Was this famous Tarot reader right or wrong?

Ruby Jewel

So, help me here Tarot Quest. Here is your question from the original post: "I asked her if a certain branch would suit me as a career."

How does that translate into the fact that the cards and therefore the tarot reader promised you a job in that field? Just because you are suited to something does not guarantee you will get a career job in that field......especially without qualifications.

I took a test when I graduated from high school that said I was suited to be a mechanic. I would love to be a mechanic, but nobody is going to hire me to be one unless I have the skills. All that says is that if I want to be a mechanic it would pay me to go to school and learn to be one. That is essentially what the cards and the tarot reader said to you. Nothing more.

magicjack

This is my second reading with her. The first one was about love and according to her prediction and take home message, love should come very very soon. Let's see!;)(/QUOTE]

Well please keep us updated! I'm curious now.

Maru

That is a lot of pressure to put on a single reading, much less a single reader. Paths in life can change and sometimes that is for the better. I think if you had put more energy in, you could've possibly "realized" the reading, but in this sense would your true intent been correct in this case considering the actual outcome? You ended up on higher ground having explored this possible path... so in a way, it did put you where you needed to go. It eliminated one fork to send you down another.

Really, it's a big task to ask ourselves to pick a path. Especially when we're young, we're told we should pick a degree and stick with it. It can be confusing to think--well am I going this direction because my culture/society suggested I should go this direction or I am meant a different path? A lot of times it feels like we're the mouse in the maze following the cheese. Did we choose because we were forced to choose or did we really choose for ourselves? That can put a lot of anxiety on the shoulder's of a graduate, even if their initial outlook in life was extremely positive. It's the actual staring at the door that creates mixed feelings... which might be why you asked the feeling to begin with, to alleviate or otherwise sift through the cognitive dissonance. I think plenty common to have someone nearly done with a program consider changing the program altogether or going to a different field. It's happened to a few of my friends. Some end up going back to their field or they do find a new passion. I guess it just depends on the individual.

I had a friend in high school was stressing about picking his potential career. Too young to really make a firm decision, but I gave my intuitive thoughts (which he didn't know was intuition)... I told him, he should consider being a personal trainer. No real reason why I picked this except his aura said this. He was extremely excited about the prospect, a guy that just doesn't get excited. He was like oh wow, thank you so much. That sounds perfect!...

Did it matter if he went with personal training and fulfilled that prophecy? No. It mattered he saw within himself some possibility he could find a potential path. It put him in the driver's seat instead of him stuck in the web of his own emotions, questioning his decision making and his life purpose. He was now making decisions and learning to search for his own personal possibilities rather than being held down by what others expected of him. After that, he was all smiles when he saw me, so I think that it served the purpose, which was to motivate him to take control of his life... like many of us eventually have to do.

A lot of us have a lot of pressure put on us from the day we are born. Either to fulfill some stereotype, some familial aspiration, or even just to meet society's expectations. Either way, that can really get in the way of sorting our true intent's... which is something I think is really key to making divination work for you rather than against your personal truth(s).

Abrac

To me someone's "fame" or "great reputation" mean absolutely nothing. That might be a good place to start if you're looking for someone you can depend on, but ultimately how valuable they are to you depends entirely on your experience. What others' experiences might have been mean nothing in the end. :)

JylliM

I had a tarot reading done by a professional tarot readers more than 6 months ago. She has a very good reputation online and she is quite famous. I enjoyed her reading because she has a gentle and compassionate approach.

Personally I don't want a 'gentle and compassionate' reader. I'd much rather someone who cut to the chase, helped me to ask a useful question, and gave me a useful answer. 'Gentle and compassionate' is popular because people want to hear nice things, but for my money I'd rather get something incisive and accurate.

tarot_quest

So, help me here Tarot Quest. Here is your question from the original post: "I asked her if a certain branch would suit me as a career."

How does that translate into the fact that the cards and therefore the tarot reader promised you a job in that field? Just because you are suited to something does not guarantee you will get a career job in that field......especially without qualifications.

I took a test when I graduated from high school that said I was suited to be a mechanic. I would love to be a mechanic, but nobody is going to hire me to be one unless I have the skills. All that says is that if I want to be a mechanic it would pay me to go to school and learn to be one. That is essentially what the cards and the tarot reader said to you. Nothing more.

Well, I feel that I am into court and that I will need my lawyer soon Ruby...

I went back to the original reading (I received her response via email)

After describing my background bla bla, I asked ''Am I on the right path by leaving my previous background behind me to look for jobs in this new field? (In other words, do I have a chance to get a job in the field of X and feel quite happy with this new choice?)

Her reply was yes. That I should keep applying and that something would come soon. I did applied a lot and still today, no answers. She KNEW that I did not have the required background for this new field.

Again, I would not have been happy with this new field.

tarot_quest

This is my second reading with her. The first one was about love and according to her prediction and take home message, love should come very very soon. Let's see!;)(/QUOTE]

Well please keep us updated! I'm curious now.

Oh boy! If I remember this thread, yes I will! Thanks again for your nice inputs :)

tarot_quest

That is a lot of pressure to put on a single reading, much less a single reader. Paths in life can change and sometimes that is for the better. I think if you had put more energy in, you could've possibly "realized" the reading, but in this sense would your true intent been correct in this case considering the actual outcome? You ended up on higher ground having explored this possible path... so in a way, it did put you where you needed to go. It eliminated one fork to send you down another.

This is totally true! By exploring this new path, I discovered other job and other possibilities. So as you said, even if we take some detours, it is often to find our place at some point and learn something along the way!

Really, it's a big task to ask ourselves to pick a path. Especially when we're young, we're told we should pick a degree and stick with it. It can be confusing to think--well am I going this direction because my culture/society suggested I should go this direction or I am meant a different path? A lot of times it feels like we're the mouse in the maze following the cheese. Did we choose because we were forced to choose or did we really choose for ourselves? That can put a lot of anxiety on the shoulder's of a graduate, even if their initial outlook in life was extremely positive. It's the actual staring at the door that creates mixed feelings... which might be why you asked the feeling to begin with, to alleviate or otherwise sift through the cognitive dissonance. I think plenty common to have someone nearly done with a program consider changing the program altogether or going to a different field. It's happened to a few of my friends. Some end up going back to their field or they do find a new passion. I guess it just depends on the individual.

It is very true... Since a young age, I tried to be good at school to please my parents. At some point, I realized that some topics were very interesting, enough to pursue some undergraduate and then some graduate studies. But still, was I doing these things because my parents wanted me to do so? Or because the society dictates a lot of norms and behavior? It could be so! I think that it is a mix of what I want, what my parents expected from me when I grew up, and what the society encourages.

A lot of us have a lot of pressure put on us from the day we are born. Either to fulfill some stereotype, some familial aspiration, or even just to meet society's expectations. Either way, that can really get in the way of sorting our true intent's... which is something I think is really key to making divination work for you rather than against your personal truth(s).

Good point! Tarot can help us to see what we truly want rather than what we think we need (based on other people's expectations).

Thanks Maru! I like your replies :)

tarot_quest

Personally I don't want a 'gentle and compassionate' reader. I'd much rather someone who cut to the chase, helped me to ask a useful question, and gave me a useful answer. 'Gentle and compassionate' is popular because people want to hear nice things, but for my money I'd rather get something incisive and accurate.

Your brought an excellent point! I love accuracy in a reading, but since I am a sensitive person, I prefer a gentle approach. I don't like fatalistic predictions, and this reader does not do that at all. I wish I could have a ticker skin just like you! But it make total sens that a reader will be even more famous when using a compassionate approach, because people are exposing their problems and they need a good hear when asking for a reading :)

tarot_quest

To me someone's "fame" or "great reputation" mean absolutely nothing. That might be a good place to start if you're looking for someone you can depend on, but ultimately how valuable they are to you depends entirely on your experience. What others' experiences might have been mean nothing in the end. :)

Your point is very valid here. Even if a tarot reader is quite famous, it does not mean that this person will understand your ''problem'' enough well if they were not exposed to a similar situation. To be honest, I did not feel as if the reading resonated that much with me, but I was happy when I got it because she confirmed what I thought I wanted at the point in time.