Hierophant in relationships when it doesn't mean marriage?

plato

Maybe he was reeled in by someone else who was waiting in the wings, and married her. If his wife's decline was lengthy, he could have had long-term sympathizers who moved in on him. Either that, or as others have said, he's simply honoring his wife's memory.

Hah, I don't think he married someone else. That's one option that seems a little too extreme. I would consider that he lied to me and is in fact married though. All kinds of sickos out there! And I've been through worse!

plato

Perhaps this viewpoint seems a little radical. My take on this situation is based on the intentional cruelty of this person's actions. There is something perverted in the mind of someone who deliberately, and unnecessarily causes mental anguish to someone who is innocent and genuinely cares about them. I cannot attribute such actions to the traditional concept of the Pope as a "man of god". Hence, I make reference to the historical Bacchus aspect of this card...this type of action is characteristic of the "narcissistic" personality that is currently very prevalent in our society and preys upon highly vulnerable people, such as you appear to be. I do not choose to make excuses for this man's conduct. I hold him responsible for his actions, and I would like to see you do the same, Plato....especially if he shows up again with excuses as that is usually the way the game goes.

Understood. I'm definitely not making excuses for him. I wouldn't get back together with him, even if he did come back around with apologies. I'm simply trying to get some closure. Even if his behavior is unreasonable, which it is, there's always a reason for why people do things. I'd like to know why he did what he did...not take him back. Make sense? Thank you.

Ruby Jewel

Understood. I'm definitely not making excuses for him. I wouldn't get back together with him, even if he did come back around with apologies. I'm simply trying to get some closure. Even if his behavior is unreasonable, which it is, there's always a reason for why people do things. I'd like to know why he did what he did...not take him back. Make sense? Thank you.

There is a saying I always remember...from a reader I used to watch..until her husband died and she quit reading. She used to always say, "don't let the Devil get a hold on your mind." I feel like she would say that to this situation....do you really need some kind of closure? What would that feel like? Maybe just more pain....you are out of the quicksand right now. I say, don't look back. He closed it the way he did because he doesn't have an excuse. That is who he is. Any excuse he made would be a lie. Like you, I think he is probably married. I had this happen to me once with a guy. He even went so far as to ask me to marry him after knowing him only a week. We were supposed to go to a cinema that evening, and he went home to change clothes. I never heard from him again, but I did hear he was married. IMO, you are free right now....if you choose it. I would chalk it up to "life" and forget it.

plato

There is a saying I always remember...from a reader I used to watch..until her husband died and she quit reading. She used to always say, "don't let the Devil get a hold on your mind." I feel like she would say that to this situation....do you really need some kind of closure? What would that feel like? Maybe just more pain....you are out of the quicksand right now. I say, don't look back. He closed it the way he did because he doesn't have an excuse. That is who he is. Any excuse he made would be a lie. Like you, I think he is probably married. I had this happen to me once with a guy. He even went so far as to ask me to marry him after knowing him only a week. We were supposed to go to a cinema that evening, and he went home to change clothes. I never heard from him again, but I did hear he was married. IMO, you are free right now....if you choose it. I would chalk it up to "life" and forget it.

Well, that's the thing. I guess I would like to know for sure. Again, there is no excuse. These are not excuses, they are just reasons. And yes, it would be helpful to know the reasons. Is he in too much pain from his dying wife? Does he CURRENTLY have a wife? Did he make everything up and none of it is true; there was never a wife? Did he like meeting someone that knew nothing about him, making up a story about his life, and I got too close for him to keep lying?

Perhaps I'll be able to chalk it up to life after a few months. But with so many planets in Scorpio (5), it's hard for me to let go. ;)

Ruby Jewel

Well, that's the thing. I guess I would like to know for sure. Again, there is no excuse. These are not excuses, they are just reasons. And yes, it would be helpful to know the reasons. Is he in too much pain from his dying wife? Does he CURRENTLY have a wife? Did he make everything up and none of it is true; there was never a wife? Did he like meeting someone that knew nothing about him, making up a story about his life, and I got too close for him to keep lying?

Perhaps I'll be able to chalk it up to life after a few months. But with so many planets in Scorpio (5), it's hard for me to let go. ;)

I see. Yes, Scorpio would have a hard time for sure. Very sensitive and emotional. How would you be able to believe anything he said after this? Anyway, I guess that remains to be seen. Best of luck, and Merry Christmas.

BeyondtheVeil

plato

Granted I'm a novice, but I associate the Hierophant (in terms of relationships) as something stable and traditional, like a marriage. I can't help but think it doesn't apply here.

Recently I was ghosted by a man I've been seeing for a couple months who lost his wife a year ago to cancer. Right before he went Poof, he was telling me it was the first time since his wife he had felt that way, was looking at places to rent in my town to be closer to me, etc. In fact, his last words to me were very positive. Him leaving was completely out of the blue and was done without an explanation.

I've been left here trying to put the pieces together, attempting to understand what had happened. When I ask about our future (usually in an attempt to find out if I'll ever hear from him again and get some kind of closure), without fail, I've always received The Hierophant in the outcome or future position. It leaves me dissatisfied and continuously looking for answers, because I just don't know what it's trying to tell me.

The only thing I can think of is, "he hasn't let go of his marriage yet and freaked out." But that would make more sense to me in the present position.

What gives? I highly doubt I'll be walking down the aisle with him at this point, hah!

Hi Plato :)

I'm just wondering how this resolved itself. I was also getting the Hierophant as an outcome card.

I'm wondering what The Hierophant meant in your case.

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil