A Crystal Ball...

Sophie

What a lovely idea, matching poetry with crystals...

I've found an ametrine sphere to go with your Yeats poem, lark! (scroll down for the spheres).

I wonder which poem would go best with my Crystal Ball? I think, maybe, there will be many, it seems to be so abundant...

celticnoodle

it's been awhile since i've been on this thread, but Fudugazi, i did look at your pics on your ball. very very nice!

i swore when we all decided to give it a go earlier in this spread with working with our crystal balls, that I would do so. however, after a few tries and getting nowhere, i got frustrated i guess, and just have no desire to continue right now. i know it's not good to try to read the ball if you are frustrated, so....

however, i have since purchased two more crystal balls. the first one is a beautiful quartz crystal the size of a jack ball---remember those balls you would bounce as you picked up the jacks? then the other one is a smaller ball, the size of a marble, and is at the end of a wand. they had made it into a wand, with a crystal ball at the top and anohter crystal at the other end. I could not resist buying it, especially because the store owner gave me a great deal on it, (because I purchased so much at her shop!). I do wish I could get my scanner to work, so I can include my photos too!

has anyone had any recent luck with scrying with their balls? I know I just give up too easily. I have not charged my new balls, and I think the large ball needs to be re-charged. So, will have to do that I guess, before I try again. I'm more into the tarot cards, I guess, right now. But I sure do enjoy hearing and seeing the photos of everyone else's crystals.

Cerulean

Fudugazi - your crystal sphere is saying hello!

The Phantom of the Sphere in your first photo has a nice shadowy profile and an upraised hand waving hello to us here--that's the first thing I noticed.

Such a lovely misty color and the soft lighting is exactly right for the first look-see...mine are not as magically bright as those seen here...my gentle flourite sphere is lovely for showing me trees and once, while turning it around and focusing, a gentle back-shape emergence of a pretty profile and over-the-shoulder glimpse of a womanly face--but it was a glimpse after I poured some water over it--the impression was someone shaking their head to get the raindrops off.

Thanks that people like the idea of herbs and spheres nestled together...under moonlight is gentlest, methinks, or softer shades...

I do like the slightly misty to cloudy ones with clear spots to help my imagined and inner eyes to see a sort of sky or landscape...

What fun! What and where dreams may come...

Cerulean

P.S. The moon is waning now where I am...my best times are the balsamic and full moon...interested in blue moon experiences soon...

Sophie

Cerulean said:
The Phantom of the Sphere in your first photo has a nice shadowy profile and an upraised hand waving hello to us here--that's the first thing I noticed.
So it does! Thanks for pointing that out. It was saying hello to all of you :)

Oh, scrying under moonlight, what a beautiful idea! I have been scrying with my black obsidian mirror, but by candlelight.

Celticnoodle - I can't help you yet, I've not started scrying with the ball. I want it to settle down with me first, and me with it. But I'm off to open a scrying with crystal balls thread in Divination, hoping for tips!

RussianSoul

My crystal ball arrived from China yesterday. Go me! I waited almost 2 months for it.

It is a small one - 2.6 inches (66 mm) in diameter, has inclusions and small rainbows. I like it quite a bit, although I wish it was a little bigger.

Following HearthCricket and others I've been looking into it noticing shapes and reflections. So far I saw a seagull (or some other water bird), a shape resembling Rodin's Thinker, a side of a mountain (looked like K2), an eye, and a Japanese Noh mask.

I will report more stuff when I see it.

Here's my ball:

Attachments

• crystal_ball1.JPG
    crystal_ball1.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 98

HearthCricket

Absolutely gorgeous, RussianSoul! It reminds me a lot of my Ophelia, with all that clarity and the plane going right through the center. Very lovely! Where on earth did you order it from China? That is so cool!

WolfyJames

I have three crystal balls but only use one for scrying. I got my first ball as a teenager and while my first experience with it gave result, it never happened again after that. It's a medium clear sphere and after being knocked here and there is not in top shape anymore. I was given a medium black crystall ball as a gift as well. I use both of them for decorative purpose on my altar. The last one I bought at a new age store and I wanted to use that one for scrying. It is very small and I kind of fell in love with it, it's clear and simple looking, payed it 10$CAD. I have better result with this one but often I get only fog. I don't have a photo for the small one I use, that one has never seen the light of the sun since I linked it with the moon. I have never thought of giving them names but reading here your posts make me ponder and I shall consider finding names for my crystal balls.

Photobucket refuses to respond right now, can't upload pictures, will do it later.

RedRobin

Thanks to everyone for sharing your photos! What beautiful collections you all have - just magikal!

Fud- I love your alter photo.
Hearth - It's so funny you said your Miranda wanted a "helper".

When I got my first larger quartz sphere, there was another just a tad smaller that I just kept holding on to as I walked through the shop looking at everything. It just felt so right in my hand.
Then I came to a case filled with crystal balls of all kinds. Myself and the shopkeeper helping me, both pointed to one particular sphere at the same time. We knew it was "the" one that had to come home with me. Those moments are rare and so beautiful when they happen!

Blessings to all, Robin

.traveller.

I love looking at everyone's pictures so I will post a picture of mine in return. I've had the crystals in the picture for over ten years. I haven't tried scrying with them (much), I keep them around because I enjoy the energy they give off. I have a few more spheres that aren't in the photo, a large blackish one that I am not sure what it is made of/what stone and a small quartz that greatly resembles Hearthcricket's Miranda. The quartz is an inch+ in diameter and I generally carry it with me. The black one is about the size of a softball and I keep that one locked up. It's rather chatty and keeps me up at night if I don't put it in the curio.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/traveller_photos/miscellaneous/crystalballs002.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/traveller_photos/miscellaneous/crystalballs003.jpg

HearthCricket

Very nice, Traveller! They look very compatible and content in that bunch!