Do you need your birth chart to compare to what the present chart is now?

CelestialHorse

I have figured out what planets are where, what degree, what house. It seems it would be too general but how do I know, how this will affect me, or I don't need to have my birth chart with me to see that? :/

Sun is in Sagittarius as we all know, for today (Monday) it's at 16 degrees. (Going into my 3rd House)

Moon Cancer-6 degree just entering the 10th house. (I am Aquarius, Moon is Sagittarius)

Mercury is 15 degrees in 8th House.

Venus is 26 degrees is going to leave 3rd house soon.

Mars is 2 degrees, just went into the 6th house.

Jupiter is 22 degrees in 11th House

Saturn is 28 degrees about to leave a house, Aquarius

Uranus is 12 degrees almost mid way through the 8th House

Pluto is 12 degrees in Capricorn in the 5th House.

Minderwiz

If you want to see how the current placements affect you then yes, you need your birth chart. The usual procedure would be to construct a bi-wheel with your birth chart forming one wheel and the present positions forming the outer wheel. That gives you a direct visual comparison.

Clearly that requires that you know your birth chart to begin with, which in turn requires you to know your time (and place) of birth. For people who don't know those details, there are still ways of doing it.

Firstly you could try and reconstruct your birth chart from what you do know - such as a rough time of birth provided by family members. As long as the period is fairly short (about six hours or less) you can narrow the time down to a range of an hour or even less by a process called 'rectification'. That should give you a workable Ascendant. It's possible to rectify even if the period is longer but the chances of errors grow considerably.

Secondly if you have no idea what time you were born you could try using a Sunrise Chart. That assumes you were born at sunrise on your day of birth. This is actually the process used in the 'horoscope' columns of newspapers and magazines. As most people know their day and year of birth, this is reasonably easy to do, as long as the place of birth is also known. A variant of this method is to set the chart for noon, when the Sun reaches its highest point in the sky.