Bohemian Cat Tarot

GryffinSong

They actually don't put the costumes ON the kitties--it's MAGIC! :D i used to feel the same way...hard to believe it. i love cats beyond expression, as i am a dedicated Cat Mommie...no human children.
If the cats HAD been forced to tolerate the indignities of being dressed up in those incredibly gorgeous hand made costumes, i would feel much differently...

Somewhere Karen went into detail about the process; i can't remember where, as it was so long ago..

P.S. And when a lot of us bought our first MRB/Baba Studio decks, we had <no idea >they would go up in value like they have! :eek:.And...no one was more surprised than Karen and Alex! :D

If I recall correctly, they put the costumes on dolls or stands to pose them. Then they digitally added the cat photos. The cats were mostly (all?) photographed in shelters. I recall, for instance, that the cat in the Hermit card is an elderly female awaiting adoption.

baba-prague

This morning - about an hour ago - some mini decks finally arrived. So it's all hands to the orders today! These are just some advance decks and we will try to send them to people who ordered early. However, please forgive us if some later orders slip through because with a couple of hundred orders or more to despatch it can be hard to do them all in order. We do try though.

We are delighted to have some this soon. We managed to get a few boxes airmailed to us (at vast expense of course, but it just seemed worth it).

Did we send a few standard-sized decks already? Yes, we had some of those by airmail too, and posted out some a week or so back while we were waiting for the minis. But we kept very quiet about it - as we knew there would be a bit of a furore if we said that some decks had gone out ;)

So - this week is about putting together as many bundles as we can - and posting, posting, posting. We've put up a special table to give us some space for all this, and the cats have taken up residence under it, so everything is supervised by The Iron Paw. I know you will be glad to hear that.

Nina*

So - this week is about putting together as many bundles as we can - and posting, posting, posting. We've put up a special table to give us some space for all this, and the cats have taken up residence under it, so everything is supervised by The Iron Paw. I know you will be glad to hear that.

:D

So happy to hear ALL this, Karen! :heart:

Rhinemaiden

Thanks for the good news update, Karen! I know whenever it arrives, it will be worth the wait! Happy holidays to you and all the packing elves... :)

MoonGypsy

Yes!!! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for the good news update, Karen! i am crossing my fingers with bated breath! You truly are so dedicated and diligent in all you do! Such a hard worker you are my dear, and we appreciate all of your efforts beyond expression! You take customer service to a whole new level!

Hugs, blessings and a very Happy Holiday Season to both you and Alex! [And of course your wonderful kitties and fantabulous helper elves!]
MoonGypsy xxx

And a P.S. to GryffinSong--thanks for jogging my memory in regards to the method! Now i remember! :*

Bhavana

i just simply wish to go on record saying:

i'm not biased--All MRP Cardstock-- is my favorite...:p i still love you Bhavana and Gryffinsong, my good buddies! :laugh: i tend to go into an ecstatic stupor just sniffing it.:joke:

Hugs and Blessings,
MG...aka MRP addict

Hmmm...I don't believe I have sniffed my new Bohemian Gothic deck yet. Will have to try that.

They actually don't put the costumes ON the kitties--it's MAGIC! :D i used to feel the same way...hard to believe it. i love cats beyond expression, as i am a dedicated Cat Mommie...no human children.
If the cats HAD been forced to tolerate the indignities of being dressed up in those incredibly gorgeous hand made costumes, i would feel much differently...

Somewhere Karen went into detail about the process; i can't remember where, as it was so long ago..

P.S. And when a lot of us bought our first MRB/Baba Studio decks, we had <no idea >they would go up in value like they have! :eek:.And...no one was more surprised than Karen and Alex! :D

Ok, I think I knew this...with the magic of technology today, no cats were humiliated in the creation of this deck. My point was more about the final result and how cats might feel about being portrayed this way. I am always sensitive to the feelings of others.

If I recall correctly, they put the costumes on dolls or stands to pose them. Then they digitally added the cat photos. The cats were mostly (all?) photographed in shelters. I recall, for instance, that the cat in the Hermit card is an elderly female awaiting adoption.

Oh, well, now this changes everything. If they really were shelter cats...I wonder if the publisher donated any of the proceeds from the deck to the shelter, or do they do so in general? For that reason alone I would buy it.

As for the cardstock of the BG, it's so different. Has a slightly textured, whispery feel. Not shiny at all. It really is nice. But I heard that the 2nd edition of the BG is different than the first - so maybe this most recent cat deck will be also? If it is the same as the 2nd edition BG, then it is probably pretty nice.

GryffinSong

...Oh, well, now this changes everything. If they really were shelter cats...I wonder if the publisher donated any of the proceeds from the deck to the shelter, or do they do so in general? For that reason alone I would buy it....

I took a really quick glance through the book and several of the cats were photographed at the Prague Cat Rescue Home. Most of the descriptions, however, simply list what type of cat it is. So I don't know the percentage of rescues to others. And I might have mispoken about the Hermit. She was an elderly Russian Blue, but it didn't mention the shelter. The Fool is from the shelter, as are the 9 and 10 of wands, 4 of swords, both cats in the 6 of swords, 10 of swords, both cats in the 5 of pentacles,and all 3 cats in the 10 of pentacles. I don't know if I missed any, or about the cats that weren't specified.

Aerin

This morning - about an hour ago - some mini decks finally arrived. So it's all hands to the orders today! These are just some advance decks and we will try to send them to people who ordered early. However, please forgive us if some later orders slip through because with a couple of hundred orders or more to despatch it can be hard to do them all in order. We do try though.

We are delighted to have some this soon. We managed to get a few boxes airmailed to us (at vast expense of course, but it just seemed worth it).

Did we send a few standard-sized decks already? Yes, we had some of those by airmail too, and posted out some a week or so back while we were waiting for the minis. But we kept very quiet about it - as we knew there would be a bit of a furore if we said that some decks had gone out ;)

Thank you so much for the update Karen :D!!!

@Bhavana, the deck does read very well and I don't even have cats. It can be very catty however.

Cocobird55

Thanks for the update, Karen. I am so looking forward to my new decks.

You have fantastic customer service.

Bhavana

curious - I looked on Barnes n Noble again, they have this listed as a preorder, described as a paperback, 80 pages, for $15.48....is that a low price for this deck?? Or could this listing be for a booK?