Mystical Cats Tarot - Grace XIV (Temperance)

Onaorkal

A Chocolate Point Siamese cat (or maybe is it a Tonkinese?) is walking on top of a stone wall situated in the sea. They don't look bothered by the strong waves hitting the wall from both sides and the water level reaching quite high. In fact, the water doesn't seem to touch the cat at all!
In the foam coming from the right side, part of a rainbow is clearly visible.
In the stones ahead of the cat, faint markings of fossils are visible on the surface.
A bit further behind the cat, the wall seems to stop abruptly.
In the top left corner of the card, we can see part of the shore, with some foliage and the lower part of an abrupt cliff. There seems to be an entrance to a cave.
On the right, we can see the horizon line, a peaceful sea and bright blue sky with a few distant birds and some diffuse white clouds.

Colors : Mainly blue.

Overall, this card speaks about life balance and the book explains this well. "This blending of control and freedom is what gives us balance." The author also points out to the need to accept the periods of vulnerability that sometimes emerge in our lives. The first thing that should be done is "[f]ind that place of inner harmony [...]". Once you are able to calm down and get back on your feet, your life can resume with new gained wisdom. It's called the "ability to adapt" and is one great skill to have in our arsenal, but not an easy one to master.

Symbols :

Siamese/Tonkinese cat : These 2 breeds are commonly known as being amongst the most agile and smart ones. It makes them a totally relevant choice to represent grace and balance.

Fossils in the stonewall : To me, it seems to indicate that the wall was made from quite old stones/rock. This cat is walking an old pathway, the same path many cats walked before them. They are aware of this and know the wall is solid and can be trusted. Therefore they walk without fear, looking straight ahead at their future.

The wall abruptly stopping behind the cat : To me it means you can't go back, whatever happens you have to go forward.

Bridge : The cat uses the stonewall as a bridge to go from one point to another through the sea. It's a symbol for transition.

The contrast stone vs water : In this card, 2 elements are powerfully depicted. The strong, stable and immutable stone, representing the Earth element. And the unstable, fierce and unpredictable waves, representant of the Water element.
In tarot, the Earth (pentacles) suit is about the tangible world and security. In contrast, the Sea (cups) suit is about emotions and imagination.
This duality shows well in the message this card holds. Beware of your unstable feelings, don't let your insecurities push you away from your path. Believe in yourself and the life path you're building, for it should be solid enough to protect you against the occasional instabilities.

Waves : Common symbol for overwhelming emotions.

Ocean/Sea : Has many different symbolism, but generally represents life, with its mysterious depths and unpredictable movements.

Rainbow : Holds varied symbolism, but in this particular case, it probably refers to the aspects of enlightement and transformation. Also, rainbows are in the shape of an arch, which is a symbol of new paths and possibilities.

Birds : They are far and look tiny on this card, but they are definitely present. Birds symbolize freedom, liberation.

Cliff and cave : The focus of this card is not supposed to be on this part, but I can't help going back to it. It's a rather personal hypothesis here, but in the shape of the cliff, I see paws, as if a giant cat had been carved in the rock. Right below I see the entrance to a cave. To me, there is an invisible line going from this cave to the stonewall on which the cat is now walking. I see this cave as a symbol of the womb, where we are protected until we are born and pushed into the vastness of the ocean/universe.