Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

lunakasha

WolfSpirit said:
Surprised it makes such a difference - I thought it was just a small border ?

I agree...the white borders are pretty thin...but I guess removing them made a difference and Sulis is happier without them.... very brave taking scissors to these cards. I would be terrified of "killing the patient", hehehe!!! :p

:) Luna

Diana

This is a very funny thread.

I would love to join in... only I don't know how to cut straight with scissors. My mother used to tease me about it... and now I am teased by my son and husband. They think it is hilarious that even on a straight line I can't cut straight.

But I did cut off all the borders as well as all those FOUR LANGUAGES :mad: on a Lo Scarabeo historical deck once. It made the cards very incy-wincy-tiny but they are much more historical that way.

But like I said... I can't cut straight, so I used a guillotine.

Sulis

This is what my cards look like now, except that the text box is white not red http://druidcraft-tarot.druidry.org/majorarcana.html

Before the cards had a white border surrounding the one in the scans - as Wolfspirit says - the type most decks have to enable easier printing.

Love

Sulis xx

Imagemaker

the snipping, I feel as if it's been part of the bonding process with this deck - it feels as if I've had a part in the creation process; I've really made this deck my own

Yes! Yes! Yes! This is what I've experienced--that slow meditative trimming as you work with each card has a bonding effect.

Yay Sulis!!

And where is Yaboot? He's missing how his seed post has bloomed into a humongous gorgeous flowering thread!!

TemperanceAngel

*TA looks around all the boxes from her move*

"Where are my scissors???"

*Thinking, thinking, thinking....*

"When I get those scissors I am going to do it, cut the borders off my new Haindl deck I got from WolfSpirit in a trade!!!!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kissa

my haindl too is now tuned

yes, just do that, TemperanceAngel, it it well worth the trouble.

i just cut all the majors and they look stunning. the colours suddenly appear. i dare anyone now to say that the haindl is grey, serious, hermetic, difficult... it is full of colours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they were just hiding and dying behind those grey borders!

the cards have a very nice size now. 0,7cm narrower and 1,8cm shorter (that's a lot). they handle so well.

i don't think cutting your own cards is such an horrible thing to do. i just got that deck back (after trading it a few years ago) so it was kind of calling me... but i just couldn't cross those grey borders. so i did a Hedera, a Yaboot, a whoever-bless-them-and-their-sharp-scissorsl.

and now i feel a special connection to the deck already. i don't feel shy and stupid in front of it, it finally feels reachable.

:) :)

i doubt haindl chose himself those grey awful things anyway.

kissa

lark

I was going to do my Haindl.
Had every good intention...but I don't seem to have a pair of scissors sharp enough.
What do you cuttters recomend?
Dress maker, hair scissors, craft scissors?
And how big?
If I'm buying something new I want get the best thing.
All I have is dollar store scissors. :(

mercenary30

lark said:
I was going to do my Haindl.
Had every good intention...but I don't seem to have a pair of scissors sharp enough.
What do you cuttters recomend?
Dress maker, hair scissors, craft scissors?
And how big?
If I'm buying something new I want get the best thing.
All I have is dollar store scissors. :(

I would recommend going to the same scrapbook section that you find the corner cutters. They have little straight edge cutters.

THIS is the one I have, and I have done three Thoths with it so far, it they were nearly flawless. No sore fingers and it is WAY faster!!!!

lark

Oh that's really nice Mec..
And you can buy blade replacements too if they get dull.
Thanks for taking the time to look that up for me.
I have a corner rounder so I'm half way there.
Now I'm itching to try this. :)

Kissa

never noticed the death card had so much purple in it before i trimmed the card...

the grey borders are a killer to this gorgeous deck, really.

kissa