the Ludy Lescott Tarot - one to look out for

Shade

Le Fanu said:
... there's a lovely Hanged Man up right now.

A very very very sexy rendition of that card if I do say so.

I's interesting, LS often gets accused of doing too much with "themed" decks but here we have a very mysterious, very much unknown deck revealing itself by inches and it's rather captivating. This is one deck I would NOT want to see all the cards of before purchasing. It would take away so much from that first unboxing. I'm reminded of Nizzoli's decks (that I love at levels I cannot express) both of which do not have some basis in a particular philosophy, mythology, or cultural phenomenon.

HuskyChariot

I love what little I've seen of this deck. Seems to have made a bigger impact than any other I've seen lately. It's vivid, strong somehow...certainly nothing washed out about this one. So excited!

Le Fanu

Shade said:
A very very very sexy rendition of that card if I do say so.
So true!
Shade said:
It's interesting, LS often gets accused of doing too much with "themed" decks but here we have a very mysterious, very much unknown deck revealing itself by inches and it's rather captivating. This is one deck I would NOT want to see all the cards of before purchasing.
So true!

Aerin

When I first saw the images last year I thought "Modesty Blaize".

I am definitely having this deck...

(and the Minichiate and ... and...)

Medvsa

I've got to admit, I've reined myself way in with decks lately, but that Hanged Man has caught my eye. Like Shade said, it doesn't smack of "theme"--hopefully the rest of the deck will follow suit :)

Cerulean

Ludy Lescot listing at deep-books.co.uk

If you google with Ludy Lescot (No extra T} as the keywords. the site above has XI and V and two other cards and a summary storyline that Ludy is a shy student in New Orleans.

Hope you find it...I will post later if no one adds links.

http://www.deep-books.co.uk/book_detail.asp?bookID=38451

Essjay

Cerulean said:
If you google with Ludy Lescot (No extra T} as the keywords. the site above has XI and V and two other carfs and a summary storylinr that Ludy is a shy student in New Orleans.

Hope yoiu find it...I will ppst later if no one adds liinks.

Found it! Thank you Cerulean :)

This is what the blurb says: -

Ludy Lescot is a young esoteric and student of the arts, who one could meet on the streets in the French Quarter of New Orleans during the summer. Ludy is very shy, but she unexpectedly gained renown when a few famous personalities declared that they were “saved” thanks to her valuable advice. By faithfully following Ludy’s notes and sketches, Patrizio Evangelisti designed a fascinating tarot deck with great symbolic power and expression, capable of touching the hearts of all who use it.

Interesting! I take it that she's a student in an historical sense rather than present day as the pictures so far seem to reflect that.

Eta: A Ludy Lescot now has her own facebook page and notes her interests as the esoteric and travelling the world (also heavy metal!) - coincidence?

Cerulean

Pictures in the link added

I was able to revise my phone-typed message above and add the link. Last night and the night before, running between classes and other things. So tonight was the first night I was able to download and insert the images from the link above.

Below are the images.

LUDY LESCOT TAROT EX190

Ludy Lescot Illustrated by Patrizio Evangelisti

Hope they assist your enjoyment of the mysterious Ludy Lescot....maybe not so much a theme as a cheerfully new tarot persona...what a charming way to convey a new tarot from a "mysterious" tarot traveler. Too bad there is not a book or other "kit edition" that seems to be advertised with the deck.

Cerulean

Attachments

• ludylescot.jpg
    ludylescot.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 314

Shade

Thank you Cerulean! We've been in need of a new enigmatic tarot reader for a while now! Maybe Ludy is like a modern day Madame Sosotris or Maddalena.

I am dying, DYING to see what the Magician card looks like. Anyone else have a card from this deck they are on pins and needles about?

Cerulean

There are some "L.L. Tarot pictures" in this blog...the artist?

http://patrizioe.blogspot.com/search/label/Tarocchi

Keep scrolling through the artistic images...some of past work, some hinting at future work?

Maybe Ludy Lescot images by the artist?

Good hunting!

Cerulean

Attachments

• Asso Bastoni.jpg
    Asso Bastoni.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 230
  • Asso denari.jpg
    Asso denari.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 216