Is it legit to judge a person's chart by "vibe"?

Darth MI

One thing I noticed among many modern astrologers-particularly among amateurs and practitioners of many "Sun sign" only schools of astrology such as Linda Goodman and Sydney Omar- seems to emphasize that people who are strong in certain signs, planets, house, etc send out.........

Literal energy represented by the sign/planet/whatever that is invisible but can be spotted by anyone who studied astrology as though its psychic and veteran astrologers can easily spot the vibe just by meeting the person or-GET THIS- even just by reading his online posts and published articles!

Now here is a story. Years ago before I even knew what sun signs was, on a random forum. I didn't even care about astrology but one person suddenly came up to me and told me I am a Scorpio because she can tell by the "vibe" of my post. I told her what the hell is a Scorpio and she asked me for my birthday. I told here it and her next response was that I probably have a moon in Scorpio or Scorpio Ascendant.

About a year later my mom ordered birth certificates just to have backup copies at home. I still wasn't into astrology at this time. But quite recently (sometime 2013) my interest in astrology was spiked by a documentary and as I was reading a website about how to learn your natal chart. When I calculated the birth chart for the firs time, it calculated my ascendant in Scorpio.

I thought it was scarily accurate.

So in a few other forums I've left recently, some people I noted seem to judge a person's natal chart just by their posts and by viewing their actions on TV show. It seemed so convincing because their posts were so well informative and I admit one of them got it right when they stated my posts came as Aquarius and I was shocked its my primary strongest sign according to Walter Pullen chart.

One of the posters commented Clark Gable's character Victor Marswell had to be Aquarius and Cancerian hybrid because he gave up the vibe of both signs. I told the poster Victor couldn't be because I read the play and if anything Victor came off more as a hybrid of Earth and Fire probably with strong Solarian influences because he is so spirited and extroverted but also industrious and patient in the play. The poster than responded by saying that the vibe probably comes from because Clark Gable himself is Aquarius. It becomes more shocking when I learned Gable's certificate lists him as being Cancer Ascendant!

So I literally believe this notion that people with certainly astrological influences give off some psychic vibe that you can recognize once you studied astrology long enough. That it will get to the point you could recognize such energies you no longer need to learn the person's natal chart.

Many amateur astrologer's and practitioners of the Sun sign methods literally believe this to the point even some of them go professional, they take this vibe with them!

For example one Israeli from a forum I left permanently stated when he went to an astrologer, the astrologer stated he had to be Pisces ascendant because he's eyes give up such strong Piscean vibes and are beautiful. His mom states him as being born in a time that puts him as a Sagittarius Ascendant. The astrologer rectified the chart giving him a time firmly as Pisces Ascendant.

Because I literally believed the vibe thing at the time, I thought it was probably true.

I even admitted I got some guesses correctly. One Aries girl from another forum I told her she probably has water as her ascendant and is water dominant. This girl didn't know what astrology concepts were so she decided to calculate her chart and I was right. Pisces was her ascendant and her dominant element is water. Another member on this forum asked me to guess her ascendant and I told her probably Pisces or Aquarius and she was impressed how spot on my statement was.

However I realized how ridiculous this concept was when I was discussing Star Wars character and astrology. One of them believed Luke Skywalker had to have Capricorn ascendant and likely Capricorn dominant because he gave off a Capricorn vibe. While its true Mark Hamill has Capricorn as his ascendant, aside from Luke's love for his father to the point he was willing to give his life to turn him back to good, Luke Skywalker's personality was anything but Capricorn. Granted the actor Mark Hamill has strong Leo, Libra, and Scorpio influences so they may be interfering with Capricorn asc, but as a long time Star Wars fan before I got into astrology......

As in I read so much of the EU, collect Star Wars merchandise, and know far more Star Wars than anyone else except for maybe The Ram and I will tell you Luke's personality is anything but Capricorn. Going by personality traits and his actions he actually fits the Cancer description more with some strong Sagittarius elements. This is especially true in many comics where he is in search of knowledge across ruins and has a priceless sense of respect towards history. Plus he has one quite romantic affair in the EU.

Even just taking the classic Star Wars OT alone, his personality was not Capricornish but instead came off as a hybrid of Cancer and Aries.

This is when I began to notice a flaw with this method of spotting elements in a person's chart. More often than not, not only will people who use this psychic vibe try to guess almost entirely on what "energies" a person emits but they even ignore actual personality traits they seen of the person in the past and more important even actions right in front of them!

In some case it gets so ridiculous that some of them will even judge a character's astrological influences being emitted in a movie based on the actor and ignore what the character has actually done so far in the film or what is portrayed of their personality. The Mark Hamill example is one but another one is Kirk Douglas in his role of Spartacus. People state he had to be a mix of Sagittarius and Aquarius because of the vibe Spartacus emits and also because of Spartacus's idealism and belief of how wrong slavery is.

Kirk Douglas certainly was a Sagittarius with Aquarius ascendant, but come on man take the movie into context. Spartacus was a slave who's experienced the horrors of slavery first hand I mean he was whipped, forced to fight to the death in some games, and witnessed women being forced as sex slave. Its only natural he'd develop the ideals that slavery is wrong and should be abolished and considering how cruel the Romans were its only natural he'd choose to kill his friend and let himself be crucified. His decision wasn't out of idealism, it was because he cared for his friend.

Its gotten so bad that people would accuse anyone who was trolling in online astrology community as being Aries/Aries Ascendant/Aries Mercury (ignoring that TROLLING is being rude in the first place). Or assume someone's posts are intelligent so he must be Mercurian or Airy (ignoring that in most places around the world you must be rich in the first place to even have the freetime and access to internet and probably in turn more intelligent than the average random working class Joe).

Some even let the vibe thing overtake a their view of a person irl and they would refuse to believe a recorded birth time because it doesn't paint the person as being say Libra Ascendant/Sun/Moon/Dominant or Saturnine or strong 10th house.........

Even though if you actually witnessed the person, his personality did not commit any actions that would be associated with Libra such as being a charmy speaker or having a love for the arts,etc and despite all the "Libran" vibe astrologers say the person emits, by actual actions he is actually Virgo (critical, analytical,etc) and his interests are primarily Virgo ones such as religion, mathematics,etc.

I won't deny I "got this vibe" thing from a few people and were able to guess their whole charts correct just by their so-called "energies" but I'd rather people guess someone's ascendant or Sun Sign or Mars or whatever by their hobbies, action, personality traits, and most importantly their knowledge of what time frame they were born based on what their parents or grandparents told them.

Once we have a birth certificate, its complete ******** to even try to disprove he's Taurus Asc, he's Scorpio Sun,etc just because he doesn't emit the vibe of a Scorpio Sun or Libra Asc and gives off a "Pisces" vibe blah blah blah Virgo aura yadda yadda yadda instead because you disagree with his birth chart that puts him as Cancer Ascendant and Gemini Sun or whatever.

What do you think?

Darth MI

Since my first post was so long, I'm making this as a second one.

Is there even such thing as a "psychic vibe" to judging signs and planetaries and so forth? Why do so many amateur astrologers and Sun sign followers (in particular Linda Goodman) believe in this nonsense?

I seen at least several members even on here state they choose their partners by "vibes" rather than actually go see who the person is. I seen one girl who claims to be Scorpio Sun states that "Scorpio" can feel a Pisces man's vibe and that all her acquaintances irl cannot get her taste in men. She tried to "explain" the vibe thing but none of them get it at all. Not her acquaintances aren't into astrology as she is.

She even wrote in her words that Scorpio women "don't suss our potential partners out with our eyes, we sort of have a radar and an instinct when it comes to finding the right mate. It's all about the vibe."

But I know Scorpio women irl who not only are triple Scorpios but even handsdown Scorpio dominants yet they fall for men who are anything but Piscean (in fact often the opposite of Pisces I'm talking about men who often are masculine and aggressive a la the jock personality) so I don't get what the hell she is saying. In fact these Scorpio women with dominant Scorpio influence often tell me they hate men with stereotypical Pisces traits such as sweet, submissive, meek, understanding, and emotional crybabies and they want men who are precisely the jock types like Aries.

Thing is I have yet to see any professional astrologer or traditional astrologer for the matter describe anything about this "vibe". In fact some of them are so exasperated people are using astrology in this manner and they state it very much goes against established rules by the many astrology federations and even among traditional astrologers who employ the use of talismans and such to ward off the negativity in a natal chart, I have yet to meet any who admits to such a concept such as "Scorpionic vibe" or "I can sense he is Pisces as though I am Psychic" or any of these nonsense.

That is why I ask if this "Saturnine Energy" or "Leonine vibe" or "Piscean Mars aggression" or whatever is even legit to real astrology? Why did it come so popular among amateur astrologers and Sun sign astrologers (especially members of the Linda Goodman school)?

Darth MI

Response to a Quote

This is a response I made to a post from another site and its so relevant to this topic I'm going ahead quoting it here and posting my response to it .

Kaiousei no Senshi said:
I don't think a vibe is really a good indicator of things that are happening in someone's natal chart, but the Ascendant sign, planets in aspect to it and whatnot ought to manifest itself as an individual's physical appearance. So, astrologers should be able to make informed estimations about those parts of a natal chart based on someone's appearance. Furthermore, the way people respond to things is typically indicative of their temperament, so you could probably get a decent idea of what that is based on forum posts and the words people choose when responding to things.

The psychic-ness is likely just a haunting reminder of the new age-isms that still grip onto astrology in general.

Thing is (and reread my first post), people let that "temperament" and physical manifestation of a person's appearance interfere with what even precise birth times calculate into. To the point some people started even suggesting a person had to be born in around a month earlier (March) just because her personality was far more watery and does not match Aries at all. We're talking about a one month gap here !

To bring up one of my mentioned examples about the astrologer immediately stating the Israeli guy had to be Pisces Ascendant because of his "beautiful eyes"........... That's a freaking 5 hour gap from what his mom told him about his approximate birth time! I can understand estimates into Capricorn or Scorpio or even Aquarius (because his approximate birth time is quite late into his birth time) but Pisces? The astrologer literally rectified it on the basis of his appearance and ignored using the approximate time in his rectification!

And while I guess some people's ascendant and even sun sign based on internet post, I don't buy judging temperament through online postings because people react differently irl from the internet . I understand in what you mean by noticing temperament that is similar to Sun sign descriptions in signs through internet posts and even irl actions and movements, but come on known birth times goes first before whatever "energy" or temperament or whatever.

Even irl you have to remember some people may be putting a nice girl façade up or putting a jock badboy bullying attitude at school but its not necessarily because he's "Libra" or "Aries" or "Scorpio" but he is intentionally acting like the stereotypical bully jock Aries is stereotyped to be because he is fearful of social norms and labeling and he intentionally bullies nerds to avoid being seen as weak by other bullies and thus he will be left alone. Same with many "good girls" who got labeled as Cancer ascendant by astrologers (ignoring in the cultures they came from a "Scorpionic" girl would immediately be outcasted or possibly raped).

I mean just look at the look Skywalker example.e They claim he is Capricorn just based on the aura Mark Hamill gives off (ignoring that Luke Skywalker acted incredibly reckless and shown immense Arien traits in the battlefield and also ignoring how mellow and sweet his personality was a la Cancer).

To go back to the internet posting thing, have you ever heard of the GIFT effect? In one forum a girl who was Capricorn with Libra Moon and Virgo ascendant was crying she hates her astrology placements because it makes her shy and introverted but if you saw her posting habits,, she posts so much as though she were a talkative introvert irl and she was so open about herself to the point she'd respond to posts about personal irl things she should never share to anyone else in as quick as an instant. You would mistaken her as extroverted and possibly an air sign if you read her posts.

Which is why despite how amateur astrologers may get guesses correct from watching an actor in a movie or reading internet posts about astrology placements and even I admit getting this correct a few times, you should never use this as a crutch to identify the elements of a natal chart and birth times (even just approximate) always go first beyond whatever "psychic energy" and "vibe" you may "feel" from chatting with a person online or see in watching a movie or even from hanging out with the person at the mall irl.

Minderwiz

Using your Scorpio example:

If you allow Sun, Moon and Ascendant placements all to be the same thing in terms of personality, then everyone has a one in four chance of being a 'Scorpio'. Allow for Stellia or other significant placement and the chances go up. I happen to have three major planets in Scorpio, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter and they're all angular. So I could be judged as a 'Scorpio'

Guessing will therefore work reasonably well.

The real art is differentiating all those Scorpio effects to identify which of them it is.

Darth MI

Using your Scorpio example:

If you allow Sun, Moon and Ascendant placements all to be the same thing in terms of personality, then everyone has a one in four chance of being a 'Scorpio'. Allow for Stellia or other significant placement and the chances go up. I happen to have three major planets in Scorpio, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter and they're all angular. So I could be judged as a 'Scorpio'

Guessing will therefore work reasonably well.

The real art is differentiating all those Scorpio effects to identify which of them it is.

I definitely agree different placements will manifest differently especially once aspects, duads, and more complex stuff are taken into account.

But considering some traditionalists told me that in the Medieval era they adopted talismans, alchemy and other spiritual things to deal with the negativity in a natal chart, I have to ask according your knowledge as a Hellenist?

Is there such thing s a "psychic" vibe that I mentioned in the above posts? I have yet to speak to a traditionalist or modern astrologer affiliated with major organizations like the PAMAFA to even buy into this "psychic" nonsense.

In fact if anything all modern professional astrologers who are members of organizations like the Astrological Association of Great Britain call this "vibe" thing utter BS and are the first to say that this is improper sue of astrology Even traditionalists who believe astrology is entwined with mysticism, religion, and the occult call these "Pisces energy"/"Saturnine Vibe"/"Cancerian Temperament" nonsense and nowhere to be found in traditional systems.

Seriously its only modern amateurs who claim stuff like "your posts came off as Libran LMFAO" or "I sense a mix of feminine and masculine signs in the way she poke on the radio" or "Clark Gable gives off a very Aquarius vibe along with some Cancerian energies in his role as Rhett in Gone With the Wind" and other psychic nonsense.

In fact I'd like anyone reading this post to explain where these "I feel psychic as I feel an invisible Aries energy coming from his post" or "my friend comes off as very Aquarius every time I meet him at the mall", etc.

Also I cannot understand why many people are replacing actual personality traits and actions committed by this vibe and above all recorded birth times (read my Luke Skywalker example)!

Minderwiz

I certainly don't dismiss the involvement of psychic abilities. My wife is psychic and I know full well the value of psychic power.

However not all such assessments involve the use of psychic power to pick up vibes. There is a possible 'scientific' explanation. For Modern Astrology the signs have become a shorthand for personality types. The sheer practice of using these, should by trial and error, raise the hit rates over pure chance.

The same could well be true of recognising standard psychological personality types without expressly and consciously thinking it through - it becomes 'second nature'.