The Vampire Diaries Love Sucks Spread (5 Cards)

Glass Owl

The Vampire Diaries Love Sucks Spread (5 Cards) by Glass Owl

Based on the CW's television show, "The Vampire Diaries."

--1--
3-5-4
--2--

1. Stefan: What motivates you to be a better person?

2. Damon: What force in your life can turn destructive if it isn't kept in check?

3. Katherine: What aspect of your past continues to haunt you in the present?

4. Elena: What truth do you need to see about yourself?

5. Unrequited Love: What is it that you want that you can't have?

(Thanks goes to my hubby for helping with this one.)

Golden Moon

Very good and dark spread. I bet I can answer myself those questions without consulting my cards:D.

Glass Owl

Golden Moon said:
Very good and dark spread. I bet I can answer myself those questions without consulting my cards:D.
Yeah, the tone of the spread is on the darker side, it really tries to pull things out of you.... bringing light to the darkness.

Nytebugg

this needs to be read with the BG.

Glass Owl

Nytebugg said:
this needs to be read with the BG.
I wish I had that deck or the Vampryes! I do have the Vampire Tarot of the Eternal Night though - I think it will read well with that deck.

Maybe I will print off something on the computer that includes the card layout with character photos so then I can lay my cards down on top of them.

Nytebugg

I gave the spread a spin. It's really nice and clear.

Golden Moon

I have the Vampyers tarot. I'll give it a try with that one. :D

Chiriku

Cool idea, to do a spread about a book or TV show!

Is this meant for people who are already in a love rectangle in real life, LOL? Or is it one of those "practice reading using characters from movies and TV" ideas (which are great fun)?

BTW, I've never seen the television show. But I read the original books when they were first published in 1991-1992, and re-read them many times thereafter.

I'm afraid to see what they've done to some of my favorite books from my teen years, so I refuse to watch. :D

Glass Owl

Chiriku said:
Cool idea, to do a spread about a book or TV show!

Is this meant for people who are already in a love rectangle in real life, LOL? Or is it one of those "practice reading using characters from movies and TV" ideas (which are great fun)?
I think that spreads inspired by television shows, movies, books, etc are really fun way of merging two interests together. If you browse through this thread you will find a lot of links!

Actually, I designed this spread for a wide of range of people, even those that haven't watched the show or read the books. Heck, if I removed the title and the names of the charcters, you'd probably have no clue that it was inspired by the show....

--1--
3-5-4
--2--

1. What motivates you to be a better person?
2. What force in your life can turn destructive if it isn't kept in check?
3. What aspect of your past continues to haunt you in the present?
4. What truth do you need to see about yourself?
5. What is it that you want that you can't have?

The same thing goes for The White Collar Spread I posted the other day.

In the case of this Vampire Diaries spread, each position (except for the last one) was inspired by a main character from The Vampire Diaries and it allows the querent to explore some thought -provoking stuff, such as unresolved past issues. I don't really see it as necessarily being about love, just that the 4 people in a tv show love rectangle inspired the position questions.

I don't know about using it as a practice reading for one of the characters though, you'd probably have more success imaging a question that one of the characters may have as a querent and then picking an appropriate spread to answer it. You may want to check out the book "Tarot Tells The Tale" for some good examples of this.