Hanson Roberts - 1 The Magician

GryffinSong

I've always seen the HR Magician as a very positive sort of fellow. Perhaps it's all the beautiful flowers around him, as if to say that his power is to be used for growth and beauty. And, yes, I agree that his face is very cute. ;)

vision777

Hanson - Roberts The Magician

I always liked hanson -roberts magician he is so sexy. I got him for today as a daily one card reading I was wondering what is that yellow stuff behind him, because i know the sky is not yellow , so could it be the powerful sun because I live in nyc and it's gonna be 100 degrees to day.I just wanted to know what is that yellow background about ?

starrystarrynight

If that is what drew your attention on that card today, I would say it is a good intuitive bet that it refers to that.

vision777

yeah now that you think about it his shirt is open as if he is in a hot place. and that yellow maybe the sun or it could be a power glow. it's now 103 degrees . I normally don't see the Magician he is always hiding from me. maybe he likes the hot weather lol.

Aladdin

The deck i bought first about twelve years ago is Hanson-Roberts and exemplary service it has given me.

It looks as if you do indeed have a very, very hot Magician in NYC right now !
103 degrees F. how on earth does anything function and surely that is far above average ?
Air conditioning would need magic to carry on in over 40 Celsius heat - enough to burn out air cooled refrigerators !

Empath111

yeah now that you think about it his shirt is open as if he is in a hot place. and that yellow maybe the sun or it could be a power glow. it's now 103 degrees . I normally don't see the Magician he is always hiding from me. maybe he likes the hot weather lol.

True! shirt open, yellow sky (he is sexy too! LOL)

vision777

hanson robert deck is the coolest.

Morwenna

I do love the H-R Tarot! But I never thought about the sky color because I'm used to skies in Tarot decks being any color the artist (or the publisher) wants. Take the RWS, for example: seems about half its skies are yellow. I think many backgrounds aren't really meant to be sky, just contrast to the figures. But hey, if you read the color as the weather, I say whatever works! :)

And yes, we're caught in that heat wave too. :(

FallynRaiyn

of the whole deck this card seems the most "off" to me. he just looks odd, as others have said, "out of proportion" I've chosen to interpret this to mean that your power ultimately doesn't come from physical appearance, or charisma as many people in the world seem to act on. you can be one goofy looking individual and possess great power and the knowledge to know how to use it.

As for one hand pointing at the sky and one pointing at earth ...and the open robe, and the medallion around his neck......I get disco fever from this. The imagery of disco dancing just will not leave me every time I look at this card. But he's taking himself VERY seriously.

As for colors. I'm synesthetic so I always have my own interpretations of colors because other interpretations just rub me the wrong way. Yellow to me is a very healing color. Usually possessed by people who've been extremely hurt in the past, usually childhood abuse of some kind, who deal with their own pain by trying to heal other people. To me on this card I think it's a reminder to use your power and knowledge to make life better, not worse and a big part of that is Karma. which to me, is also yellow.

to me lilies signify death, and roses the bloom of life .....so possibly the cycles of life, entropy, etc?

Ann Yu

He does look like Fabio doesn't he! I LOL when I read that, he does look worried to me to, and as he can be a trickster mabey his worried look is on being found out, the Lily's surrounding him to me mean as long as you are pure to yourself you will rise above any trickster. Don't let passion over-ride your good judgement the Roses say to me, the yellow of the sky emphasizes this. This card can also mean male spiritual/or person guides are around you at this time, and when I get this card I always think that I have the ability to make things happen and always feel encouraged. Blessings

I agree. I always wonder why he looks nervous like that. Know I've got it. Sometimes the power is real, sometimes you have to be careful because they are just fake to be.

One more thing, does anyone recognize that HIS OUTFIT LOOKS LIKE A SUPERMAN IN A MOVIE (Blue shirt and red coat). Lol, he is a superman :)).