3 of wands yellow water

Amanda B

Why is the water in the 3 of wands yellow, instead of blue? It's almost like it's a sea of sand, rather than a sea of water. Any ideas?

Thanks!
AB

BodhiSeed

http://www.learntarot.com/bigjpgs/wands03.jpg

In the RWS, the color yellow often symbolizes energy, intellect and inspiration. Perhaps these are what the man in the Three of Wands used to create his beginning success (ships coming in).

Bodhran

lark

Or maybe he just pee'ed in the lake...:D

BodhiSeed

lark said:
Or maybe he just pee'ed in the lake...:D

Whoa... He must have had a couple of kegs of beer to do that! No wonder he's propping himself up with a staff - LOL!

Bodhran

Amanda B

Hahaha!

Thanks for your interesting responses! I like the idea of energy, and Elnor, thanks for the scan of the sunrise - very beautiful!

AB

koolchick

Theres many odd colors in this deck like yellow skys, light blue sky on moon card (isn't the moon out mainly at night) yellow wolf on moon card. I'm sure theres more thats just the bits I can think of. Overall its a nice deck but not keen on the colors thats why I'm coloring my own.

Sulis

koolchick said:
Theres many odd colors in this deck like yellow skys, light blue sky on moon card (isn't the moon out mainly at night) yellow wolf on moon card. I'm sure theres more thats just the bits I can think of. Overall its a nice deck but not keen on the colors thats why I'm coloring my own.

The colours all mean something - they are there for a reason. Lots of people use colour symbolism when they read and the Rider Waite Smith deck is excellent for that.

Vadella

I tried to post this a few days ago but it wouldn't go through. The first thought and feeling I got with your question was- excitement.

Amanda B

Hi, Vadella!

Yes, I think that excitement may be it! Maybe he got so excited he peed in the lake. Just kidding! But I associate the color yellow with the 3rd chakra, navel center, center of discipline and self-will. I associate water with the heart - so perhaps excitement at achieving something real, ships coming in, a labor of love bearing fruit, so to speak.

Thanks all for your responses!

AB