What Are You Currently Reading?

foolMoon

Magick Book 4, Liber ABA, Aleister Crowley

This book is very large and heavy, and looks interesting. Mysticism, Magick and The Book of Law in one volume.

smw

This book is very large and heavy, and looks interesting. Mysticism, Magick and The Book of Law in one volume.

ahh... that would have been better than the tiny print section 3 on Magic in Theory etc that I bought on it's own :p

foolMoon

ahh... that would have been better than the tiny print section 3 on Magic in Theory etc that I bought on it's own :p

You got it as well? Cool. Smaller lighter book would be great for taking around while out. Yup, this book is the largest and heaviest in my Occult library. I need a new book shelf now :)

I changed my signature from the quote in the book. :D

daphne

Austin Coppock's book on the decans. It's astrology oriented, but relates to tarot too. I'm enjoying it so far :)

What is the name of the book, please, I could not find it on amazon.

orkneyfaerie

Tarot for yourself, working my way through it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Spiffo

What is the name of the book, please, I could not find it on amazon.

Austin Coppock's book is called 36 Faces and is only available from Three Hands Press or Austin's own website. Google will get you to either. Well worth hunting out though. It's proved one of the most fascinating books I've ever read. It's completely transformed the way I work with the Minor Arcana.

RiverRunsDeep

Just finishing "The Open Reading" by Yoav Ben Dov. When I finish it, I plan to start over and read it a second time, it is THAT good. It has given me amazing insight into reading with TdM decks, as well as card reading in general. Such a wealth of information!

Redfaery

Just finished "Tarot 101" and I think I'm going to read it again!

foolMoon

Tarot and Magic by Donald Michael Kraig

This book is written in everyday conversational English, so it was easy read, and very approachable. It covers various magics that can be performed by Tarot. It even covers Sex Magic and Ceremonial Magic.

Kraig talks about his near death experience when he was working with Amprodias spririt from Crowley's Liber231 in this book, and it is a bit scary, but he says that the experience was positive for his spritual awakening in the end.

Overall interesting book and would be good for introduction to Magick and quick reference for Tarot Magic topics too.

Sadly the author has passed away a couple of years ago from cancer. RIP DMK

EmpyreanKnight

After a hiatus, I'm ready to immerse myself in the Thoth again. I plan to do an in-depth study of the following:

1. Tarot: Mirror of the Soul by Gerard Ziegler
2. Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo Duquette
3. The Ultimate Guide to the Thoth Tarot by Johannes Fiebig and Evelin Burger
4. Tarot and the Magus by Paul Hughes-Barlow

I still have Banzhaf's and Snuffin's books on my wish list. Once I'm ready to ride the Big Kahuna, I'll be wading into the Liber 777 first, before going all out on the Book of Thoth.