Chinese Astrological Sign?

Demonesse

Actually, you wouldn't want to be a fire horse. Somehow, it's considered a very troublesome sign because the Chinese believe that children, especially females, born in the year of the Fire Horse will bring disaster to their families. :p Tiger females are also considered trouble. The Chinese are a very male-oriented culture, after all.

You're a Water Ox. There are twelve animal signs, and five elements. You are born into one sign, which also corresponds to one element depending on your birthdate (they circulate). There is no such thing as a monthly or rising sign or houses and planets, etc.

I should start charging for this. Okay, from now on I'll charge for a Chinese astrological reading. Anyone interested can PM me. :p

Ursula

i'm a tiger, baby

and it fits!

A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is "moderation in all things." Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will accomplish much.

yeah still working on that ;)

i looked up my element & was pleased (but not super surprised!) to find that my element is Water. i've always been a water baby, felt an intimate connection to water, so it definitely fits, too! not sure how "quiet" i am LOL, but i do have a tendency to try too hard to be what others want me to be. here's the full description:

Water

Those of you born under the influence of the Chinese Astrology Element of Water act with the assured fluidity of a river, affecting your environment with your strength and quiet charm. Creative and captivating, diplomatic and intuitive, Water individuals are the masters of subtle persuasion. Without even appearing to try, you can gain someone's trust and affection, and once you've got them they'll follow you anywhere. You make everyone feel special, noting and praising each person's unique talents.

Your inherent pliability, the fluid calm that makes you so appealing, can also make you sometimes too passive, too willing to be what someone wants you to be. You tend to take the shape of whatever container you're poured into.Rather than letting others dam up your energies, let yourself flow freely!

thanks for a fun topic!

~Urs :OL

purplelady

Demonesse said:
purplelady: erm, dragon rising?

Yes, Dragon Rising. I suppose for the purposes of this thread it's called the "hour" sign. I have a book on chinese astrology that gives a sign for every 2 hour period of the 24 hour day. It's like the rising sign or ascendant in western astrology.
So I'm born in the year of the water tiger with Dragon hour (or rising)
I'm not always sure which I am , a dragon or a tiger?!
rowr!

napaea

haven't read through all of these remarks yet, whew!

i am a Rooster, (or cock ;) but don't know the element. i will look through here more thoroughly to see if there is a recommended site for seeing what my element is?!

i am also a taurus, so, a cocka-doodle-bull?

napaea

hnmmmm...looking but not finding a website for this info? help?
are you guys still telling people what their signs are? can anyone help me? especially because

":quote" Roosters (the following is according to the BOOKS I have read, this in NO way reflects my personal opinion about anyone born in the year of the Rooster) are attractive, sharp, neat, confident and overambitious
* mostly ok

(full of grand schemes), and love to argue and debate
* ewww! like to DISCUSS, hate debating

- and consequently are lacking in tact.
* i'm very tactful and careful

However, a Rooster is excellent with money, l
* ha! if your talking about SPENDING it, yeah

while one born at night is serious, uncommunicative,
* i am serious in many ways, but a hugerific talker! ;)

Pollux

Re: i'm a tiger, baby

Ursula said:
Those of you born under the influence of the Chinese Astrology Element of Water act with the assured fluidity of a river, affecting your environment with your strength and quiet charm. Creative and captivating, diplomatic and intuitive, Water individuals are the masters of subtle persuasion. Without even appearing to try, you can gain someone's trust and affection, and once you've got them they'll follow you anywhere. You make everyone feel special, noting and praising each person's unique talents.
THIS IS EXACTLY ME! :D

Ursula said:
Your inherent pliability, the fluid calm that makes you so appealing, can also make you sometimes too passive, too willing to be what someone wants you to be. You tend to take the shape of whatever container you're poured into.Rather than letting others dam up your energies, let yourself flow freely!
THIS IS NOT AT ALL ME! :D *LOL*

And yep Naèaea, that Rooster sounds like me as well. Apart from the money thingie. :rolleyes: *LOL*

Demonesse, is there an element also for Hour Signs?
And how are elements associated? Do they rotate as signs or they go in dozen of years (like 12 years Water, 12 years Fire and son on...)? I know I could read a book or search, but this is so easier! :D *LOL*

Demonesse

Purplelady: Yes, that's correct. It is, not, however, called a rising sign.

Napaea: Actually, what I wrote about the Rooster is the "condensed" version. It would also depend on the exact hour and birth element.

Pollux: Look it up :p:p:p:p:p

napaea

ok, so again i ask,
is there a website where this info is available? or a recommended book?