Donald Kraig has died

inanna_tarot

Just saw this on facebook..

I was really sad to hear that he was so ill with cancer a month or so back... but I appreciate that his spirit is now free from a failing body that was in pain.

I was like many other young people who discovered the mysteries of the golden dawn and ceremonial magick by a man who made it so accessible and relevant for another generation of magical-folk after Regardie died.

My heart goes out to his family, and to those that really knew him, whilst I feel like I lost a teacher who helped me over the years.

Zephyros

Just saw this on facebook..

I was really sad to hear that he was so ill with cancer a month or so back... but I appreciate that his spirit is now free from a failing body that was in pain.

I was like many other young people who discovered the mysteries of the golden dawn and ceremonial magick by a man who made it so accessible and relevant for another generation of magical-folk after Regardie died.

My heart goes out to his family, and to those that really knew him, whilst I feel like I lost a teacher who helped me over the years.

I guess not everyone shares the sentiment.

http://watcherofthedawn.wordpress.c...revolting-rovelli-unleashes-his-inner-tosser/

ravenest

That was rather revolting from both sides .... not a good advert for the tradition ...

<returns to hermitage where no such nasty people abide >

Barleywine

That was rather revolting from both sides .... not a good advert for the tradition ...

<returns to hermitage where no such nasty people abide >

Looks like Rovelli has found his true calling, being an "evil f****r to critically sick people." Who is next? Kraig wasn't at the top of my list of favorite authors, but I also don't think he was an outright "fraud." I would venture to say that anyone who is mining a tradition is by definition something of a "recycler." It doesn't make them a charlatan or all-around "evil dude."