ATC AT ***Majors Only*** Deck Project

DraagonStorm

Hi all

Here we go on a new Deck Project. This deck will be an ACT majors only deck. What is ACT you ask? Check out http://www.art-cards.org/history.html for a good explanation of these cards. They are basically Poker Size Cards (2.5 x 3.5 inches), decorated in any way you want.

What we will be doing here, will be 'flat' cards. I would highly recommend that you be able to scan your work into a computer, so that you can print out the 22 copies. This is because you will be sending 22 copies of your card, and I don't think you want to hand copy/create 22 cards. Or, you could take it to a local printer, but again, be sure that the card stock will be able to stand up to shuffling and dealing. You will then mail your 22 cards to the coordinator (Me), and I will assemble the 22 decks using one of each card, and mail the ACT AT **Majors Only** Deck back to you. I'll pm each person my home address. Sounds like fun!

THE RULES:

A Majors Only Deck (22 cards as follows)
*0 - The Fool - starrystarrynight - (Received) - YCC
*I - The Magician - Chronata - (Received) - YCC
*II - The High Priestess - DraagonStorm - (Received) - YCC

III - The Empress - Tk2dsky - (Received) - YCC

*IV - The Emperor - QueenofPentacles - (Received) - YCC
*V - The Hierophant - rebecca-smiles - (Received)
VI - The Lovers - danubhe - (Received)

*VII - The Chariot - Langustl - (Received) - YCC

*VIII - Strength - HudsonGray - (Received) - YCC
IX - The Hermit - Tk2dsky - (Received) - YCC
*X - Wheel of Fortune - Gayla - (Received)
*XI - Justice - April - (Received) - YCC
*XII - The Hanged Man - valeria - (Received) - YCC
*XIII - Death - Bat Chicken - (Received) - YCC
*XIV - Temperance - QueenofPentacles - (Received) - YCC
*XV - The Devil - Eraserqueen - (Received) - YCC
*XVI - The Tower - MrsOnePotato- (Received) - NCC
*XVII - The Star - OnePotato- (Received) - YCC

*XVIII - The Moon - DraagonStorm - (Received) - YCC

XIX - The Sun - danubhe - (Received)
*XX - Judgement - Euripides
*XXI - The World - valeria - (Received) - YCC

One card to a person, 22 copies of that card to be printed out/created and sent in

Deadline to sign-up. October 18th, 2006 (Not written in stone)
SignUp has been extended! Let's try to go for another week - October 25th, 2006

Time Limit to create card. 4 weeks after sign-up Deadline

Card Size: width 2.5in x height 3.5in

Card Stock: Just be sure the cards are stiff enough so that we will be able to shuffle and deal with the deck.

Not Liminated

No Corner Cut - I have a good corner cutter that can do 25 cards at a time, so I'll corner cut the decks for us after I've assembled them before mailing them back to everyone.

Leave the backs blank and sign and date (mm/yyyy) each of your copies (yes, sign and date all 22 copies!)

When you finish your card and print and cut the 22 copies include a self-addressed/postage-paid envelope for your copy of the entire deck to be mailed back to you. (Not sure how to do the postage paid for outside of US), I'm sure we can work something out with that.

Let's have fun! Feel free to post any questions... I'm sure someone will have an answer for you! :)

BB
DraagonStorm

* = have posted that they have received their copy of the deck

Tk2dsky

I'd like to do The Hermit if it is still open.
B*B
Ericka

DraagonStorm

Ericka

You got it!

BB
DraagonStorm

chrisam-crystals

perhaps the best thing to do about the shipping costs is to send cash or a cheque to cover it?

jue xx

DraagonStorm

I know each country will be different....

What would be best for outside the US for me, would be by paypal... When all the cards are assembled and packaged, I could find out the postage.. and send a PM as to cost and the person could send the cost through paypal to me. Does that sound cool?

BB
DraagonStorm

chrisam-crystals

sounds like a plan to me. :D

jue xx

rebecca-smiles

Some people produce fantascit ACT's/ACEO's on plastic, fabric (obviously not good for dealing), metal, anything really. And every mendium of art work, photography, collage, paint, digital. Some prolific artists can produce 22 individualistic cards quite quickly, and with no detriment to quality (not myself tho). But given the opportunity to do this can produce genuinely unique decks. It depends on whether the group want maximum usability, or artwork more specifically as to the limitations on materials.

jackdaw*

That raises a question for me - are there going to be any restrictions on media? For example, could I do a collage card?

chrisam-crystals

yes, that is the beauty of making ATC's....you use collage or pastels or chalks or whatever takes your fancy! :)

jue xx

jackdaw*

Okay :) I'd like to request Temperance, please?