The De-Enabling Thread

ferrous

tmgrl2 said:
I think I will. Sometimes, I just need to hold something or have it for awhile and then I realize I don't really need it and I give it away. I have a habit of doing that.
I can relate to that, tmrgrl. Sometimes it's about the 'getting' not the 'having'.

As for you Eco, well, I won't even try to de-enable you about the Sakki-Sakki .. I'm totally enamoured with mine.

tmgrl2

I won't remove it from eBay yet...I'm not that de-enabled yet.

terri

Sybilant

decks: promiscuity or monogamy?

This is a fantastic thread!

I am trying to settle down with the Universal WCS. I want to try monogamy, or maybe serial monogamy, rather than this promiscuous running from deck to deck that I've been doing lately. It ouches the pocketbook, and I think I just wind up confused. Also, hoping that every new deck I buy will instantly be the perfect deck for me just sets both of us up for disappointment.

I tell myself that the resonances will become richer and deeper if I settle into this one deck.

If you go back and change "decks" to "people" you will know way too much about me. [g] That's tarot for you!

But... I have to have the Gay Tarot. Just that one. And then I'll stop. I promise.

s.

magpie9

This is all very interesting.....think I'll slink on over to tarot Trading for just a minute.........just for a minute. Really. It's, ahh, on my way home. (Yeah, that's it!! On my way home! heheheh)

:D

Rusty Neon

I need some de-enabling.

I have decks in the RWS, Thoth/Golden Dawn, and Marseilles traditions. The Marseilles and, to a slighly lesser extent, the RWS are The Ones for me.

For quite a while already, but especially lately, I've been eying Minchiate decks. I tell myself the purchase of a Minchiate is a worthwhile thing as it would be for the purposes of research and the the purposes of investigation of archetypes. It has to be the Il Meneghello Minchiate Fiorentine or the small-sized Minchiate by artist Costantini, both of which have to be ordered from Europe. To show how far gone I am on this, I'm not even considering the Lo Scarabeo Minchiate Etruria, which would be available in Canada, as I don't like the washed-out look nor engraved decks. Because the Minchiate Etruria is engraved, not even the brighter Il Meneghello Minchiate Etruria will suffice for me. It has to be one or both of those others. I have to have a Minchiate, even though I know that it is not a big discussion deck here on Aeclectic Forum and I probably won't be using it for readings as nobody knows or appreciates it nor cares about it. I know that once I get one of the Minchiates, I'll probably want to have all three of them, for comparison purposes. :)

Thanks!

lark

Ohh those are very pretty...I mean ...
Rusty Neon!!!!
Get ahold of yourself man..
Go in the bathroom and splash your feverish brow with some cold water.
And while you're there take a good look at yourself in the mirror!
You're not just talking about one deck, you are well on your way to taking on three (count them) three new decks.
Do you really want or need that?
Cluttering up your life.
Taking up room on the shelves.
Collecting dust?
Don't you have allergies?

Think about the brain cells you'll have to expend learning a whole new system.
Do you really have those to spare?
You're not getting any younger you know.
And the long ocean voyage over here.
The pacing in front of the mail box.
The wear and tear on you finger nails from the constant chewing.
It all sounds very 9 of Swords to me.

Do yourself a favor Forget It.....

Eco74

ferrous said:

As for you Eco, well, I won't even try to de-enable you about the Sakki-Sakki .. I'm totally enamoured with mine.

Meanie! :D

ferrous

I just couldn't help it, Eco. I had to! I just had to! I can't bear the thought of someone going without the freaky wonderfulness that is the Sakki-Sakki.

Okay, leaving this thread for the moment before I begin re-enabling any one else ..

*ambles away with wild look in eyes muttering about the shoes, the colours, the headless people*

ferrous

.. the dragons with long eyelashes ..

:D

Eco74

ferrous said:

... the shoes ...

Oh, speaking of shoes... Justice in the Phantasmagoric Theatre... I want those shoes.

(And I already HAVE this deck so it's far too late to de-enable me on that one. Spent days sowing a little buttoned totebag for it too, and added a tigerseye-stone almost shaped like a heart to it witch matches the design beautifully..)

But, here's a thought.
Give me reasons for not getting those shoes made for myself. Kneehigh wellrounded boots with a couple of straps on the sides. Most likely soft and supple as leather and warm and cuddly to the feet too...

Edited to add:
Need new wintershoes since the ones I have now chew up my socks.. It's new shoes or an insane amount of socks to be bought.