Holy Light Tarot Book!

Madrigal

I received this in my inbox today. I know alot of ATers have been wondering about this book. It appears to be close to manifesting! Where is the dancing and celebrating smilie? :party: :party: :party: will have to do.

Nemia

Wow that was about time!!! I can't wait! I love the deck, have trimmed and gilded it (silvered to be precise), and I feel I can't read with it yet.

I don't know why I didn't get the mail but... I'll wait a bit longer.

Zephyros

Even though I don't have the deck, I'm still waiting for the book, to see if I want the deck. The Holy Light is a kabbalistic deck, but uses a radically different model than the standard Golden Dawn attributions. It will be interesting to see and compare when it eventually comes out.

Richard

Even though I don't have the deck, I'm still waiting for the book, to see if I want the deck. The Holy Light is a kabbalistic deck, but uses a radically different model than the standard Golden Dawn attributions........
Christine Payne-Towler has a fervent hatred of anything Golden Dawn, to the extent that she makes up fictional scenarios to discredit all the major players (Mathers, Waite, Crowley) who have anything directly or indirectly to do with the Golden Dawn Qabalistic Tarot attributions. To me her radical extremism stinketh. Her approach to Qabalistic Tarot is best exemplified by her pontifical pronouncement: "Aleph is one." She means this literally in the sense of cardinality. An inescapable logical inference is that the Tarot Trumps consist of 400 cards.

Barleywine

Christine Payne-Towler has a fervent hatred of anything Golden Dawn, to the extent that she makes up fictional scenarios to discredit all the major players (Mathers, Waite, Crowley) who have anything directly or indirectly to do with the Golden Dawn Qabalistic Tarot attributions. To me her radical extremism stinketh. Her approach to Qabalistic Tarot is best exemplified by her pontifical pronouncement: "Aleph is one." She means this literally in the sense of cardinality. An inescapable logical inference is that the Tarot Trumps consist of 400 cards.

Yes, I recall that you brought this fact to our attention before. It will certainly put me off the book, but I'll probably still buy the deck for its beauty and use it in my own way.

starlightexp

OMG Finally!!! I have wanted that for sooooo long!

illyria

I bought The Fool's Dog app for this deck, and it does have descriptions of the cards. I'm actually really taken by the imagery, and The Fool's Dog did an incredible job making them accessible. The app is the reason why I got the deck, which is still making its way to me from the US. Like Barleywine, I probably wouldn't pounce on the book either.

Madrigal

I'm wondering how much the book will differ from the app text which is extensive. It might'nt be necessary to have both unless one's preference is actual books.

foolMoon

In my book, this is one of the most beautiful Tarot decks ever made in history.

Le Fanu

I too have been using this deck extensively with the app and it has really opened up the deck for me. Not sure I'd need the book as it really isn't the type of text I would read from cover to cover. It's great to consult for draws and spreads but I'd need to see if there is anything very new and which would really make a difference.