Planet Series: The SUN & MOON relationship -- a PARTICIPATION thread.

prudence

delete

thanks

isthmus nekoi

An astro link on lunar phases:
http://starcats.com/lunar.html

I think of the sun and moon as the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems respectively and both as needs. The sun shows the needs for vitality, stimulation, at an extreme, fight or flight. The moon shows the needs for security, relaxation, "lie down and be fed".

I consider problems w/the moon more severe than problems w/the sun b/c as it has been pointed out, the moon is very primal and instinctual.

I've got a balsamic moon in my chart, 11th, 12th house, so that's a PROPHET phase in this thread. Gauging by other people's behaviours, it is very easy for me to let important things go, even things like important relationships or values etc if I see fit. I also don't accumulate material things like most people. If I could describe this phase in conjunction with the houses implicated, it is that most people seem to view their development as building, as cumulative, whereas I see my "growth" in more destructive terms - you strip away more and more of yourself, more of what is unnecessary. Other people tend to be hard on the outside, but peel away their defenses and they become vulnerable, more soft. I feel like the opposite - the deeper in you go, the harder it gets and the more it is required of me to strip away another layer.

firecatpickles

I hope I am not too late. I am reading carefully through these planet series threads from the beginning.

Perhaps a little background: I am getting pretty heavily into the Minchiate tarot with its wonderful zodiac cards. There are emerging patterns the more I learn about astrology in the layout of that deck. The natural progression is for me to study astrology.

Anywho --Sun-Moon semi-sextile at 30 degrees in the 1st & 2nds Houses resp.

~Reece

Armspt

HI. I've been reading this thread and haven't found any information for my sun and moon positions, wich are opposite. Maybe I haven't red it with attention. Anyway, if anyone can help me here...

Sun - 1st house - 1 Libra 20'24"
Moon - 5th house - 27 Pisces 42'34"

Thank you.

dadsnook2000

For Armspt

In this same thread, the 7th posting talks about Sun-Moon phase relationships where the Moon reaches the "Analyst" phase and the "Seeker" phase. This applies to you as you were born at a time when the Moon was leaving one phase and was about to enter the next phase. Interpret the meanings given as if you were finalizing the lessons of the analyst phase so that you could better address the lessons of the seeker phase. Forget about the sign meanings for now. Understand the primary dynamics of these two important bodies first. Then consider how they work in the houses. The signs are a distant effect at best. I don't use them in professional level work. Dave

firecatpickles

What about the 1st & 2nd Houses --and what does the Analyst have to do with the Performer?

firecatpickles

Never mind --I see you were answering the person's question after me.

dadsnook2000

For kilts_knave

How did you find the information about the Performer Phase fitting your Sun and Moon? Dave

firecatpickles

Yes. I have a definite Performer personality. As a child I was in several major stage productions in my local little theater & went on to get a masters in organ performance. I was trying to figure in the significance of the 1st & 2nd houses in terms of the Sun-Moon significance. I have made a pretty good living out of my performing type personality. I "feel" the part & it is a part of my personality that effects (overrides) my entire personality, from the clothes I wear to the car I drive to my home. The negative aspect is my tendency to "play the part" for others even if this means ultimately my own unhappiness (probably a too strong a term, as I am the happiest miserable person one will ever meet.)

I am playing around with the Secondary Progression Chart you mention here, and I am approaching an Sun-sesquiquadrate-Moon position.

So, as I am in the tail-end of an "activist" phase; where I have been reassessing my place in the world (as a teacher like my father); I try to figure whether or not to change career paths completely, & to go into the medical field instead of teaching.

This method points out to me that it should be in the "analyst" stage that I look into career options, which according to my secondary progression will be a few weeks before my 38th birthday and a few weeks following.

July 17, 1969 5:30 a.m.