the Ludy Lescott Tarot - one to look out for

Essjay

I've got a email notification thingy going with Book Depository so when they get stock I'll post here. Amazon UK say 1 - 3 weeks but they're saying that for quite a few of my anticipated decks of the year - I have no idea if they actually have stock.

Le Fanu

This deck isn't available yet. That's why none of us have posted impressions. I have been long watching this one and will grab it when it's out.

First to get LoS releases are generally alidastore, and no sign of it there...

Aurora369

I actually emailed Lo Scarabeo about this deck and they said it would be available at the end of June, and so far they do not have it in stock yet.

RiccardoLS

Drums rolling!

http://www.loscarabeo.com/lang-en/tarocchi-culturali/124-tarocchi-di-ludy-lescot.html

The Ludy Lescot is here.
It can be ordered through the LS website, and it will be soon available from other sources.
(actually the deck was listed as not available until today, because... [technical problems, and no, it was not my fault]. But now everything is OK).

What else can be said... the deck is gothic, and there is a lot of mystery in it, but I can't shed any light on it. Artwork is by Patrizio Evangelisti (already done the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn).

A little trivia reference...
You may know that in October there will be a boardgame based on Tarot, named Arcanum.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/99770/arcanum
The boardgame will contain a full Tarot deck... which is basically a mix between the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn and some cards of the Ludy. Quite unique...
(OT: if anyone wants to make a review of the boardgame from a Tarot point of view, please let me know. It would be required to actually play the game, but I suppose someone here could find it interesting)

Ric

Manda

I will be first in line for Ludy Lescot and for Arcanum. All we do in this house is play board games. We tried another tarot board game recently but the children were decidedly "meh" because it was insightful and tarot-y but not too much actual fun. Looking forward to both!

Aurora369

Thanks. Am anxiously waiting for Book Depository to get the deck in as shipping from Italy to the US is close to $35.00...way too much. The deck looks quite intriguing.

Aerin

The board game looks interesting. What we need is a Tarot Party and someone blogging what is happening :D

I have the Ludy Lescott on order from amazon, I had almost forgotten :D. I love some of the artwork in the Golden Dawn, and I like Gothic so with a bit of luck I'll like the deck.

Shade

Hooray! Very happy for the Ludy Lescott to make its debut! I like the concept album tarot approach of creating an enigmatic lead figure for the deck. She seems to be the polar opposite of that wacky Aiselle character that was created here.

Carla

That Arcanum game looks interesting. :) May have to get that one!

Le Fanu

LoS just keep on breaking now frontiers with tarot. Good work.

I'm hopeless with board games. I either don't understand them or - if I do - I'm unbearably competitive. But I shall keep an eye open for this one.

I think I'm going to like Ludy Lescott Tarot. I like the Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn. The artwork is so dynamic and I think the Ludy Lescott will be the same.