Tarot: Slip of the Tongue

Disa

So, my daughter(15) is a black belt in karate, and they use staffs in karate class. Once she left her staff in class by mistake and it disappeared for several months. We were relieved when it finally "reappeared", and decided to try to make sure we keep up with it better.

When I went to drop her off on Thursday, she grabbed her staff and headed towards the door. I rolled down the window of the car and called out "Don't forget to bring back your WAND". She was quite irritated by this, but I didn't do it intentionally.... Honest :)

So, I was wondering, do any of you have stories of times that references to tarot slipped out at what might be considered an inappropriate time?

Disa

greycats

Well, the people hearing me would have to know something about tarot for them to catch the reference and not many of them do. So, I've gotten away with some comments. :D

Still, I know when I say that so-and-so "is very much the Empress" what I'm talking about. And, most other people do, too, since that idea is pretty universal. But, I do try to keep tarot references from slipping out because one day I'm sure to say something more esoteric, like so-and-so "is very much the High Priestess." And, someone will surely reply, "what are you talking about? She's a good Christian."

And I'd then have to say something lame like "I only meant that she's so very learned and so much the authority on so many subjects." ;)

MoonLitCrystal

Haha I'm sure I've done this too, but most of my family members are into Tarot, so it wouldn't matter. ;) In fact, my mom will call me up and say, "Your dad is being such a King of Pentacles reversed today!" or "Your aunt is SO like the 9 of Pentacles lady."
Most of my friends wouldn't care, that is IF they got the reference, which they probably wouldn't because they do not know a lot about Tarot.

mac22

I have 2 black belts [ Shorin Ryu, and Okinowan-Korean styles]
A bo staff is a staff NOT a wand :D Same with a jo STAFF.. not a wand...:)

I have several wands ..they are MUCH shorter and of various materials including metal....:)

Mac22

Baroli

I said to my pastor not long ago, about having a "Tower Event" in my life. He just looked at me and then said, "You mean Tower of Babel event?" I just looked him straight in the eye and said Yup.

Baroli

Disa

Haha that's great Baroli :)

Rosanne

Baroli said:
I said to my pastor not long ago, about having a "Tower Event" in my life. He just looked at me and then said, "You mean Tower of Babel event?" I just looked him straight in the eye and said Yup.

Baroli
hehehe that is so funny- you should have looked him in the eye and babbled. ~Rosanne

bec

I do it all the time, and it has especially come to my own attention just how often, now that I have started a new job. It's daily my co-workers just looks at me with a "HUH??" gaze and I realise I just (again) refered or compared with tarot.

caridwen

MoonLitCrystal said:
Haha I'm sure I've done this too, but most of my family members are into Tarot, so it wouldn't matter. ;) In fact, my mom will call me up and say, "Your dad is being such a King of Pentacles reversed today!" or "Your aunt is SO like the 9 of Pentacles lady."

I do this as a kind of lazy shorthand with tarot readers:p

tarot4fun

I shared this story with my daughter, who has a black belt in karate~
She got a kick out of it~ :p

Suz :heart: