Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Gwynne

Oh my.... I used to have the Thoth. LOVED it! Then it didn't love me so much anymore so I gave it to a friend. Looking at how those cards look (their NAKED!!!!) I want to go get the Thoth and start chopping!!!! :lol: And I can imagine a few other decks that would probably look better naked too!

RedMaple

Has anyone thought about trimming the Gilded? :D

stella01904

MM ~ I'd only trim a deck with one of those paper cutters - you know, the things with the squares and the hinged blade...BB, Stella

tarotbear

dislikes the sight of blood ...

Buy a small paper cutter - like the one you used in grammar school; keeps the edges nice and straight!

Simone

I have finally made may way all through this thread, and I found it hilarious in places - thanks for the chuckles, friends! I would never think of cutting borders off the cards, as I said to Gardener back in September, castrating them...

But there is one thing that shocked me though - a thing I had never even thought about: waaah, if I get my deck printed, it will have to have borders???!!!??? It should definitely not!!

Well, if any of you ever considers buying it, feel free to circumsize, castrate, cut, guillotine, snip, trim, corner cut it... and I will see to it it has the right size so one can still see the details, not too big for little hands but still big enough without being too tiny to handle with cut corners ;)

Off to think about card backs now, a design that will not suffer from border cutting ...

OakDragon

Simone said:
I have finally made may way all through this thread, and I found it hilarious in places - thanks for the chuckles, friends! I would never think of cutting borders off the cards, as I said to Gardener back in September, castrating them...

But there is one thing that shocked me though - a thing I had never even thought about: waaah, if I get my deck printed, it will have to have borders???!!!??? It should definitely not!!

Well, if any of you ever considers buying it, feel free to circumsize, castrate, cut, guillotine, snip, trim, corner cut it... and I will see to it it has the right size so one can still see the details, not too big for little hands but still big enough without being too tiny to handle with cut corners ;)

Off to think about card backs now, a design that will not suffer from border cutting ...

Why does a deck have to have borders? Your cards don't have borders the way you've designed them and they look wonderful! :)

Strange2

OakDragon said:
Why does a deck have to have borders? Your cards don't have borders the way you've designed them and they look wonderful! :)

I second that. There are decks that do not have borders, the beautiful Blue Moon and Templar Tarot come to mind. Simone: particulalry with the black background, I think your deck would look great with no borders.

Simone

Haha, so maybe the deck will not have to have borders after all? :D yay!

It was so that after reading the thread, I thought someone had said there had to be borders for printing reasons...

WolfSpirit

I think with most mass-produced decks, the cutting machines are not precise enough to make sure all decks are cut on exactly the same line, so they have a (mostly white) outer border as a safe margin.
I think the Blue Moon is a limited deck and more expensive than most decks, so there may have been more care in the cutting.
I am happy to buy a deck with a white border and trim the border of myself - often that is what the artist would have wanted.

Some artists choose to make a decorative border on their decks. And then they often still have a white border as well.

Little Baron

Simone

After reading through this thread, I went on a little search through the forum to see your deck. I really like it very much. I think that it would definitely appreciate having no borders. I think it would make the pack much more sumptuous; I think the black would look very rich. Just wanted to add my congratulations to you.

LB