Six of Swords as feelings

SweetSiren

I used the Rider Waite deck, and this is between two people who had a romantic encounter. I am very unsure of how to interpret this card here. The card is about harmony, but there's something that leads me to think there is a conflict between thoughts and feelings.

There is water on the card, and a lot of it. I'm thinking there are a lot of feelings for this person, but circumstances haven't allowed these feelings to be expressed.

Any thoughts or experiences with the card?

violetdaisy

I don't see 6s as harmony, I see it as one person or people being guided by another person from one situation to another. There is a lot of water in the card but if I recall correctly the water is rippled/wavy in the foreground but calm in the distance. Perhaps one of the people involved feels like the other person is a better choice for them than previous encounters or can lead them to someplace better (even dealing just specifically with romance)

lucifelfalling

I see the six of swords as "move forward" and "keep moving" even if you're sad, even if if you can't see the way and need someone else to steer. It means moving on from the encounter and not getting stuck on it - possibly to another person or to another type of relationship with the same person.

PAMUYA

The Six of Swords: a card with such depth of feeling. But this felling is moving away. As already mentioned there is water/emotion in the card, but they ride above it, keeping themselves bundled, huddled together, almost hiding. Their feelings are slipping away, to the other side. The swords are pointing down, into the hull of their vessel, no communication, at least for their feelings. This is a transitional time for them, they are running from their feelings. No feelings at this time.

SweetSiren

I don't see 6s as harmony, I see it as one person or people being guided by another person from one situation to another. There is a lot of water in the card but if I recall correctly the water is rippled/wavy in the foreground but calm in the distance. Perhaps one of the people involved feels like the other person is a better choice for them than previous encounters or can lead them to someplace better (even dealing just specifically with romance)

That's a great way of seeing the card. It's a fairly obvious way of looking at it, and yet it flew by my radar. Maybe the person in question is a little dissatisfied with where they are and the other person gives them hope of better things.

SweetSiren

I see the six of swords as "move forward" and "keep moving" even if you're sad, even if if you can't see the way and need someone else to steer. It means moving on from the encounter and not getting stuck on it - possibly to another person or to another type of relationship with the same person.

I can definitely see this, but I'm not sure how that relates to feelings. When I see this card, and asked what feeling it evokes- I think of sadness and regret, maybe even burned by another. Thanks for your insight though, it led me to quite the revelation!

SweetSiren

The Six of Swords: a card with such depth of feeling. But this felling is moving away. As already mentioned there is water/emotion in the card, but they ride above it, keeping themselves bundled, huddled together, almost hiding. Their feelings are slipping away, to the other side. The swords are pointing down, into the hull of their vessel, no communication, at least for their feelings. This is a transitional time for them, they are running from their feelings. No feelings at this time.

I understand what you mean, but I find it contradictory to say this card has depth of feeling, and yet it translates to no feelings at this time. I agree with the no communication to feelings- as with this card I see a lot of emotion but being forced to sit with them with no expression, hoping for relief. It is a transitional time pictured in the card, but I've always seen these people as being forced to think about the past and the future- that's sort of what a transition is.

PAMUYA

I understand what you mean, but I find it contradictory to say this card has depth of feeling, and yet it translates to no feelings at this time. I agree with the no communication to feelings- as with this card I see a lot of emotion but being forced to sit with them with no expression, hoping for relief. It is a transitional time pictured in the card, but I've always seen these people as being forced to think about the past and the future- that's sort of what a transition is.

The feelings are all inward, working on oneself, no room for others, not contradictory at all.

Puffette

I don't know why but anytime i see six of swords i see sadness... you felt bad,had arguments...and once this card pops out things will improve for sure,you leave that place of unhapiness and move to calmer water ...but you still remember everything that happened..... In that boat along with you there is still your broken heart and memories and everything you endured,is just that the place itself is no more with you(people that could harm you or maybe a bad job or a house that made u unhappy,or the situation u have been fighting against).
As feelings i say this person is distancing himself and leaving for some time..