The De-Enabling Thread

6 Haunted Days

Ok...so it seems the best you can do is how huge the cards are? I love the Maat and those are huge! Are the SW cards larger?! Sheeza I hope not :bugeyed: Gonna be shuffling with placemats if that's the case.

Skydancer I can only guess what you said, being evil and trying to enable me no doubt! })

Skydancer

Yes - it's what I do best. They're too girly, too flimsy, too rigid, too ***big, too small to see without bifocals (yes, I do have a pair!!), too bright, too cheerful and silly, too dark, too light. Too gothic, not gothic enough. Too many dragons, not enough meaningful dragons. The animals are too big, there aren't enough animals. Mermaids don't wear T-shirts. Let's see ... there are no key words, there are too many erroneous keywords. There's too many languages written all around the border. The numbers don't match the RWS.

Ahhh ... it's my curse. To be the bad-mouth in the sea of green. And now I've heard that water isn't blue - it's the sky that's blue and the water reflects it. I'm telling ya - I can't win.

*S*

gregory

6 Haunted Days said:
Ok...so it seems the best you can do is how huge the cards are? I love the Maat and those are huge! Are the SW cards larger?! Sheeza I hope not :bugeyed: Gonna be shuffling with placemats if that's the case.
I think they are indeed larger. I will measure later. They certainly FEEL larger. And heavier....

firefrost

6 Haunted Days said:
Ok...so it seems the best you can do is how huge the cards are? I love the Maat and those are huge! Are the SW cards larger?!

I sold my signed copy of the Maat for the same reason.

ilweran

Help! I'm very tempted to buy the Monster Tarot. I was going to buy the Corneal Edema Tarot when the final batch had been made, but now I've seen this and it has a card with Bast on, and eeek

Even though it would be about the same price, I feel bad about almost buying it so I'm hovering over the 'buy' button. I really don't want another 'Greenwood' situation where I spend ages sighing and looking and then end up buying it for twice the price I saw it for originally.

<sigh>

gregory

When I bought the Greenwood it was nowhere NEAR that price :eek:

Look - if I can resist this one (and I LOVE it !!! but I will until it shows up at a SENSIBLE price) you can ! I am the most enabled person I know, and even I.....

ilweran

gregory said:
Look - if I can resist this one (and I LOVE it !!! but I will until it shows up at a SENSIBLE price) you can ! I am the most enabled person I know, and even I.....

It has Bast though. Bast!

I regretted not getting the Greenwood for £60 as I ended up paying £100 for it. This one I can't even find for sale anywhere else, and I was going to spend £50 on the Corneal Edema.... but Bast... and what if it never shows up at a reasonable price?? and... and... Bast!

At least waiting for de-enabling means I've had to hold off making a final decision. Stops the impulse buy :D

And people should stop putting Bast or Kwan Yin in decks. It would help me buy less.

gregory

Get the Necronomicon then. It's cheaper :D A LOT cheaper !

ilweran

gregory said:
Get the Necronomicon then. It's cheaper :D A LOT cheaper !

Not another to add to the wish list. Argh!!!

*runs off babbling incoherently*

:D

gregory

ilweran said:
Not another to add to the wish list. Argh!!!

*runs off babbling incoherently*

:D
Now - to deenable you on THAT one - it isn't pretty, the artwork is dodgy, and the box is absolute crap (Llewellyn really need to do something about their presentation....)

It is only worth buying if it stops you buying the Monsters, see :D