When to Reshuffle?

Tag_jorrit

The method of distance is rather straightforward but would take more than a few sentences to give you the entire concept but there are some cards you would prefer to be distant, some closer. If you refer to the Philppe LeNormand page that you can download/ print from here you can get a sense of the method of distance. It was from this original lwb that the method of reading Lenormand evolved. There's also a course on reading the GT using the method of distance here that I found invaluable.

1Eleven

I think you meant well and I understand what you were trying to say. But your comments did sound a bit abrasive and annoyed. We are all here to learn, and not everyone has the money or resources to go out and buy the books we need to improve our reading abilities.

Again, they can only sound how you 'think' they sound. Others may read what I wrote and simply move on and find a resource that would help them answer their questions. I can't be held responsible for how others feel or interpret what's stated - in actuality I've been helpful to elle via PM - how quickly we forget our intent.

Plus, I already answered what I do above - I don't reshuffle. Find what works for you and do that. It's that simple.

My work is done here - back to the thread.

Joon

... I still would like to know "What's up in November" and want to take everyone's approach and kind of see where my intuition falls in. I don't usually knight (nor feel compelled to), but maybe it'll give me more info.

As stated here, I don't consider this a PPF question. If that were the original question, I would look at the whole tableau as telling me about November.

To answer the original question, I don't reshuffle. My take is that the cards answer the question asked; it's my job to read them as they fall.

Padma

As stated here, I don't consider this a PPF question. If that were the original question, I would look at the whole tableau as telling me about November.

Oh, excellent point. That was what I was trying to edge at when I said I read all the cards in the houses they fall - more about an entire snapshot, and less about past/present/future. (I am rarely interested in the past, in any case... :D)

elle_muse

To answer the original question, I don't reshuffle. My take is that the cards answer the question asked; it's my job to read them as they fall.

!Why didn't I see it this way?! Excellent point, Joon. You brought me back to the question, which is in fact, the most important part of the read. Thank you!

Oh, excellent point. That was what I was trying to edge at when I said I read all the cards in the houses they fall - more about an entire snapshot, and less about past/present/future. (I am rarely interested in the past, in any case... :D)

Yip, I got that too from what you were saying.

I know most readers will think of the past/present/future into consideration (mostly because the past and present can shape the future), but it all comes down the question. Sometimes, we don't need to be reminded of the past or what happened.

Joon reminded me that I had asked a specific question, and I read with that question in mind.