Beginner Obstacles

BeyondtheVeil

Sharla

Beyondtheveil {Relllaxxx} :heart:

The more you relax the more they will flow, stop trying to knows what's right or wrong in card positions etc....put the cards wherever you want them.

Sometimes if i pull 3 cards and want further clarification, ill pull another under or over a card/s to gain more insight....and even pull more if i feel to.

I don't believe there's any right or wrong way, there just cards that's all.

Try with your deck choosing a card and calmly saying the first thing that comes to your mind....your not allowed to think , you just say.

Ok ill try it first <reaches to get cards> i got (Tree) and the 1st thing that came to my mind without conscious thought was "consideration"....and this actually makes sense with tree, as the tree is a slow card. So someones considering something...and i hope its you considering my reply lol. ;)

LOL I had to laugh as I WAS considering your reply! I was about to write that down :D LOL

I just get myself worked up when I get a message and it is 'bad". I wasn't expecting a heart attack, but definitely glad it wasn't a child. I think the problem is they want to give a message, but I am focused on what I am asking. lol I definitely need to relax lol

I am waiting on the deck that I will be using/learning with but it hasn't arrived yet. The book that I have says to go through the entire deck, in order, and say/write the first word that comes to mind when looking at that card/word. So what you said. lol Then we are to go back through to get another word. Two words or phrase. Then we put Rider with clover. Rider with Ship, etc to make combinations. I have a journal for that and one for the readings/outcomes. I think having journals/notebooks with Lenormand is a must when learning.

The deck that I currently have is hard to really see the photos although I see the word. The one that throws me is road as a road to me is one way.. keep going that way. Crossroads however would be a choice or 'fork in the road' etc. So I haven't been doing readings except yes/no until my new deck arrives in the next day or two. {It is much clearer to me in what the photos/meanings are]. Then I am going to go though the book exercises and bond with my deck. The photos are clear on that one so I think it will be a much easier time.

Thanks for chiming in! I'm sorry I stress people! lol {{HUGS}}

BeyondtheVeil

Barleywine

Hi Barleywine! :)

When you lay down your left to right spread. {I also read them left to right}. How do you choose the middle/focus card? Do you just lay it down like.. middle card first.. two on left then two on right? Or just in order.. left to right?

I have done both, but not sure which is correct. I haven't had a lot of time to go through my book yet, so I haven't been doing many lenormand readings.

I also think that lenormand is very 'to the point". My problem is that I got a reading talking about a child being sick or something. It ended up my Pa had a heartattack. I guess the "child" was me instead of a child of mine or I know. I didn't write down the reading, but how do you know 'who' the 'child" is or the 'woman" if you are both or have both? {I'm asking if you can't use intuition.. how do you clearly understand 'who' it's talking about}. I thought the child was going to get sick.

Sorry for more questions.. lol I do find lenormand exactly like you say. It is more blunt.. to the point. It gives accurate yes/no answers and fast readings. I just don't understand them yet, but that isn't lenormand's fault. It reminds me of the tea leaf readings..they are blunt and very accurate. The problem is that I had no idea what the symbols they gave meant until the events happened. Then it was clear.

Thanks for always chiming in to help everyone! :heart:

BeyondtheVeil

Sorry for the delay in replying. For line spreads, I lay the cards out in a row left-to-right; I use odd-numbered lines (3, 5, 7, 9) so there is always a card squarely in the middle. For 3x3 and GT spreads, I lay them out left-to-right, top-to-bottom. I also normally read them left-to-right in a "linguistic" style of storytelling, but also pay attention to cards on either side of the focus card (or cards in longer lines). Some cards have different effects on the cards that come before and after them.

Except for the Man and Woman card (or their alternates), I don't take the nominal "person" cards (Rider, Snake, Child, Dog, Bear, etc.) all that literally. The Child can mean something small or new in general, maybe the start of something. Of course, I start a GT with set "topic" cards that I work from if I'm doing a "whole-life" reading. But I'll change gears if, for example, there is no literal "Child" in the picture. It's not so much intuitive as pragmatic.