Rider: Devil couple's tails

Zephyros

Glancing at the table of contents, it looks to me as if the book is more about divination than an in depth analysis of Waite's symbolism.

You can say that again. Found a few annoying sentences even from a cursory look through it:

"Numbers are there to be played with or for computing - they do not possess any generally valid inner significance"

"Practical results are the only yardstick"

The key phrases for the Majors are strange and seem... strange.

"XVII - The Star: Soul Star (?)"

And honestly... so on and so on, I won't even quote the actual discussions of the symbols. I shouldn't judge only by the excerpt, but it honestly seems more of the same subjective exoteric mish-mash already done in so many other books. What's "ultimate" about it?

agent199

Found "The Book of the Secret World and the Higher Way to Fortune".

Very nice read.
I especially like the distinction he makes of prudence, conformity, and attainment.

This is the article of Waite's that needs to inserted into the PKT.

bogiesan

Glancing at the table of contents, it looks to me as if the book is more about divination than an in depth analysis of Waite's symbolism.

Rats. I was hopeful. It seemed like a good idea in a good format, perhpas similar to the Amberstone's encyclopedia-like book on Waite-Smith symbolism.

Winter Hare

A complete Waite bibliography would be good.
As a stickie.
At the top of the forum.
Forever.

Maybe I should start a new thread for those interested in compiling a list. I know that there is a separate book section but having a stickie in the actual RWS forum would be helpful I think. I keep coming across partial lists on the interwebs and thinking, I really must get all these lists together. His articles are often fascinating, I came across a new (to me) Faerie one today. Enchanting. He was on the Mother of all quests and I admire him for it.

I keep meaning to get R A Gilbert's oop book. Does anyone have it? If so what do you think?

agent199

I would be more than happy to help.
Just let me know what it is exactly that I need to do.