Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Storing Oracle Cards

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

Citizen

hunter 
Storing Oracle Cards

Do you store each oracle deck differently, depending on it's topic?

For now I have my medicine cards wrapped in a bandanna. I like wrapping them, but don't feel like I have the right wrapping. Any suggestions?
Top   #1
Citizen

cardlady22 

Since its nature-related, you might like to look for a piece of suede or leather to form a pouch. You could go all out and decorate it with things you find on a nature walk/trail. If you are not crafty with things like that, there are quite a number of ATers that make bags, etc.
Top   #2
Citizen

hunter 

I can sew, but do not have a machine anymore. I'm living a very, very minimalist lifestyle right now, out of necessity.

chamois cloth might be nice, but I cannot hem it. I need something hemmed. I like the wrap rather than a bag. I'm also not sure if I want to be rustic. I live in the city and am fascinated with urban widlife and it's adaption. If I go too rustic or crafty I will feel like I'm playing with a toy.

There is something about the unwrapping and having a cloth to lay things on. I think what cards are stored in has a lot to say about how we feel about the cards. As soon as I discarded the cardboard box, I saw and felt differently about the cards. It was interesting to observe. My partner had an identical reaction to seeing my wrapped cards.

I wonder if there are any special knots with meaning to use to tie the scarf.

Maybe wrap in a crystal or something else.

I'm also just interested in what others do, even if the info is not applicable to me.
Top   #3
Citizen

Rev_Vesta 

I have my Medicine cards in the same turquoise blue velvet bag...... seems for me personally to go really nice together.. I do seem to tie in the colours of the cards with my bags, pouches or scarves........Works for me.....

meditate holding the cards and see what happens....

Take care

Vesta
Top   #4
Citizen

Le Fanu 

On flea markets, I hunt out old leather cigarette pouches. The type with the flap for a lid and sometimes a strap to tuck it in. Not all types are nice enough, but occasionally I find the right one...

The format for a cigarette pouch is too small for a tarot deck, but is perfect for oracles. I have my Mystical Lenormand in one and also my Astrological Lenormand..

I also have an antique silver soap tin with hinged lid for when I need to travel with my Lenormand. perfect size and perfect protection!

I found a wonderfully battered old leather playing card case too at the weekend. It still had the cards in - old, nasty, dirty cards - so I bartered the price to buy it without the cards!! I thought it would hold an Oracle but was big enough for my pocket Crowley! Perfect!
Top   #5
Citizen

thorhammer 

I like most of my decks to go in bags. I make my own (and sell them) but also trade and buy bags, and am lucky enough to have won one of tarot4fun's treasures, and been gifted a few from others, notably the incomparable Morticia Monroe . Each bag is chosen to complement the deck it holds, in either visual theme or colours or both.

I like to arrange them in a vague rainbow kind of order in my special Tarot bookshelf. I've attached a picture.

\m/ Kat
Attached Images

Top   #6
Citizen

Cat* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
I like to arrange them in a vague rainbow kind of order in my special Tarot bookshelf. I've attached a picture.
Nice!
I think I need to trade more bags with you eventually, so I can recognize more fabrics in future pictures of your tarot bookshelf.
Top   #7
Citizen

thorhammer 

Unfortunately, the top shelf's a bit crowded and you can't see the lovely creative Lori Walls pouch you made for me. That really is a work of art in and of itself

\m/ Kat
Top   #8
Citizen

stpcarly 

Kat that looks like my shelf, although I don't have that many! LOL I can't sew to save my life so I always order one from tarot sulis. she is so sweet cause I'm a pain, always special ordering lol. For my Housewives tarot she made me the perfect match, checkered exterior with a turquoise interior, perfect match! For me, bags are the best.
Top   #9
Citizen

Purrfect 

I have about 4 bags all of which arent tarot bags. They are purses and chinese carry pouches. The rest are placed neatly in a draw in their original boxes.
The problem with keeping them in their original boxes is that the boxes can become scuffed easily from removing and re-inserting the cards.
I love keeping Oracles in puches but it can be too expensive to purchase bags for oracles.
I would ideally like to have bags which relate to or match the decks imagery.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.