Pairing Oracle decks with Tarot decks

Madrigal

Well I had to go an look at the DD online because I had the sense, that yes, paired with Seven's Waterhouse Oracle, it could be great. I've thought of pairing the Waterhouse with the Touchstone. I like your pairing a lot.

I'm now starting to look at Tarot and Oracle decks that I'm interested in buying only if I can match them up somehow lol. I've got a bunch on my wishlist but I'm thinking hmm, what could this work with?

I posted earlier about pairing up LoS's Universal Goddess Tarot with Marashinsky's Goddess Oracle but while that looks good on paper I'm wondering it would be too much of the same. I'm thinking an animal Oracle perhaps. It's not so easy to get a really good pairing.

For my Dame Darcy I'm going to try pairing it with LoS Mermaids Playing Cards and use Ana Cortez's system for the playing card along with the DD Tarot. That should be interesting.

Dark Victory '39

Thanks for the reminder! -- To go back to using cortez' system with other decks.

Laura Borealis

I have a sense that this Compass of Fate oracle would be a nice pairing with Dame Darcy's Mermaids. It's hand-drawn, some of the cards have a nautical feel and of course compasses are used in marine navigation, so it seems to fit.

It's based on Mahjongg and there's a brief thread here. The link to the creator's site is gone, but I found it for download as a PDF on a board game website here (you have to register though).

Madrigal

I have a sense that this Compass of Fate oracle would be a nice pairing with Dame Darcy's Mermaids. It's hand-drawn, some of the cards have a nautical feel and of course compasses are used in marine navigation, so it seems to fit.

It's based on Mahjongg and there's a brief thread here. The link to the creator's site is gone, but I found it for download as a PDF on a board game website here (you have to register though).

Hey, good one! Yes, that's the idea. The DD deck has a sense of humor about it and a whimsy and the oracle you listed looks similar in that way.

EightWands

Nice pairings. I've got the Crystal Visions Tarot that I think you're referring to but have yet to pair it up with something.

How about Crystal Visions Tarot with Conscious Spirit oracle cards.

BodhiSeed

I'm now starting to look at Tarot and Oracle decks that I'm interested in buying only if I can match them up somehow lol. I've got a bunch on my wishlist but I'm thinking hmm, what could this work with?
A word of warning: I've added lots of decks to my collection this way! :laugh:

Madrigal

A word of warning: I've added lots of decks to my collection this way! :laugh:

Yes, well, I seem to have joined you on that one :rolleyes: Now each Tarot deck I purchase needs an accompanying Oracle deck...or vice versa :joke:

InkyAlchemy

Morgan Greer tarot with Pages of Shustah oracle.

DesertDream

Rachelcat enabled me on the enabling thread to buy two decks ive been eyeing....Tarot of metamorphisis and dream cards produced both by lo scarabero. I hear they make a good combo. :)

TheDrowningMoon

I've been using Le Tarot des Femmes Erotiques with the Vintage Wisdom Oracle and not only do they visually pair together beautifully, they have also made for some awesome readings together. I am also planning to try pairing the Victorian Romantic Tarot with the Victorian Flower Oracle once I get them in the post. Not because they're both from the same maker, but because I'd love it if my two Victorian themed decks read well together lol