four of swords

ninibae

hello,

I keep getting 4 of swords rx in my reading regarding my ex bf.

We don't talk anymore, but i know he is in another country right now (for work or for holiday i am not sure). Is this card simply telling me that he is really tired and therefore taking a break from everything thing thats been bothering him? OR does this card mean that he is still disappointed that we broke up and he is still healing?

UniversesCollide

It could also be that he has not had any emotional or spiritual growth. Maybe he's not dealing with any of his baggage. Were you doing a general read on how he'd doing or was it specifically about his feeling about you or your break up?

ninibae

It could also be that he has not had any emotional or spiritual growth. Maybe he's not dealing with any of his baggage. Were you doing a general read on how he'd doing or was it specifically about his feeling about you or your break up?

Hello UniverseCollide,
Thank you for replying. A psychic told me that he will contact me soon. So for confirmation I asked my cards three different questions regarding him. And I got 4 of swords three times(Twice in reversed position and upright once).
the questions were general type I would say and not about his feelings for me.

Ruby Jewel

I would say he is taking a break from a lot of things...perhaps you are one of many. When he gets up,which he will eventually do, no doubt he will give you a call

Beancrew49

I would read it as he's taking a break AND that he needs more healing.

I remember reading somewhere that the classic 4 of Swords imagery depicts a knight in meditation in order to convey the idea that upon returning from a battle, many knights would lie in a coffin that they had made beforehand and meditate on how lucky they are to have returned. They could have just as easily been killed in battle and it was prudent to take some time to look back, give thanks for their blessings, and really contemplate the way things went and where they could go in the future.

It sounds to me that your ex might be returning from the battle of your relationship and he needs some time to understand why things went the way they did, learn the lessons he was meant to learn, and then decide if reconciliation is in his best interests. I don't think pushing the issue will garner the results you hope for. Time and patience may be your ally.

headincloud

Exile.

UniversesCollide

I would look to the other cards to see the nature of it rather than trying to figure it all out from just the one isolated card even if it is the only one that keeps repeating. 4 of Swords Rx would make me feel cautious.

ninibae

thank you all for your help. He did tell me once that he is still sad things didn't workout.. Maybe he is still healing and trying to understand things but i am afraid he wont call me back.

nisaba

hello,

I keep getting 4 of swords rx in my reading regarding my ex bf.

We don't talk anymore, but i know he is in another country right now (for work or for holiday i am not sure). Is this card simply telling me that he is really tired and therefore taking a break from everything thing thats been bothering him? OR does this card mean that he is still disappointed that we broke up and he is still healing?

Could it be saying that as long as you are still wrapped up in him enough to be doing readings about his feelings, you yourself are NOT GOING to heal?

SweetSiren

I see the four of swords as taking a time out with the intention of collecting your thoughts, a productive isolation. Reversed, I might see it as a very stagnant situation in one's mind, as if they are mentally stuck. Isolation is doing the opposite for them, it's actually making the situation worse in their minds. Alternatively, they might need isolation and to think individually but don't know how.

In terms of the relationship, I think it has to say that things haven't really changed, that breaking up didn't do what you had intended. It might be a sign to you to do some real thinking on the situation. Ask yourself the questions that you are avoiding. What caused the breakup? Why would life be better without him? What did he bring into your life? What were you expecting? And did breaking up meet your expectations? If not, was there a better way to handle the situation?