Can anyone identify this deck?

roppo

It's the Taiwanese version of Ai to Shinpi no Tarot Uranai by Moon Princess Himiko & Kasai Ayumi.

gregory

It's the Taiwanese version of Ai to Shinpi no Tarot Uranai by Moon Princess Himiko & Kasai Ayumi.

Ah - that explains the box ! Mine is the Japanese one !

Alta

Thanks roppo!

Also, I have a Majors Deck called Moon Princess (does not seem to be on AT), and the cards are completely different. So I assume no relation?

ETA: MeeWah is sending me around 40 of her decks to sell on and I was struggling to figure this one out because of there being no English whatsoever.

Alta

Attachments

• Moon Princess box cover-01.jpg
    Moon Princess box cover-01.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Moon Princess some cards-02.jpg
    Moon Princess some cards-02.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 94

Alta

Ah yes, that is them. The other cards in TG scan match mine too. So it is by one of the same artists who did the Moonprincess Himiko ones then, but the second artist is different.

Sure. Might as well, my family won't care.

gregory

Ah yes, that is them. The other cards in TG scan match mine too. So it is by one of the same artists who did the Moonprincess Himiko ones then, but the second artist is different.

Sure. Might as well, my family won't care.

See above about artists ! (My collection will fund one daughter's house (complicated business, this) so my family CARE - but not in the way one might hope :D)

roppo

Hi Alta & Gregory

Moonprincess Himiko is a very popular astrologer/fortune teller in Japan who has written many books since 1980s. The companion book of The Moon Princess Tarot Cards (1989) says the 22 cards were designed by Tsuchiya Kiyoko and illustrated by Tei Sadako. I have no idea what it means :D

Kasai Ayumi is a popular illustrator/manga-artist in her own right.

Alta

So Moonprincess Himiko is the 'name' using her popularity but the decks are illustrated by other artists. I had my deck listed as "Moonprincess Himiko" as before I didn't understand there were other decks. Thanks roppo, thanks gregory. I prefer to be accurate.