Tree of Life - Malkuth

wetsheep1

Steve and Amounra, it does make sense. Thanks for clearing this up for me :) Pretty profound, if one thinks about it.

meatbox666

I agree with Dionne Fortune.

Malkult is a being called Adanay Melech. The crazy little things that children say comes from him.

AmounrA

Malkuths borders?

JMD-"Personally, I take very much to heart the quote by Dion Fortune previously posted, especially viewing Malkut as 'the underlying noumenon of the physical plane which gives rise to all physical phenomena'. As such, it is very much the whole sphere of Assiah - I personally, in agreement with some Kabbalists, see this last emanation as the realm of Assiah, not a whole Tree, though each Sefirot can itself be investigated from the perspective of each Sephirah, and hence can be described as containing a whole Tree."

If we work with this model, that malkuth gives rise to all physical phenomena, I have some thoughts and questions.

-It can be viewed that each sephirah contains a tree of life with in it. If we viewed a tree of life inside malkuth, would it be viable to allocate different physical manifestations to the spheres? So in the tree inside malkuth, could stars and galaxies be likened to the frequency of Tiphareth?

-Are the thoughts generated in the brain, considered physical phenomena? Is instinct, programmed into us through evolution, a physical phenomena?

-Does this model view conciousness existing 'outside' [the] universe? That conciousness and [the] physical world are not tied?

-Is 'the' brain viewed as a gate, made of matter, that can link 'us' from the physical realm , to a 'realm' beyond the universe. A realm which could exist even if the physical universe did not?

Strange2

Re: Malkuths borders?

AmounrA said:
-Is 'the' brain viewed as a gate, made of matter, that can link 'us' from the physical realm , to a 'realm' beyond the universe. A realm which could exist even if the physical universe did not?

Yes, I think the "brain matter" is one of the vehicles that can link us from incarnated consciousness to cosmic consciousness, or from here to beyond.

I recently picked up the Masonic Tarot by Jean Beauchard, and a translated quote from the little white book popped out at me that seems to somewhat illustrate this:

"The cards of the Tarot become the guide-posts in his initiatory ways. These posts or land-marks thus allow us to measure the distance already covered and the distance which still remains to be covered, if only it were at all possible to measure the infinite."

So the Tarot and the Qabalah, like the mind, can by reflection provide links or paths into one's interior universe and to the infinite beyond.

Attachments

• masonic_wheel_200.jpg
    masonic_wheel_200.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 126

AmounrA

Eyes Wide Shut

Hello Strange 2:)

"Yes, I think the "brain matter" is one of the vehicles that can link us from incarnated consciousness to cosmic consciousness, or from here to beyond."

In some respects I think of incarnated consciousness as 'local' [yesod]. Cosmic consciousness, it follows, 'non- local'.

A bit like a person from a small village. They would know their local area well, but if they started straying far, they would be in 'new found land'. All the land however is on one plane, and if this is projected onto incarnated and cosmic consciousness, is would imply that all consciousness is 'one'.

My current thinking is that the brain does not generate consciousness, but rather, tunes in to it (for want of a better expression), and creates a platform for sensory data to be stored & translated. A magick trick seems to be the ability to feel and think. [netzach- hod] The self. The ' I AM'

"So the Tarot and the Qabalah, like the mind, can by reflection provide links or paths into one's interior universe and to the infinite beyond."

I think they must. They exist because they came from consciousness. If we look at the physical world as malkuth, governed by 'space-time', then it becomes clear, consciousness does not 'live' in the space-time universe. The brain, which seems to be a device for localising a 'packet' of consciousness to be able to manipulate and interact within the world of space -time. Sometimes I think just as there is a limitless universe 'in front' of our eyes, so there lies an infinite one behind. Veiled firstly by 'paroketh' , then later, as we go further from our 'local village', into the awe inspiring limitless abyss.

Thats a very nice tarot card:)