystal wand) has smudged her house several times. Sadly, she has taken a guilty religious turn on me. She feels she has turned her back on the church by using the Tarot and hasn't touched the cards in months. This is upsetting as her owns both Guided and Rider decks. Both are very "Christian safe" in my opinion. Getting the holy water might be her best choice. Thank you, Celticnoodle.
yw. :)

The other 3 have not done anything as far as I know.
My sister might be hesitant to cleanse her apartment if it is indeed her mother-in-law.
The cousin has moved last month, so that room is someone else's problem now.

The more serious problem with the attacking ghost, I'm wondering about. The child is a typical hyper boy and his mother is... odd. I don't want to say abusive, but my sister choose not to have her as a babysitter anymore after she almost physically attacked my brother-in-law. This woman seems to have a bipolar man hate about her. The marks could be from normal rough playing around or from the mother herself. You have to wonder if it's a male ghost, or it's because of men he's being hurt.
Also, would cleansing the top apartment remove my the ghost one apartment down?
well, having known bi-polar people and other people w/other mental disabilities, yes, what you stated about the mother and son is a strong possibility. as for cleansing one apt. to rid all the apartments--not necessarily. its just like if you only cleaned one corner of the home and not the other 3, or blessed one door and not the other doors and windows.

As for my own place, my landlord lives upstairs from us. His wife gets sick every time I burn incense. When I asked her if I could burn sage she looked at me like I was some kind of freak. The real pain is that she hasn't been here for the past week and I just found out when she came back. It's like Ganesha likes throwing obstacles in my way. I have been able to cleanse my divining area, but that's it.
well, I must say, I don't like burning sage or a lot of other herbs either. it does smell bad in my opinion. but that is an individual choice.

I do indeed have a pendulum Amethyst57, coincidentally it's amethyst.
:p

The spread I would like is one to tell me IF THERE IS something supernatural going on. Not a "WHY is this place haunted, and please give me the details".

I have already checked the Spread listings months ago for something that might help. The one ghost spread I found takes for granted that the house is indeed haunted.

I'll look over the index again. It seems there are some I missed the last few times.

Thank you everybody who replied. :) I'm happy there is a place I can ask such questions and get advice. You guys are great.

Added:
The Wiccan Wisdom link is interesting. The Angelica oil is new to me. Seems popular from a quick Google search.
Mojomoon is worth reading over. Thanks. :)

Amethyst57, I agree that the hall images could be residual. They, or it is weak. There is no sound or interaction, only movement. My apartment building was a "party house" renown in this town. The former owners would live upstairs where my landlord is and use the lower apartment for guests and parties. The far bedroom door is covered in childish scribblings and comments about sex. I imagine a teenaged girl had that room for a time. The septic tank had a layer of floating condoms we had pumped out. What I'm trying to get to is that this house had had a fair share of activity before the bank took it over. It had been unoccupied for 4 years before my landlord bought it. A residual haunting is not out of the question.
As well, (I'm reluctant to say) I've seen a ghost before. I was at a friend's place, sitting at a card table beside the stairs. She came walking down the stairs toward me. I thought it was my friend returning from the kitchen with pop. When I called his name and looked up, he walked out of the washroom and the ghost disappeared. It seems I can't look directly at them.

Please, if anyone has anything extra to add it is welcome.
I'm thinking about making my own Cross spread if I can't find one here, not that I have any way to find out if it's correct or not. LOL

well...I think, and I can be wrong...that IF you've seen a spirit, then you have mediumistic abilities. It may not manifest itself again, or it may. If you work on developing it--then it most surely WILL happen again--probably when you least expect it. This said, even people who have never seen spirits can develop these abilities, but having definitely seen one is a sure sign, IMHO.

I think now, hearing this whole story, that it is possible that it is residual energy. I think you can still rid yourself of this energy by doing some blessings and such that do not involve burning sage or any other herb. salting and holy water are very effective and NO aromas! :thumbsup: however, also know that negative ways can bring in negative spirits and positive-positive. If that possilbe bi-polar woman is indeed like you say she is, even w/o realizing it or meaning to be, it is negative and will indeed attract negative energies there.

I know of a family, who the mother was/is bi-polar and is a very dark, mean hearted woman. Her son, happens to be a psychic, and unfortunately for him, when he was about 12 or 13 or so, he had a bad spirit attack him. It scared him so badly that he is terribly frightened of any spirit activity he experiences now, even though he also has had many calmer and nicer spirits come his way. He has asked me for guidance in getting rid of his abilities.

His mother was, obviously a regular visitor in his home when he grew up, married and had a family of his own. Once he KNEW there were negative energies in his home, and at the time I was running psychic circles. He asked me to take pictures of him home and esp. the rooms where he most felt the negativity to see what we could get. Being too familiar with the history, I just shared the pics w/the other mediums and psychics and stayed out of it, save to acknoweldge with a yes or no if they got things 100% correct. For the things I did not know, I passed the information on to this family and they gave fb on it. It was amazing what was picked up--properly. The mediums and psychics seemed to focus on certain objects in these rooms that they felt were holding the negative energies. They described these objects very vividly--and you know what? they were ALL given to the family by his bipolar mother.

Well, it was not long after that, this woman and her son and family had a huge awful fall out. they no longer have anythign to do with each other, as sad as it sounds, and the guy also ended up getting rid of those items--after awhile. (yard sales, etc.) his wife also did the ritual cleansings that I recommended to them and soon, they realized that the negative vibes that were in the house were suddenly - GONE! :bugeyed: so, he is now convinced that it must have had to do with a combination of his mothers negativity, the items he had in his home from her and the final getting rid of it all.

Maybe he is right. Maybe it had nothing to do with his mom or the objects. who know? but the home has been full of positive energy and love for the last 4yrs. since getting rid of the objects and his mother too. *shrugs*.

BleuReynard

Please, no Yes/No spreads.

The spread I would like is one to tell me IF THERE IS something supernatural going on. Not a "WHY is this place haunted, and please give me the details".

The type of spread I am looking for should be a bit more detailed then "yes it's haunted, or no". If I was allowed to be picky I'd want one that answers more like, "Yes, this is possibly why." and "No, this is possibly why not".

Ugh, I kinda contradicted myself there. :(

As for the compass, that would be great. I don't have one, but I can look around for one during the week if there is need. The smudging might have worked for my apartment. My sister lives 3.5 to 4 hours away in a different city, I'll suggest she tries the compass herself.

amethyst57

a Native friend advised me to use white sage stick incense....
less of an allergen, and it works well...smells way better, too...
doesn't smell like pot, lol.....

Aulruna

Moderator note

Hi people,

this is just a short reminder that the Tarot Spreads forum is really just for sharing spreads and/or discussing specific spreads.

Please stick to spreads. Spirituality would be the place to discuss ghost issues, but it is a Subscriber forum.

Kind regards
Aulruna, moderator

BleuReynard

Yep, still looking for a spread.

I am happy with the other suggestions given, but feared this thread would be moved to "Talking Tarot" for the exact reason stated above.

celticnoodle

How 'bout this one?

*****2*****
6**3*1*4**7
*****5*****

1: The Spirit/Being (basic information)
2: Where it came from
3/4: about its Life
5. About its Death

6: Why it chose to follow (you)
7: How to rid yourself of it if it intends to hurt (you)
(If it does not want to hurt (you), then how to draw it closer to (you))

BleuReynard

Thank you Celtic

The problem with that one is that it is taking for granted that there is a haunting.
That is my issue with the few spreads I found.

Amanda

Thank you Celtic

The problem with that one is that it is taking for granted that there is a haunting.
That is my issue with the few spreads I found.

So, basically you want to know if there is a haunting or not, but without asking a yes or no question...?

Try a pendulum to ask if yes there is, or no there isn't. That seems much easier than trying to do this with tarot and not asking a yes/no question.

Or just ask, "what do I need to know about this house being haunted or not?" and pull a card and see what you get.